Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And our next coach is...someone you haven't yet heard about.

Art

Certainly possible, but I sorta hope it isn't Dennis Green. And while, sure, it might be a publicity whiff to hire Jim Fassel, if he's the RIGHT hire (and I'm not saying it is or it isn't), that goes by the boards very quickly. Snyder knows that he has a highly tempermental and easily freaked-out fanbase for the Skins, but he also knows that we're not fickle. Loyalty would give him the luxury of bringing on an unpopular choice if he really thought Fassel was the answer.

I know the speculation that Fassel was the one who picked the coordinators. But was there something I missed that confirmed that these where his choices that he wanted in place for him to coach in DC.

I don't think anything during this entire process has been confirmed. But at the time, it was well reported that Zorn was Fassel's guy and that Fassel approved of promoting Blache.

The only way to confirm it would be to talk to Snyder, Vinny, or Fassel, and they ain't talkin'. (Unless you consider that exclusive "interview" Bram had with Snyder the other day).

Hail,

H

The simple answer is Cowher. :).

That would generate excitement.

I just can't see why Cowher - who was always demanding more power in Pittsburgh - would take a totally neutered Head Coaching position in DC.

What makes me suspect there is no rabbit is simply that no "exciting" coach would come into a situation where he has no say on the staff and no vote on personnel.

Even Denny Green would demand more.

I want Mike Ditka! The fact the he likes to trade all of his draft picks should sit well with Vinny.

That last part made me laugh outloud.

Just announce it already. Unless of course DS and his monkeys have no idea and are trying to get Denny Green (:shot: ) or someone else from the Home of Coaching Retreads.

Dan very well could be trying to wear Cowher down and has talked to him in between interviews trying to get him to come out of retirement. I truly believe he was the heir apparent to JG after his original contract ran out for next season. You could see that Snyder was as shocked as everyone else when he made his speech at the JG's resignation announcement on camera. Snyder didn't know anyone else to turn to other than his old buddy Vinny.

Cowher hated sharing personell responsibilities with Tom Donahoe. Do you think he wants to work with Vinny?

When Cowher comes back, he will get the following from someone:

1. Enough money to buy Raleigh, North Carolina.

2. Complete control over personell

3. Complete control over his staff.

Danny can only offer one of these.

If it was Fassel, they would have announced him as head coach by now. Meeks is still in the running, I believe and possibly Mooch, who is a WCO guru (fits with Zorn) But I am leaning more towards the poster's train of thought. I think Snyder is being overly meticulous and won't just name a head coach out of desperation. (contrary to how much we the "oh so educated" fans might disagree) The process of hiring a head coach is a taxing endeavor for both an owner and the team it affects. It's hard to preach patience, when mine is fading, but I want this done right, with the right candidate.

Hail. :point2sky

Archived