Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if we traded Betts??

Ant15fromNJ

I think we should trade Betts becuase Portis and him are very similar except that Betts catches better but Portis blocks better. Sellers could get more carries and Portis and that would be a true thunder and lightning attack. Betts had an amazing 2006 and people didnt forget that and maybe get a decent draft pick and build though the draft. I say trade him not because he isnt good or anything like that its just business and we need to bust up other postions.

:2cents:

If they're as similiar as you say we would trade Portis, I'm not real familiar with his contract but it seems like that would be way better for the cap. Also in the WCO dont running plays kinda get stretched out like the running plays in denver????? I don't know that for sure but it sounds right, if so that seems to be more in the mold of CP. Plus Portis needs to stay because he's the gnarliest pass blocking back in the NFL brosef. Betts can't hold his jock when it comes to that.

Im only sayin keep portis becuase his speed is first class and that is very dangerous on the field. But some of you are talking about salary cap absolutly if that is a problem you got to go the other way and keep betts. Its just something to talk about that I think would help the team its nothing more than that I like Betts I would hate 2 see him go hes a true redskin and want to help us win and plays like it, its just a opinion.

I was not impressed with Betts in 07....he needs to show something or we need to go another direction no doubt...I think Marcus Mason would have given us more production or Rock...Ladell doesn't play hungry enough...terrible terrible blocker...

we need a Grant or Bradshaw...young and hungry.

Betts is a nice compliment to Portis who carries most of the load. If we traded Betts, who do you suppose would take the snaps while Portis was resting? And you can't say Sellers. When he's not carrying on short yardage situations, he's lead blocking for Portis. He's too big to play all of those downs.

Archived