Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if we traded Betts??

Ant15fromNJ

First we cannot trade BETTS, we just signed that WASTE O SKIN to a HUGE CONTRACT LAST YEAR.. That would cost us alot. I would love to trade him, however, no one in their right mind would take that HUGE contract for a 3rd stringer at best and give us a 3rd rounder. I mean, there is a reason we got PORTIS, Betts was here 2 years before we got Portis and did what? NOTHING......! FACT HERE, Betts only did well in HIS CONTRACT YEAR.... Even though his YPC was a little higher than Portis, He could not get us the yards when we really needed them.. CASE AND POINT the first GIANTS GAME... Betts is a waste... To say he can catch better than Portis is poppy****... They both catch fine and yes Portis is a 100x better blocker. Porits is a stud, only one year not over 1000 and he missed most of season due to injury. If Portis continues to play for another 5 years this way, he will be a HOFer. Right now he is like Fred Taylor, not getting any respect for the work he does. can you believe this is FTs first pro bowl cause someone else is out with an injury....? CRAZY..... Screw BETTS.....

First we cannot trade BETTS, we just signed that WASTE O SKIN to a HUGE CONTRACT LAST YEAR.. That would cost us alot. I would love to trade him, however, no one in their right mind would take that HUGE contract for a 3rd stringer at best and give us a 3rd rounder. I mean, there is a reason we got PORTIS, Betts was here 2 years before we got Portis and did what? NOTHING......! FACT HERE, Betts only did well in HIS CONTRACT YEAR.... Even though his YPC was a little higher than Portis, He could not get us the yards when we really needed them.. CASE AND POINT the first GIANTS GAME... Betts is a waste... To say he can catch better than Portis is poppy****... They both catch fine and yes Portis is a 100x better blocker. Porits is a stud, only one year not over 1000 and he missed most of season due to injury. If Portis continues to play for another 5 years this way, he will be a HOFer. Right now he is like Fred Taylor, not getting any respect for the work he does. can you believe this is FTs first pro bowl cause someone else is out with an injury....? CRAZY..... Screw BETTS.....

Do some homework. Betts did not sign a huge contract. WTF are you talking about. Portis is the one with the ridiculous contract. And poppy****? You really went there? And Portis playing this way for 5 more years will NOT get him in the HOF. 6 fumbles is unacceptable.

Portis is breaking down and has lost his biggest supporter in Gibbs. I love the guy, but by some accounts, more than one of his teammates got tired of his BS this year.

Betts is worth more to us than the mid-round draft pick we could get for him.

Keep him both and be happy.

Betts isn't worth much on the open market.

5th/6th rounder at best.

Also, how can you say Betts is a better receiver?

He and Portis have been in the league exactly the same amount of time, and Portis has 79 more receptions than Betts.

Really? Yes Portis has more receptions but do you not think that might have something to do with the fact that he played about three times as many downs as Betts in his career? Watch them play, it is universal knowledge that Betts is the better receiver when he gets the chance.

Betts is worth no more than Travis Henry or Reuben Droughns were a couple of years ago when teams were trying to deal them. In the end both players left as free agents without compensation.

Running backs who are solid but unspectacular are a dime a dozen in the NFL.

Look at the Giants. They lost Barber in the offseason, Derrick Ward was hurt early in the season and yet the team still came up with Bradshaw to pair with Jacobs and win the Super Bowl.

Similarly in Green Bay, the Packers traded a #6 pick to the Giants for yet another of their backs, Ryan Grant, and he is now their starting running back with 200 yards in the postseason.

How much is Betts worth vis a vis these other players at age 29?

Really? Yes Portis has more receptions but do you not think that might have something to do with the fact that he played about three times as many downs as Betts in his career? Watch them play, it is universal knowledge that Betts is the better receiver when he gets the chance.

Betts has better hands, but Portis is much better in the open field.

we missed our window to trade him for anything worthwhile. I think the most we'd get is a 3rd at best right now.

I doubt we'd even get a 3rd. Running backs have seemed to be devalued by front offices in the league. They'd rather just draft a young guy with potential. Anyhow, Betts is a good receiver and fits better into the WCO. Now, Portis is much better than Betts, and Betts may be expendable, but it's always good to have two good backs.

We saw the need in 2006 with Portis' injury. In 2007, you saw backs like Larry Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Steven Jackson, Shaun Alexander, Cadillac Williams, Rudi Johnson and more struggle with injuries.

Betts doesn't cost much, and we wouldn't get much trade value.

Archived