Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if we traded Betts??

Ant15fromNJ

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You must be a comedian for a living right? Because thats a very very funny joke! CLASSIC.

I like Betts, but you SERIOUSLY think Betts is our MVP?:laugh: Todd Collins is more of an MVP for us than Betts:laugh:

Betts had a horrible season last season, and he had chances..Remember the 3 chances from the 1 against the giants?:doh:

I think you may be the 1 on acid.

Don't even listen to him. He says Betts led the charge in '06, and Portis in '07, and then proceeds to say "Look what Portis got us."

Portis = Playoff Berth.

Betts = 5-11 season

Only the most extremely foolish people would say that Betts is worthy of backing up Portis, because he isn't even half as capable of Portis.

Sometimes I just dont understand my fellow Skins fans' logic. Portis is hardly the kinda guy you can bet on being healthy for 16+ games, so trading Betts makes absolutely no sense. After Betts, we'd rely on Mason and Rock, if he stays, as our #2s.

I dont think so.

Portis:

2004- 15 games started

2005- 16 games started (+2 playoff)

2007- 16 games started (+1 Playoff)

what in the world are YOU talking about??

Portis:

2004- 15 games started

2005- 16 games started (+2 playoff)

2006- 16 games started (+1 Playoff)

what in the world are YOU talking about??

May I correct your little research?

2004 yes

2005 yes

2006 Portis got injured during preseason and wasn´t a factor all year

2007 slow start (may be from little naggin injuries here & there) but strong finish (When the going gets tough, the tough get going)

The OP feels, we need a capable backup as insurance.

May I correct your little research?

2004 yes

2005 yes

2006 Portis got injured during preseason and wasn´t a factor all year

my mistake. I meant 2007 instead of 2006 where he started all 16 games AND carried the rock more times then anyone else.

Betts will be 29 years old. He isn't going to generate much interest as trade bait unless it is to Al Saunders in St. Louis, who seemed to love the guy.

Teams can get a Travis Henry type 1,000 yard back in free agency, so why trade for Betts?

While 29 might not be an issue for a quarterback or defensive linemen it is DOG YEARS for a running back.

Betts and Jansen were two questionable moves to 'keep the core intact' here.

It would have made a lot more sense to let these guys go and to have kept defensive starters Smoot and Antonio Pierce after the 2004 season.

That would have meant we could have used that #9 overall pick on a position other than cornerback in 2005 and could have used the money from the London Fletcher signing on a younger RT or WR.

How does it make any sense to get rid of your #2 back who has a very low cap number for a person of his talent? Im pretty sure it would cost us more to get a quality backup to Portis(and you absolutely need a quality backup RB in the NFL) then to keep Betts.

A football team isnt 22 starters. Its 22 starters and 31 backups who most likely will have to play at some point.

Betts is a poor match with Portis.

Unlike the Jacobs/Bradshaw combo in NY, these guys don't complement each other.

Betts is a guy that has to get 15 carries to be effective, he is not a guy that can come in and add production to the offense off the bench.

Betts is also a very poor pass protector, a skill which you would have thought he could have learned better over the past 6 plus years :)

The Redskins need to find a younger backup RB that can come in as a true second option to pair with #26, a player with enough speed and elusiveness to keep defenses honest.

Archived