Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Despite Dan, Darrell not Diminished

Norvitis

hmmm...mods and rockers.....which should DG chose to be? how WHOvian of you?!!!

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

No, no!

Meet the new boss.

Same as the old boss.

;)

It was a sad sight: Darrell Green, great player, great man, great humanitarian, rightfully basking in the glory of his selection to the Hall of Fame, while the despicable Daniel Snyder uses the moment for his own self-aggrandizement. Snyder never was more than a few feet away from Green, beaming like a proud papa as if he had drafted Green, coached him and led him to the airy heights of football immortality. It was a sickening display.

Nevertheless, the 5-8 Green towered over Snyder in every possible way, his gravitas and dignity undiminished by Daniel the Dwarf.

:doh: :doh: :doh: For someone who is suppose to be older and wiser sound like not wiser at all. Thanks for giving us younger people some hope into the later stages of our lives. :doh:

It was a sad sight: Darrell Green, great player, great man, great humanitarian, rightfully basking in the glory of his selection to the Hall of Fame, while the despicable Daniel Snyder uses the moment for his own self-aggrandizement. Snyder never was more than a few feet away from Green, beaming like a proud papa as if he had drafted Green, coached him and led him to the airy heights of football immortality. It was a sickening display.

Nevertheless, the 5-8 Green towered over Snyder in every possible way, his gravitas and dignity undiminished by Daniel the Dwarf.

You completely missed everything that actually took place in that interview.

Snyder is a fan and was LONG before he bought this team, and he was thrilled for Darrell Green AND Art Monk, just like we all are. Reading more into it than that is just foolish.

Sounds like someone is harboring his hatred for the man on other...just because you don't like Snyder doesn't mean Green doesn't. if you have read Green's blogs, or have heard him speak of Dan, he always speaks of Dan in high regard...your post was more of a sickening display

In defense of the OP, there were quite a few people who believe D. Green got screwed over a little when Snyder decided to bring in Deion before the 2000 season. Granted, you can say Norv and the defensive staff were the ones who decided to make Darrell the #3 behind Bailey and Sanders, but do you think Dan was going to tolerate Deion not being out there after paying him that big signing bonus?

Please. :rolleyes:

Right around that same time, Snyder gave Green a 5yr./$10million contract.

Yeah, he was pushing Green out the door. :laugh:

Seriously, people need to lay off of Snyder. Sure, he's had some bad moments, but he is trying his heart out to deliver a championship.

Dude, the guy from the city paper is on point with his red zone analysis. Dan's interest are money first. He's gotta keep his shareholders happy. I.e. Cerrato and Swanson. deal with the fact that the skins will suck because six flags sucks.

ok i dont get why everyone is hatin' dan... cause he doesn't make choices you think he should... he's the owner.. not you...and not me... i want things that he doesn't do as well... that i wish he would... but he's the owner.... we have no say... its sucks.. i know

Dan Snyder is a fan of the Washington Redskins. He didn't buy A team to get into the sports business. He bought THE TEAM he has always loved. He is as star struck by Darrell Green as any of us would be. Except he actually has the opportunity to call him up and talk with him.

Archived