Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Today is the 2 month anniversary of Sean Taylor's death

RIPSean

Hello,

I know my Redskin history. I don't have to have been alive to appreciate the past and what this team was about. I don't have to be alive to hear of all the stories and dominance and history behind this team. I didn't have to be alive to know that we've stunk in the past pretty bad too, some of those teams had Sonny on them too.

Things are cyclical. We weren't always awesome with George Preston Marshall or Jack Kent Cooke either. And they both made some real questionable moves as well.

But that has nothing to do with having class. Wishing a man dead is classless, I don't care what you were alive for.

Knowing your Redskins history and actually living through it are 2 different things. That being said of course i don't actually wish the man dead.

Well if you were old enough to remember the glory years, you too would know the frustration and utter shame to watch this man run this storied franchise into the ground.
i agree with the last part but age shouldnt take a factor in knowing the glory days besides you can go wikipedia the redskins and learn about the glory days and dream as to what it would have been like when they had the superbowl wins

Knowing your Redskins history and actually living through it are 2 different things. That being said of course i don't actually wish the man dead.

True to a certain extent. However, one thing I can say with 100 percent certainty is that Kdawg has his feet more firmly planted on the ground about the Redskins than some of those who actually lived through those glory years.

God dammit ... I feel awful right now.

Sean, I miss you so much. Your death was son unfair that I still can't believe it actually happened to you. You were such a brave person who did everything with a lot of passion and you encouraged me to change some things in my life. I wish the best to your family (who did not deserve this by any means) and to all your friends (who were a big part of your life).

I will never forget that FG recovery and the run-back against Dallas in 2006 in my first game at FedEx Field. It was probably the greatest moment for me as a Redskins fan.

You were one of the best to ever put on a Redskins jersey and you should be extremely happy because your life-style after Jackie was born has helped a lot of people (including me) change their way towards life.

I will never forget you.

Two months ago the overwhelming majority on this board were saying they had been reminded that this is "just a game" and that Sean Taylor's murder reminded them of the reality of Life and death.

Now, two months later, the overwhelming majority on this board are treating the process of hiring the next HC as if it were Life and death...with one idiot on this thread wishing it actually were.

I really don't get this place sometimes... :(

You're always in our thoughts, Sean...R.I.P. :point2sky

For one of my favorite Redskins to die on my birthday was one of the saddest things ever for me.

I remember on Nov.26 one of my friends sent me a text message saying Taylor had been shot. I couldn't believe it. Then when I opened up the site, I started to believe that this nightmare was coming true. The whole day I kept track of how Sean's condition was and I just got this bad feeling that this was the end for him. I don't know why, but sometimes you just have this little feeling that tells you something.

The next day, on Nov.27, I walked downstairs to eat before leaving for school. The first thing my mom told me after wishing me a happy birthday was, "Honey, Seans gone". It struck me so hard and right then I knew from now on, whenever it's my birthday, I'm gonna remember that on the same day the beloved Sean Taylor died. It was simply one of the worst days of 2007 for me.

RIP Sean, you will never be forgotten..

No disrespect, but I'm not trying to keep track of Sean Taylors death every month. I still havent gotten over it. Make a thread when the one year anniversary arrives.

R.I.P Sean Taylor, 21 Forever.........

I agree...while I understand the message but doing this every month only makes it worse for some of us trying to get over it. I think doing a one year anniversary thread would be more appropriate.

That day will always be the darkest day int he franchises history. Not Fassel being hired, or Rocket Screen, or whatever.

I know we love this game very much, but nothing on this Earth deserves what happened to Sean, and people need to get their priorities straight. Dont compare Seans death to what is going on now, put these two events in contents.

Archived