Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort will be on ESPN Radio in a couple minutes to give the update about the Skins

voicekiller

I think we should be alot more positive....

1) I'm fairly confident we'll put an emphasis on a pass rush from the d-line.

2) we'll get the big receiver

3) game management and clock management should greatly improve.

4) I truly believe we have alot of talent....some players will be pissed off, but they'll get over it when snyder shows them the money.

I disagree. Remember the ice cream incident with Mike Nolan, and the plasma TV comment with Lav Coles. Snyder is a pretty vindictive guy. I think he sees turning Williams into a villain as his only way out of this mess. Problem is, doing so is going to piss off all the players who love Williams.

I have a really, really bad feeling about the direction all of this is headed.

Maybe he needs to remail him the vanilla ice cream in San fran because nolan is stinking up the joint.

Cooke was just as bad throwing a book at gibbs saying read this your offense is to predictable

Debartolo was the same way from reports after a loss he would berate his coach

4) I truly believe we have alot of talent....some players will be pissed off, but they'll get over it when snyder shows them the money.

true, but its about the way that snyder is going about it...

he knows EVERYONE wants gwill to be the hc, and there is no doubt he will do a great job.... but then he turns the whole organization inside out and hires a new offensive coordinator and lets saunders go....now the offense will have to learn a new scheme again... and what about the defense....

its not all about the money, and snyder can't see that

I just hope we don't uproot the whole team. That's my problem with a new guy coming in. I didn't like Saunders coming in here from the get go. This was a JG team. With that huge playbook we finally saw a little bit of it torwadrs the end of it. You get a new OC in here and they can change everything up. We don't need that right now. We just need to improve on cerain areas like, OL, WR Core, DB

I think Snyder is also hurting the Gibbs II era with all of this crap. Obviously he wasnt happy with what Gibbs was able to pull together or he wouldnt be so quick to tear it apart.

That, to me, is one of the saddest things about this whole mess. I can only hope it turns out not to be accurate, but unfortunately it appears to be (and moreso each day). He is unwinding 4 years of what I thought was overall progress (though not without a few bumps). Ahhhhh, yet another "start over" for this organization. Its been nearly a decade of this crap now.

who gives a **** about all of this anymore give me a ****ing head coach and lets play some ****ing football

Exactly...:cheers:

Somebody please enlighten me...How exactly is the Danny smearing GW?

Why is GW a saint all of a sudden? Just last year everybody wanted him gone...Now the franchise is going down the ****ter b/c he isn't the next HC? :rolleyes: Why is he so qualified to be the HC?

I think that someone outside of the skins is starting all this mess.

I dont think that snyder would smear Gwilliams and I dont think willaims would say that about gibbs.

I think that the media is mad because snyder is not saying anything.

Oh just stop it! You scared danny's gonna take your seats from you? Go ahead and keep supporting that little pathetic loser. Maybe 10 more years of mediocrity and chaos will finally open your eyes. You all deserve it.

Funny, but pretty much damn near everyone on this site applauded both moves by Snyder when they first heard about them lol...Hardly a post talking about Nolan could be read without 12 people immediately making ice cream jokes, putting in several laughing emoticons, etc, etc...and as for Cole, sheesh...there were STILL numerous "Send him a flat screen TV!" comments years after he left. Seemed like everytime Coles had a bad game, you'd find post after post suggesting "The Toe" should have just taken the flat screen and shut up lol...

Now, though, Snyder's alleged comments aren't worthy of applauding anymore, apparently...now they're a sign of a vindictive, smear-mongering, mud-throwing little brat who we all just KNOW spread the false rumors about GW solely to get back into our good graces.

Fickle fans of the world, unite!!

Fool us once, shame on you.

Fool us twice...yeah I know how its supposed to go but we're homer Redskin fans so bear with us.

Fool us thrice...ok, we might be homer Redskin fans, but even we are starting to get the picture here. Snyder really is a vindictive, smear-mongering, mud-throwing little brat.

Danny must think we're stupid. He comes up with this "Williams dissed Gibbs" garbage as an excuse to remove Gregg from HC consideration and then expects us to buy into it and side with him.

The biggest problem is that it is being leaked to the media on purpose so Danny doesn't actually have to give an interview or talk directly to the press.

Danny, we understand you hate speaking to the media but there is NO WAY you can come out of this smelling like a rose unless you grow a pair and tell your side so the fans can hear it directly from your mouth. If you don't want Gregg then fine, JUST SAY SO! Quit jerking us around with this mystery candidate crap. Quit sending Gibbs to do your dirty work. BE A LEADER!!!!

Yes, we will get some great players, at the cost of a team.

This isn't the first time we've seen a Snyder smear campaign. We saw it with Coles and then again with Lavar. At first you're more likely to give the owner the benefit of the doubt over the player seeing as how you would think he'd be the more mature and credible of the two. But at this point, Snyder has long lost any benefit of the doubt from Skins fans.

Dont speak for me, or anyone else but yourself.

I dont do consipracy theory's. I like Williams but I can also see how the reacts to people. He is not a sociable person.

Williams blowing up on snyder and/or gibbs is more believable due to his personality than some conspiracy theory of which you have no proof whatsoever.

And stop moaning about Lavar. Lavar created his drama by himself, Wake the **** up.

Same thing with Coles. Coles ****ed and whined and got himself traded. Then he turned around up in new york and whined some more.

Boy, you guys swallow up those crocodile tears. How do you spell gullible ?

The bottom line is, If you own a billion dollar business, and you do not wish to employ someone to run it, then that is his right.

Dont speak for me, or anyone else but yourself.

I dont do consipracy theory's. I like Williams but I can also see how the reacts to people. He is not a sociable person.

Williams blowing up on snyder and/or gibbs is more believable due to his personality than some conspiracy theory of which you have no proof whatsoever.

And stop moaning about Lavar. Lavar created his drama by himself, Wake the **** up.

Same thing with Coles. Coles ****ed and whined and got himself traded. Then he turned around up in new york and whined some more.

Boy, you guys swallow up those crocodile tears. How do you spell gullible ?

The bottom line is, If you own a billion dollar business, and you do not wish to employ someone to run it, then that is his right.

wow, youre pretty ****y.

LaVar created the drama himself with the money huh? how is that possible when it was handled by danny and his agent. LaVar even gave money back just to get away from all of this drama. So YOU need to stop bashing there.

Coles did ***** and whine and got himself traded, but the flat screen TV wasnt really that cool.

Sounds like you need to get off your soapbox and STOP preaching to this board.

And he wasnt speaking for you, you arent that special to anyone. He was using the term in a general sense.

So you think that GW blew up on Gibbs even though Gibbs is one of the nicest and best human beings ever? "Gibbs is a better man then football coach" sound like a bash to you? Considering we all know JB is in the HOF and has 3 rings!! Thats one of the best compliments you can get.

wow, youre pretty ****y.

LaVar created the drama himself with the money huh? how is that possible when it was handled by danny and his agent. LaVar even gave money back just to get away from all of this drama. So YOU need to stop bashing there.

Coles did ***** and whine and got himself traded, but the flat screen TV wasnt really that cool.

Sounds like you need to get off your soapbox and STOP preaching to this board.

And he wasnt speaking for you, you arent that special to anyone. He was using the term in a general sense.

So you think that GW blew up on Gibbs even though Gibbs is one of the nicest and best human beings ever? "Gibbs is a better man then football coach" sound like a bash to you? Considering we all know JB is in the HOF and has 3 rings!! Thats one of the best compliments you can get.

And its time you just woke up.

You are fake. Point blank.

Go jump off the ledge with the rest of the lemmings

As mentioned in another thread, the rumor now (according to WTOP) is that the disrespect was not telling Gibbs about the 10-man tribute to Sean Taylor in the Buffalo game and a possible subsequent argument with Snyder over the matter. Who the heck knows at this point. :rolleyes:

This is what I believe. I don't think he would badmouth Gibbs.

Also, it seems like he and Saunders butted heads in regards to the offense. That's the only explanation that makes a tiny bit of sense. Maybe it will be a good thing to get a young group of coaches in here. I'll still be a fan either way, but man it would be nice for this little soap opera to end.

did anybody read the article from mortensen? I mean they are saying there was no tenchion in the three meetings between danny cerrato and williams, so why is GW no long considered a canditate for the job???

This is so much bull****!! danny is really getting worse by the hour!!! I can't stand this guy anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did the 10 men on the field hurt williams chances?...absolutely...that's a sign of disrespect towards authority...when it happened I thought to myself that williams just hurt his chances of being the coach.....think about it..if he was arrogant enough to do that as a coordinator, what would he do as a coach?...I could definitely see confrontations on personnel between gregg and the front office.

I remember Gibbs referring to the defense as "that side of the ball" and that he pretty much left the defense to GW and didn't interfere. Am I wrong about JG's involvement (or lack of) in the Defense? (I'm not being argumentative, I'm curious to find out other posters' thoughts on this who have better insight than me)

GW definitely made a mistake by not alerting Gibbs to the 10 man formation ahead of time. I think, in Gibbs' eyes, that brought GW down a notch.

I think the Special Kids are driving the "short" bus again.

totally agree with:

jimbo:

Danny must think we're stupid. He comes up with this "Williams dissed Gibbs" garbage as an excuse to remove Gregg from HC consideration and then expects us to buy into it and side with him.

The biggest problem is that it is being leaked to the media on purpose so Danny doesn't actually have to give an interview or talk directly to the press.

Danny, we understand you hate speaking to the media but there is NO WAY you can come out of this smelling like a rose unless you grow a pair and tell your side so the fans can hear it directly from your mouth. If you don't want Gregg then fine, JUST SAY SO! Quit jerking us around with this mystery candidate crap. Quit sending Gibbs to do your dirty work. BE A LEADER!!!!

There has to be more to it then this. Here is a coach (Williams) that did runs some very good Defenses. Now last year the D wasn't that good, 31st in the league. Did Snyder just take notes durning these time that williams let Ryan Clark, Antonio Pierce go. There has to be more to this, Williams seems to be a good coach, in front media he says all the right things, but something must have happen behind closed door. Why isn't Snyder seeing the Williams all of us are seeing. I for one feel snyder would have hired williams, but something had to happen durning the interview process or during the 4 years. Why isn't other teams beating down the redskins door to get to Williams, Maybe we think we know all about Williams but we don't. So as a fan all i can do is set back wait and see what happen and support the next coach, who ever that is.

Anyone ever played the game of telephone when you were in elementary school? I get the feeling a lot of that is going on.

You all are quick to jump on every little thing you hear. So far it's he said she said, and that doesn't hold up in a court of law.

To bring up the incidents with Coles, Nolan and Lavar is completely irrelevant. When Snyder told Coles that he'd give him a flat screen tv and let him watch the games, that's because Coles was whining about every little thing while he was still a member of the team. Snyder was pretty much saying, "You either work with the team, or you don't.". That's not a smear, a smear would be Snyder not allowing Coles to play and then saying that the reason Coles isn't playing is because he'd rather stay home and watch the games.

You guys are taking completely different situations and morphing them so that it makes the idea of Dan putting out a smear campaign on Williams seem reasonable. So far, short of Williams, the only people we've heard from is the media and Williams said that the process wasn't negative at all. But who knows? You all seem so ready to bite down on your cyanide pill and it's not even February yet. We don't know the truth from a lie right now, and seem so determined to figure out what's going on that we'll believe anything that is said to help us piece together some sort of reasoning in our minds as to why all of this is happening.

Calm down people. We've seen plenty of rumors from the media, we've heard plent of rumors from all of these "inside sources", that end up being incorrect. I hope that I never get into any trouble where I have to go on trial, because if I have any of you on my jury every little thing that's said will easily sway your decisions, fact or fiction.

Archived