Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort will be on ESPN Radio in a couple minutes to give the update about the Skins

voicekiller

I disagree. Remember the ice cream incident with Mike Nolan, and the plasma TV comment with Lav Coles. Snyder is a pretty vindictive guy. I think he sees turning Williams into a villain as his only way out of this mess. Problem is, doing so is going to piss off all the players who love Williams.

I have a really, really bad feeling about the direction all of this is headed.

I hope not brother. That would be some ****ed up **** if that was the case.

Someone from the skins needs to have a press confrence and get this straight.

I'm in a state of shock. I was all for finding the right man for the job,but this is going to far.

This is some high school ****.

let me start off by saying I'm a big snyder supporter.

can I see a smear campaign against williams?...yes

do I think williams directly criticized gibbs?...no

do I think williams could have indirectly criticized gibbs?...yes

did the 10 men on the field hurt williams chances?...absolutely...that's a sign of disrespect towards authority...when it happened I thought to myself that williams just hurt his chances of being the coach.....think about it..if he was arrogant enough to do that as a coordinator, what would he do as a coach?...I could definitely see confrontations on personnel between gregg and the front office.

I hope not brother. That would be some ****ed up **** if that was the case.

Someone from the skins needs to have a press confrence and get this straight.

I'm in a state of shock. I was all for finding the right man for the job,but this is going to far.

This is some high school ****.

Let's all hope it's just the media (ESPN, Washington Post, etc.) who are the ones doing the high school crap. I don't want to admit that it's the Redskins doing it.

This may get real ugly............i can only imagine the media at the presser when the new coach (other than Williams) is introduced. There will be a formal interrogation of Snyder by the media. Might be protests outside by fans too.

May get? It's already there my friend. :(

I disagree. Remember the ice cream incident with Mike Nolan, and the plasma TV comment with Lav Coles. Snyder is a pretty vindictive guy. I think he sees turning Williams into a villain as his only way out of this mess. Problem is, doing so is going to piss off all the players who love Williams.

I have a really, really bad feeling about the direction all of this is headed.

Funny, but pretty much damn near everyone on this site applauded both moves by Snyder when they first heard about them lol...Hardly a post talking about Nolan could be read without 12 people immediately making ice cream jokes, putting in several laughing emoticons, etc, etc...and as for Cole, sheesh...there were STILL numerous "Send him a flat screen TV!" comments years after he left. Seemed like everytime Coles had a bad game, you'd find post after post suggesting "The Toe" should have just taken the flat screen and shut up lol...

Now, though, Snyder's alleged comments aren't worthy of applauding anymore, apparently...now they're a sign of a vindictive, smear-mongering, mud-throwing little brat who we all just KNOW spread the false rumors about GW solely to get back into our good graces.

Fickle fans of the world, unite!!

Let's all hope it's just the media (ESPN, Washington Post, etc.) who are the ones doing the high school crap. I don't want to admit that it's the Redskins doing it.
I'm thinking about that too.

Why would danny smear Gwill? why would Gwill smear gibbs?

Isaid it earlier. Someone who does not like the skins is doing this.

I think that someone outside of the skins is starting all this mess.

I dont think that snyder would smear Gwilliams and I dont think willaims would say that about gibbs.

I think that the media is mad because snyder is not saying anything.

That is a possibility I guess. The philosophy of "if there's no news let's make some up." I can believe that. I can also believe Snyder & Cerrato smearing GW to keep the fans from revolting. Who knows? I can say that I truly do passionately dislike Snyder & Cerrato.

I'm thinking about that too.

Why would danny smear Gwill? why would Gwill smear gibbs?

I said it earlier. Someone who does not like the skins is doing this.

To cover his ars for not hiring him. He knows the fans for the most part want him. Snyder is a spoiled, rich baby who unfortunately for us owns our beloved franchise.

This isn't the first time we've seen a Snyder smear campaign. We saw it with Coles and then again with Lavar. At first you're more likely to give the owner the benefit of the doubt over the player seeing as how you would think he'd be the more mature and credible of the two. But at this point, Snyder has long lost any benefit of the doubt from Skins fans.

You got that right!

did the 10 men on the field hurt williams chances?...absolutely...that's a sign of disrespect towards authority...when it happened I thought to myself that williams just hurt his chances of being the coach.....think about it..if he was arrogant enough to do that as a coordinator, what would he do as a coach?...I could definitely see confrontations on personnel between gregg and the front office.

I guess he cared more about honoring Shawns memory than hurting the coaches or Synders feelings

You know I'm listening to Redskins Radio right now, ESPN keeps using this league SOURCE this inside SOURCE that, no names of course. But the DC of the team say's he's heard nothing of the kind from the FO. serious spin.

Unfortunately, we also found out that the FO and management never kept the rest of the coaching staff informed during the process. This whole thing seems to have been handled wrong, and the media just makes it worse.

Everyone was reporting how Fassel's signing was imminent, and then that turned out to be false. Now, Fassel isn't even considered, as he's been 'used'. Then, Zorn was reported to be signed to a new deal by Seattle, blocking any move to the Skins, now it turns out he's our new offensive coordinator. Who knows anymore??? :whoknows:

None of us will ever know what really went on with GW and Snyder and the only thing we have to go by is he said she said propaganda so I'll just sit back and observe the circus that is our franchise

I wish Gibbs wasn't always so pollitically correct and would write a book and just tell us as it was these past 4 years and the weeks after he resigned.

ldid the 10 men on the field hurt williams chances?...absolutely...that's a sign of disrespect towards authority...when it happened I thought to myself that williams just hurt his chances of being the coach.....think about it..if he was arrogant enough to do that as a coordinator, what would he do as a coach?...I could definitely see confrontations on personnel between gregg and the front office.

Williams did that to honor his most beloved player - NOT because he was power hungry - besides - ALL OF US fans knew ahead of time he was going to do the 10 men on the field, if Gibbs didn't know it, it was his senility - if Snyder or Cerrato didn't know it, they're lying.....and making up excuses to smear Williams

I completely disagree with you on that 10 men hurt his chances...it was one play to tribute a great person...

Williams did that to honor his most beloved player - NOT because he was power hungry - besides - ALL OF US fans knew ahead of time he was going to do the 10 men on the field, if Gibbs didn't know it, it was his senility - if Snyder or Cerrato didn't know it, they're lying.....and making up excuses to smear Williams

again, it's not about the act itself...we all agree it was a great tribute.

Archived