Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins To Extend Search --Fassell feels "Used" M.E.T.(merged)

richhilljr

I hope we can get Spags or Ryan as our DC and McDaniels as our HC and Al stays on, Al deserves a second chance under a more flexible coach.

I'm pretty sure IF we hire McDaniels we won't keep Al. At this point it seems as though the only thing that is for certain is that Al is losing his job.

I just wonder hw much credibility the press and JLC in particular has anymore ... yesterday PFT speculate that Jacksonville have a vacent DC spot and would probably love to get someone like Williams and then all of a sudden it is almost a done deal ...hmm

Wow. If this article by JLC is to be believed (which is increasingly a problem for me with him), then this is becoming a very, very bad situation. I'm normally a positive, glass half full kind of person but ...

Snyderatto's chess game is becoming increasingly dangerous. The two of them are now being viewed throughout the league as bumbling fools.

Even a large pocketbook is becoming less and less attractive to any quality available personnel, as they consider what taking that large paycheck might really entail. It appears that only Fassel, so far, was desperate enough to take the bait.

And it seems to me that we are running out of time and options. Other teams are locking down all their desireable people and silently laughing at Team Snyder while they do it.

Couple all of that with the fact that day by day they are alienating thier current staff and players.

Who even knows if they were to offer GW the job at this point if he even would want to take it after being made to look as some kind of Plan B or last choice? It certainly wouldn't be like taking a well deserved promotion and feeling as though you had the confidence and backing from your boss.

Good lord what a mess this appears to be for our franchise. :doh:

I hope there is a miraculous turn of events on the horizon, but things feel pretty bleak to me today. Someone say something to make me feel better ... please. :(

I don't have a problem with what's going on, just the way Snyder is handling it. Unfortunately this happened back in 2000 as well and thus one can say that Snyder has not "grown" as an owner (or a man) since.

In 2000, firing Norv was the right move and firing him after the Giants game was okay in my book too (Norv's team was in freefall). However it was the way Snyder handled the firing and the way he left Norv hanging there at FedEx that day and night is what made the whole thing so bad.

Now here we are again. I have no problem with not hiring Williams and going out and trying to find the best man possible to lead the Redskins into the next decade (but Fassel Danny? Really?), but not talking to anybody and doing all this stuff in secret? Bush league.

Between Norv, Marty and now this jerking around of the interviewees I can't imagine how we can get a viable candidate to come here without throwing them a ton of money. Even then, I don't think that'll be enough to lure guys who are up and coming and looking long term, may not feel the money is worth the risk of damaging their coaching future (Spags, McDaniels) by coming here and dealing with Snyderatto.

Sigh :(

How freaking hard is it to own a damn football team. Hire a competent GM and get out of his way. Rake in the cash. Sit up in the box and enjoy the winning. Is this so freaking hard to comprehend?

I hope there is a miraculous turn of events on the horizon, but things feel pretty bleak to me today. Someone say something to make me feel better ... please. :(

I'll do my best.

Look, Williams isn't getting the job. After this is over, the Redskins will have a new head coach, and new offensive and defensive coordinators. We won't have to worry about Williams turning down the job if he is offered it, because that isn't happening. He has always been a talented co-ordinator with people skills problems, and that appears to still be the case today, even after 4 years learning from Gibbs.

Now, I see how this could be viewed as a disasterous step backwards. But let's face the facts here - there is going to have to be some considerable rebuilding of this team before they can contend for a championship. The offensive and defensive lines are too old. And by the time they are rebuilt, several other faces will also have to have changed. This team needs to start planning for the 2010 season. If they do, and they do it right, they should be in good shape.

So continuity, to me, is not the key issue. The key issue is going out and getting the RIGHT guy, and that means taking your time if you must.

Looking at this article, it is also fairly clear to me that the Redskins real target at this point is on the coaching staff of either the Patriots (McDaniels) or the Giants (Spagnuolo). That's the only way any of this makes sense. Why else would Snyder specifically be telling people that the search wasn't going to be finished until after the Super Bowl?

And when you look at what those two coaches have accomplished, you would have to be encouraged should either of them land here. Both are relatively young, and lead dynamic units marked by fundamentally solid line play. I'd say each of them has a bright future ahead of them, and I'd love it if that future came in Washington.

Fassel feels "used?" He should try being a season-ticket holder at FedEx who has to put up with an obnoxious game-day experience and a shoddy product on the field. Now THAT's used!

Any disgruntled season ticket holders wanting to give up their tickets you can always call me. :silly:

All of this chaos is no ones fault but Joe Gibbs ....

had he at least hinted a lil more openly that he was thinking about bolting

maybe snyder & co could have started this a lil earlier behind the scenes

Please. The Colts didn't find out until four days ago whether their coach would be coming back. Had Dungy chosen to retire, the Colts wouldn't be thrust into chaos as we seem to be. They would have simply promoted Caldwell, and we should have simply promoted Williams.

I'll do my best.

Looking at this article, it is also fairly clear to me that the Redskins real target at this point is on the coaching staff of either the Patriots (McDaniels) or the Giants (Spagnuolo). That's the only way any of this makes sense. Why else would Snyder specifically be telling people that the search wasn't going to be finished until after the Super Bowl?

And when you look at what those two coaches have accomplished, you would have to be encouraged should either of them land here. Both are relatively young, and lead dynamic units marked by fundamentally solid line play. I'd say each of them has a bright future ahead of them, and I'd love it if that future came in Washington.

Thanks for trying to help me out. :)

I think one reason though that those two look like our main prospects now is due to the bumbling along the way ... one of my points was our options appear to be diminishing.

Having said that, could I get excited about Spagnuolo or McDaniels? Sure, but ...

If I'm not mistaken, McDaniels has already come out and said that he has no desire to be interviewed for a HC position right now ... not sure where I saw that but I know it was around the beginning of January.

Secondly, what OC couldn't succeed with the roster he has had to work with? Can he bring that offense here with him? :D

Spagnuolo is certainly a viable option ... given Fassel looked to be a certain hire two days ago, I'd be happy if he was on the radar as an alternative to NobodyElseWantsMe Fassel.

I dunno. Just feels like our FO is at least being perceived as having no clue what they are doing. And from where I sit today, I'm not so sure that perception isn't an accurate one. :(

"Zorn spent Wednesday at Snyder's home explaining how he would reconfigure the offense and work with young quarterback Jason Campbell, and a multiyear deal was discussed, league sources said. But Zorn flew back to Seattle to meet with team officials without agreeing to a contract, and the Seahawks have a strong interest in retaining his services, league sources said."

I would have loved to hear what his ideas on JC and our offense were

Me too. I 'll take the play caller from New England though. Do it Dan. Do it.

:helmet:

wat dose it matter who we get as a coach i dought its going to be williams cuz snyder dont like him so if he dont become the coach hes going to be gone the only reason he was staying there cuz gibs was covering for him and wanted him to stay but now gibs is gone williams is probally going to be gone

Do they have English classes at your school?

;)

wat dose it matter who we get as a coach i dought its going to be williams cuz snyder dont like him so if he dont become the coach hes going to be gone the only reason he was staying there cuz gibs was covering for him and wanted him to stay but now gibs is gone williams is probally going to be gone
Punctuation, grammar, and spelling are your friends. You should hang out with them sometime.

USED! He should feel grateful that he is being considered for any job after his stint with the Ravens

I concur. I'm not sure how any team could even consider him as a serious candidate for a HC job after his stint with the Ravens. Unfortunately' date=' this further illustrates that our organization is being run by clowns. I've said many times in the past that Washington currently has a losing culture. This type of dysfunction by the leadership can't help but trickle down to the players.[/color']

I would not have thought in 1M year's that we would still be reeling so many years post JKC's death. I don't think we truly knew how fortunate we were to have him as our owner for so many years.

Archived