Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins To Extend Search --Fassell feels "Used" M.E.T.(merged)

richhilljr

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/24/AR2008012403212.html

Redskins To Extend Search For Coach

Source: Fassel Feels Manipulated by Process

By Jason La Canfora and Jason Reid

Washington Post Staff Writers

Friday, January 25, 2008; Page E01

Former Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs called his former assistants yesterday to inform them that the search for his replacement is likely to take several more weeks, team sources said, a day after management's attempts to put together a staff for Jim Fassel, a head coaching candidate, collapsed.

Fassel had anticipated an offer from the Redskins on Wednesday, according to a source close to him, and earlier in the week discussed the framework of a contract with owner Daniel Snyder, something no other candidate has done.

Please end the madness...and that is directed at the media.

Forum Rule #10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site. Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our copyright statement:

Thanks for clarifying the rules and cleaning up my thread...I promise to do better next time.

Let's hope Fassel spilling his guts to the WP (look at all the "source close to Fassel" quotes) will annoy Danny enough to lose him the job.

I also wonder if they were interviewing the coordinators to check up on Fassel's recommendations to see how good he was, and he clearly was not up-to-date about coaching personnel around the league?

Anyway, it sounds like his stock is dropping fast! Whining to the press about "being used" doesn't sound like someone who thinks he's going to be hired.

Meanwhile, Snyder has not spoken to Williams, leader of his defense the past four seasons, in a week, league sources said, and Williams believes he is no longer a serious candidate.

The Redskins have told other parties that Williams remains a possibility as a head coach, but sources with ties to Williams said he might turn down an offer.

Washington's staff has been dismayed by the way this search has unfolded, with many members venting to their peers this week during Senior Bowl practices in Mobile, Ala. Players continue to lobby for Williams, though several said they believe he would have been hired by now if Snyder and Cerrato truly wanted him. Many were shocked by Fassel's emergence.

This makes me so mad.

wat dose it matter who we get as a coach i dought its going to be williams cuz snyder dont like him so if he dont become the coach hes going to be gone the only reason he was staying there cuz gibs was covering for him and wanted him to stay but now gibs is gone williams is probally going to be gone

wat dose it matter who we get as a coach i dought its going to be williams cuz snyder dont like him so if he dont become the coach hes going to be gone the only reason he was staying there cuz gibs was covering for him and wanted him to stay but now gibs is gone williams is probally going to be gone

jeeze do they even teach spelling or english at your school? :laugh:

In a small way I feel for Fassel the way Snyder has jerked him around. I don't have a problem with Fassel the man, but I just don't want him as my HC.

At this point we might as well wait and interview Spags and McDaniels.

I feel worse for GW.. you have a man that has done so much for this team for the past 4 seasons. After the 05 season he denies request for other HC jobs to stay here. He takes the blazing heat for the historical horrendous 2006 season only to bolster the defense back to a top 10 unit in 07. Then he loses his best player on defense to a knee injury and then loses him permenantly to a fatal gun shot womb. Yet, he is still able to motivate his unit to finish the season strong (see:Cowboy 1 yard rushing :) )... With all of that, you would think he would get some consideration provided that Danny wants "continuity". Oh well so much for that.

Archived