Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins To Extend Search --Fassell feels "Used" M.E.T.(merged)

richhilljr

From Snyder's selfish POV, "betraying him." So Danny Boy hangs out Gibbs's asst's to dry and blows up everything he built...unless Danny can pout long enough for Gibbs to return out of guilt.

In most cases I would say that you're reading too much into this situation....however with this owner and the way he has conducted business...I don't think you're too far out of line on this one.

What a mess, that is all I can say. If it is not going to be Gregg Williams I sure hope Mr. Snyder just makes Bill Cowher the highest paid coach in NFL history, I just don't know what else to say. If I was Gregg Williams I would tell the Redskins to go to hell, it is down right embarrassing.

I'm sure the only thing keeping Gregg from walking out and publicly calling Danny out is the fact that if he can simply keep his mouth shut for a few more days, Danny will PAY him to leave by firing him. I cannot wait to hear Greggs rubuttal once it all goes down.

Fukk you Dan Snyder.

Good for you Gregg. Given Williams' ego, I read this to mean even if Snyder begs he'd probably turn him down.

As he should. Williams would have no problem finding work elsewhere. As much as I would like to see GW as HC, I really hope he tells DannnyVinnie to go F themselves.

I think it is safe to say that no one that has interviewed will get the job. How could they?? GW and Fassel are out for sure IMO.....

What a freakin mess, I am thinking what others have said as well, it has to be someone that is still playing. I wouldnt be upset with either of the hires, especially not Daniels. I would still be upset with the entire way it was handled. We are going to have a whole new coaching staff no matter what.

What happens if Spags and Mcdaniels stay with their teams? We are gonna get the scraps and prolly be doing this all over again next year. YAY! Way to f*** things up. Hire GW since he has deserved it. The skins going after these HOT coaches who have done good for 1 year.

The most disturbing thing of all is the complete lack of consideration for the current players and coaches, particularly after everything they went through last year.

Assuming the article is somewhat accurate (big assumption, I know), it's comical that Spags' and Fassel's experience in the NFC East is such a prime consideration, considering our own GW has spent the last four years coaching in that very same division.

I couldn't agree with you more. They want them because of their experience in the NFC East. That is laughable and embarrassing to read! It just keeps getting worse. Fassel has been gone for several years now. Guess what? Williams has not only been coaching a team in the NFC East but he is also extremely familiar with the personnel with the Redskins. What a joke!:mad:

I wouldn't blame GW one bit if he took the Jacksonville DC job. He doesn't deserve the disrespect he's getting here and after reading the entire article, so much for the continuity. I guess he meant continuity in the front office because Snyder plans on going into a completely different direction with this team. What an idiot.

God, I was just thinking, we are going to be stuck with Danny as our owner forever! Now I'm depressed.

Ok, so look, at the end of this mess, when he can't get either of his bright shiny SuperBowl toys to come be HC. Then, maybe, he'll turn to a True Redskin like Russ Grimm. Let's hope he doesn't interview Russ until he realizes that Russ is actually someone that could rally the team and the fan-base, and was the first of Joe's players that he hired on as a coach. Snyderatto would just screw this up by interviewing him before they realize just how good for this franchise he would be.

Has anyone called a press conference? Has Fassel officially spoke to the media about the facts? Pure speculation. Like my friend used to always say: before you say anything you don't know, make sure you get your lies straight. Apparently the media can't even accomplish that.

Fossil should just be thrilled that somebody .. ANYBODY .. showed him some interest. I'm sure he got a nice couple of flights on a swanky private jet. He probably got wined and dined at the finest establishments. And I'm ALMOST certain that Boy Wonder didn't put him up at the Motel 6 on I-95!

Dweezil should just be thrilled at the thought that his wife wasn't yelling at him to mow the lawn, clean the cat's litter box, or take out the trash for a few days and call it even!

while the icy relationship between Cerrato, promoted from vice president this week, and Williams was another important factor.

:doh:

And there you have it folks. We are going to lose GW because he and Snyder's poodle can't play nice and get along.

@#$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs called his former assistants yesterday to inform them that the search for his replacement is likely to take several more weeks, team sources said, a day after management's attempts to put together a staff for Jim Fassel, a head coaching candidate, collapsed. YES IT SAID COLLAPSED!!!. Click on link to read the article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/24/AR2008012403212.html

Archived