Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stuffed!!! ES Poll for Williams/Fassel/Other: (700 votes for Fassel in 30 mins)

Reaganaut

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I really believe that all us season ticket holders must not buy tickets if Dan does not keep his word with continuity. The only way for our voice to be heard is to hit Snyder's wallet and ego. Quite frankly, I think it is ridiculous that all this is even going on. It is outrageous with GW and I believe we are stupid for not bringing back Al.

It is clear that the team has a great chemistry and are playing with a sense of purpose. Change the staff and all the "purpose" and momentum is gone. And we will not make the playoffs next year with a new coaching staff.

Here is a thought. Maybe the reason they are having difficulty with GW is that he wants to retain Al. And Snyder and Vinny do not want to continue with Al ini charge of the offense. I believe that if GW, and the Redskins, are going to be as successful as expectations, they will need to keep the offensive system in tact. In fact, I would say it is unfair to Gregg to force him to change offensive systems if he does not want to. And I think our offense is actually just getting in sync. Don't mess with it!!!!! Let's give Al full authority over the offense so he can show what the system can do. It is ridiculous to think his system will not work, the proven results are out there. There is no doubt in my mind that Al has not had the authority to run the offense, and just got "some" amount of authority during the 4 games the offense started clicking.

Anyway, I believe the problem is that Danny and Vinny will not allow Gregg to set the coaching staff, and in particularly will not allow him to keep the continuity. Thus they are wanting to go elsewhere for the coach. BAD, BAD, MISTAKE!!!

Snyder - Leave the football to the coaches!!

Hire Gregg and let him keep Al for continuity for the entire team. Gregg and Al's systems work, just get out of the way!!!!!

You will cause this team to fail if you do otherwise.

There is a strong degree on unanimity in this opinion.

Hate to be a bearer of bad news but as of the time I look at this post:

View Poll Results: Who should the Redskins hire for HC?

Gregg Williams 1578 84.61%

Jim Fassel 134 7.18%

Other 153 8.20%

1578/134 = 11.776119402985074626865671641791 or about 12 to 1 difference, not 15, and it wil be lower if you are going based on total respondents.

I voted for Williams, but not as an anti-Fassel vote. I'm in the minority in that I don't think Fassel would be a bad choice in other circumstances. The guy coached the Giants 7 years and took them to a Super Bowl.

My vote for Williams is a vote for some continuity on this team, a rejection of the strategy to blow things up and start over yet again.

Hate to be a bearer of bad news but as of the time I look at this post:

View Poll Results: Who should the Redskins hire for HC?

Gregg Williams 1578 84.61%

Jim Fassel 134 7.18%

Other 153 8.20%

1578/134 = 11.776119402985074626865671641791 or about 12 to 1 difference, not 15, and it wil be lower if you are going based on total respondents.

This is a race between Williams and Fassel. The results for Fassel include at least 23 ringers from last night at 7:30 which brings it back up, but it really doesn't matter that much. Ten to one is good enough for me. This poll has exceeded all expectations and should send a clear message to Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa.

I think Gregg Williams has done more than enough over the last few years to deserve a shot at the head coaching position. Under different circumstances Fassel might be a decent choice for the job, but if we have Williams as our next coach we don't have to start over and we can potentially be a real contender in the next few years. Fassel was an ok coach with the Giants, but the consistency was not there. The year after they went to the super bowl, they were 7-9. In each of the two other playoff appearances, they lost in the Wild Card round. What I'm getting at is that Fassel is an ok coach, not a great coach. In order to make the case for hiring anyone other than Gregg Williams, that candidate would have to be a great coach. My thoughts are sign Williams to a 4-5 years deal, bring back Saunders and give him another year to see if he can start to effectively run his offense, and ride the momentum from our 07 playoff run. If the offense struggles this year, replace Saunders. Williams for HC 08!

Go pats beat the giants! :gaintsuck

(hate to say it, but anyone but the other nfc east teams)

Archived