Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Will you still root for the Fassel-led Skins" Thread (Merged)

SWFLSkins

Anyone who is even thinking about jumping ship, please do so now. I don't want any ***** made bandwagon fans and nostalgia freaks clogging up the board.

Now, we can actually have football discussions without someone intellectually running back to hide behind Joe's legs "I'll trust a HoF coach, coach is never wrong, no one he ever hired is wrong, etc" no matter who we hire.

It took a 5 and 4 game winning streak for us to make the playoffs. Yes, we showed heart but how much heart is it REALLY when you blow as many leads as we did? Is not part of heart STOPPING the other team when they need to be stopped or SCORING when you need to score?

Life goes on.

People keep saying this proves how bad our FO or Snyder is but I thought Dan always went with the 'big splash' and 'flashy' signing? How is FAssel PROOF of that?

Again, if you're even THINKING of allowing your fanhood to die, then please go now and never come back.

My late grandfather endured the years when we REALLY WERE the laughingstock of the league and then finally Lombardi puts us on the right course and George Allen completes the rebuilding of our rep. But REAL fans have survived Jack Pardee, Spurrier, Turner, god knows what garbage in the 50s-60s and Gibbs II's disappointments.

We survived Shane Matthews and "Darkerian" and Reggie Brooks.

We'll survive this, we MAY EVEN PROSPER as a result.

I'll always cheer for the 'skins no matter who the coach is. But, that doesn't mean I have to like the owner, Vinny or the coach, especially if it's Fassel. He doesn't deserve the job PERIOD! He got fired as an OC! What makes Snyder thinks he is better suited then any other candidate?. My only guess is that he will be Danny and Vinny's puppet.

Here's what's funny to me also.

We have a guy who clearly didn't have control over his defense last year or over how certain people were managed (Lavar stands out but Archuleta is another) and may have been the deciding word in us not extending Smoot and Pierce (and Clark) who is rumored to want to pick ANOTHER defensive back in the first round this year and was a failure as a head coach previously VERSUS a two-time head coach of the year who actually went to a SB and had multiple playoff trips.

I'm not saying Fassel is the ideal candidate but for people to act like Dan Snyder hired me (which wouldn't actually be a bad move, if I were GM/Coach, we'd have BRady now anyway and probably Justin Tuck or Osi on the d-line and never would have brought in archuleta) is absurd. Fassel may not be the 'hot candidate' and maybe there's a reason for that. But maybe there ISNT. Coordinators get hot and lose their luster if time passes and they have a bad season, even if it's due to injury or other factors.

ALthough I personally think the team is closer than what some believe, I also know that the talent on this team was NOT MAXIMIZED under Joe. Sure, this year was great and I think if we had to go to Tampa, we may have been in the SB but if we hadn't blown so many damn leads, we would have been in better positions in both 2005 and 2007 and MAYBE found a way to sneak in the playoffs in 04 or 06.

That's fair weather fans. We should just start hating the Skins and rooting for the Cowboys because Fassel will be our coach. I'm not happy about the possibility, but you're an idiot for asking if we'll jump ship. Anyone who does that doesn't deserve to call themself and extremeskins fan. Get outta here.

As a true and diehard fan of the Redskins, I will support my team regardless if

the Coach is Fassel, Williams, Johnson, or Cowher.

Anyone that jumps ship due to the coach is not a true Redskin fan.

Hear, hear! The true fan will support its team no matter what.

It will not make a jot of difference to my allegiance - I'll always root for whoever is the Redskins HC and the team.

I can understand why people might be pissed off about the choice (many of them the very same fans who were saying Joe should resign after the Bills game - one from the 'be careful what you wish for file)) but are there REALLY Redskins fans who would want Fassel to fail just so they can say see I was right???

I'll root for them but my expectations will be ridiculously low. Snyder and Cerrato don't have a clue about what they're doing but what's new. Hiring Greg Williams was not sexy enough for these two but Fassel is ????? Just terrible.

You can hardly call Fassel a sexy pick. Also just to keep things in perspective he has not actually been hired yet - though it does look like thats the way things are going.

Archived