Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Will you still root for the Fassel-led Skins" Thread (Merged)

SWFLSkins

I come from a Redskins house; owners moves, etc don't have any effect on who I support team-wise.

With that said, a fassel lead Skins will be a big initial slap in the face to the Redskins fanbase and some kind of measure other than "suck it up whiney clowns that contribute to my 'yaht fund'" will have to be taken on behalf of the ownership, i.e. an indepth explanation. Not an apology mind you, but something is owed.

:2cents:

Why is it "a big slap in the face"? Everything I've ever read about DS indicates the guy grew up a fan and loves the B&G. Sure he's a gazillionaire so he thinks he can do anything he wants, but do you really think he doesn't have what he thinks are the best interests of the team at heart (misguided as many here think they may be) ?

Are you all kidding me? Honestly, I'd rather have GW BECAUSE a new HC means a new OC and DC. Campbell has been faced with this his whole career, including college, always having to learn a new system. HOWEVER, I've been a skins fan my whole life and whoever they choose, it's for reasons that most of us dont know. Whoever they hire, I'll adjust, as will everyone else. To question whether any fan would "root for a Fassel lead skins team" is ridiculous. If your answer is no, you are not a true fan, whether you want to argue about it or not. All of this bashing Fassel is f*cking ridiculous.

If the Danny hires the Fossil, it will just rip my heart out. I have told myself that that would be the last straw, that I would just give up on the team then, but I know that I will always come back. I think that sports teams are like women; in a man's lifetime he can only truly give his heart to one. And unfortunately, Snyder counts on that and thinks that he can just get away with anything. And he's right; he can.

... do you really think he doesn't have what he thinks are the best interests of the team at heart (misguided as many here think they may be) ?

I really think he is so clouded by his own ego that by definition he can never have the best interest of the team at heart.

Campbell has been faced with this his whole career, including college, always having to learn a new system.

barring a new OC it will be something like his 6th system in 7 years

even with fassel i would still be a skins fan, thats what being a fan is you cheer for your team no matter how bad

barring a new OC it will be something like his 6th system in 7 years

even with fassel i would still be a skins fan, thats what being a fan is you cheer for your team no matter how bad

What exactly about Fassel is it you don't like?

With all the talk about hoping for Snyder to sell the team, I won't root for The Skins if they hire Fassel, why is Vinny in charge and blah, blah blah....I thought it should be written....Who is staying on board and who is jumping ship if Fassel is hired as HC?

--------------

Personally I think Fassel is hired to replace Saunders and Williams is either the HC or the DC... but I know about as much as anyone. What Bubba wrote about the media is true and as Schultzy used to say,,, I KNOW Nuthing!

But hey for the record, who is jumping?

thats just stupid! Go find another team, be a fair weather fan! see ya. Redskin 4 life!

NO, i will never root against the skins.....except when we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but then im still rooting for the skins in a sense, a better draft pick to improve the skins. I even have a heard time doing that. And im sure your justification is the same...but...

sorry homie, i just cant roll with ya on that one...

SKINS FOR LIFE

Duh....

I am not stopping after 43 years.

We have had coaches just as bad or worse....JG2, Spurrier, Norv, etc.

JG2 was a barely .500 coach.

Ryan is an upgrade if it is true that we got him for DC....

Al is worse for this team because we never want him to control anything.

Zorn is controllable because he has never been an OC before and wont mind the meddling in the offense and will be a mat to walk on.

Our offense will get worse and our QB will get better but it wont help.

I think all these are cheesy moves targeted at showing that Danny and JG are still in charge, since JG will be a special advisor to Danny still.

I look at it like this, and if this point was made already then forgive my redundancy as I didn't bother to read every page of this post, but if you're a Skins fan you're a Skins fan. I'm a fan of the team, not of it's owner or the coach. I bleed burgundy and gold and will until I die. That doesn't mean I agree with most of the decisions that are made OR look forward to a bad coaching hire. I was so hoping we'd take a step forward and not 10 steps back, but it seems that's exactly what will happen. Looks like yet another long stint of haplessness before we'll see the light of day again.

Poor us.

I'll still fly the colors, come hell or high water......

I will never jump ship. I've been a skins fan through worse (Norv). I just wish Danny Boy would think a little bit. We're going to have to start from scratch again, and I can't stand to lose to dallas more than once a season. Just when I had forgotten what it was like to hate our HC, this...

:gaintsuck and so do their ex HC's.

As a true and diehard fan of the Redskins, I will support my team regardless if

the Coach is Fassel, Williams, Johnson, or Cowher.

Anyone that jumps ship due to the coach is not a true Redskin fan.

WOW a bit extreme wouldn't you say? I think that if Fassell comes here I am done. Danny Snyder has done nothing but totally destroy team unity. What moron blows up a team after making the playoffs. What Danny needs to do is hire Williams and make sure Saunders doesn't handcuff JC next year.

To go and blow this team up is a direct smack to Joe Gibbs and his legacy. Snyder needs to understand this isn't a video game although he acts like it. I am glad he is taking his time but my worry is the candidates of late, Mora, Fassil? Are you kidding me? He needs to go get a Belicheck disciple if he doesn't hire Williams.

He has already messed up once by promoting bug eyes. Hell he was a bumb in San Francisco and all Snyder wants is a bunch of no spine having YES men.

Daniel Snyder this team isn't a dot com and you can't run it like it is, haven't you learned that much yet? Your heart is probably in the right place but there is a disconnect between your heart and your brain. :2cents:

With all the talk about hoping for Snyder to sell the team, I won't root for The Skins if they hire Fassel, why is Vinny in charge and blah, blah blah....I thought it should be written....Who is staying on board and who is jumping ship if Fassel is hired as HC?

--------------

Personally I think Fassel is hired to replace Saunders and Williams is either the HC or the DC... but I know about as much as anyone. What Bubba wrote about the media is true and as Schultzy used to say,,, I KNOW Nuthing!

But hey for the record, who is jumping?

I am and will always be a Redskins fan. I've never been a "Gibbs fan," or a "Portis fan," or a "Campbell fan," or a "Riggins fan" for that matter. The players come and go, but the team is the team. Of course I cheer for the players and coaches to do well, but only because they are Redskins. I don't cheer for the Redskins because of who their coach is or their players are. I cheered just as hard for the "Scabskins" as I did for the regular players because for that period of time, they were my team.

Same thing goes for Fassel even though I think it's a bad move. And that's the point. A fan gets upset when they think their team is doing something stupid. Doesn't mean the fan is right though. And I'm sure 99.9% of the Redskins fans will gladly admit they were wrong if Fassel leads us to the Super Bowl. Fans would rather be wrong and see their team succeed, than be right and see their team fail. At least that's the way a "real fan" would look at it.

Hail,

H

What is wrong with some people in this world? If your a Skin fan, ur a Skin fan. Win or lose. Im gonna root for the Skins no matter who the coach is. The last thing in the world I want is for Fassel to get the job, but i am not gonna "jump ship" just because of him. Its actually sad that some people think like that.

Archived