Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Will you still root for the Fassel-led Skins" Thread (Merged)

SWFLSkins

The Redskins are my team. They were my team when ( :doh: ) Norv Turner was HC. They were my team when ( :censored: ) Steve Spurrier was HC. They will be my team no matter who is hired as the HC. I watched or listened to the games and wore the gear when we were the worst-coached team in the NFL. I will support the team if they hire Fassel. I might well watch or listen to the games with my enthusiasm down around my ankles, but this is my team. Period. I will reserve the right to gripe but this is my team.

I will also envy the heck out of the Colts who have their next HC, Jim Caldwell, in house already. (And I know Caldwell because I live in Winston-Salem, right down the street from Wake Forest where Caldwell had almost no success. I don't know if Caldwell has what it takes to be an NFL head coach but he has integrity and honour and those things are always a good foundation for any endeavour.)

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck and again for good measure :dallasuck

I will forever root for this team. Can't turn my back on them..too much time invested...too much loyalty and blind faith:silly: . I rooted for them when Spurrier was in charge...how much lower can it get? Hail to the Redskins 4-eva! I may not like the coach..but the coach doesn't get on that field week after week....I love this team...always have..always will. I'm a Skin thru and thru...b&g is what I bleed! These colors don't run!

Did I miss anything?:D

I think the majority of people are just worried. Hell I'm worried with the likes of Snyder and Vinny making these decisions.

I'll still root for the team but I'll probably start to attend less games. At least with Gibbs you knew the team wouldn't give up and would always fight till the bell.

One thing I remember about the Giants with Fassel is that the same couldn't be said.

you're right. I forgot about that...they would quit on him.

analogy: In spite of the fact your sister marries a dyslexic child molesting serial killer...she's still your sister.

The skins are a part of me...I will always be a fan regardless of how dysfunctional they are.

Might save $ on ticket this year and watch the nationaly televised games.

Under Fassel,Hope for best...expect the worst.

If I rooted for them during the Spurrier Era....Nuff Said.

Exactly, if i can deal with Spurrier Fassel can't be worse. I really have no clue what is going to happen, i hope it is resolved soon though. I have a feeling that is still another canidate out there, like Bram Weinstein "rabbit in the hat" theory.

I root for the Redskins regardless of who the coaches or the players are. But that doesn't mean I'd be happy with who fills those positions if they aren't successful.

Regardless of who they hire, and whether or not people "approve" of that person, if the Redskins win, people will be happy. If not, they won't. It's really just as simple as that, isn't it?

As a true and diehard fan of the Redskins, I will support my team regardless if

the Coach is Fassel, Williams, Johnson, or Cowher.

Anyone that jumps ship due to the coach is not a true Redskin fan.

That's it right there. I root for the team, not the coach. We had Norv and Spurman. If it's Fossil, then I'm still a Skins fan even if I don't like the choice.

From Profootballtalk.com

FASSEL TO BE HIRED AS SOON AS WEDNESDAY?

Though some league insiders believe that Jim Fassel will never be an NFL head coach again, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Fassel could be the head coach of the Washington Redskins as soon as Wednesday.

There you have it. Many believe Fassel would NEVER work as a head coach in the NFL yet the Redskins Front Office is going to hire him.

That says it all.

I hate being a Redskins fan sometimes. This may be the worse hiring ever.

As a true and diehard fan of the Redskins, I will support my team regardless if

the Coach is Fassel, Williams, Johnson, or Cowher.

Anyone that jumps ship due to the coach is not a true Redskin fan.

AAAAAAAAAAMEN!!! I can't believe that this is actually a discussion. Of course I'll cheer for my REDSKINS. Anyone who isn't going to cheer for them because of the coach should jump ship now- I don't want you aboard.

If Fassel his hired and GW is cut, I will be jumping boat...I am a redskins fan, and what Snyder is doing is not Redskins football. Also by firing GW we will loose alot of players, and if we don't phyiscally loose the players...we will loose their support and their heart for the team. I will probly become a Jags fan, I like how their orginization's been goin, I will also be routing for GW wherever he goes (even if its in the NFC East) I know its harsh, but its not as harsh as firing GW for no reason at all.

At least we still have hockey...the capitals are kicking ass and making great moves for the oginization, You guys should all tune in because the team is going to be a powerhouse for years to come.

At least we still have hockey...the capitals are kicking ass and making great moves for the oginization, You guys should all tune in because the team is going to be a powerhouse for years to come.

It's about time. How long has it been, 30 years? :laugh:

Guest ComebackKing

Of course. I rooted for the Skins with Norv Turner, I rooted for the skins with Marty, I rooted for the Skins during the Spurrier madness. I'll root for the Skins no matter the coach. I might not be as happy but I'll always root for the Skins.

If Fassel his hired and GW is cut, I will be jumping boat...I am a redskins fan, and what Snyder is doing is not Redskins football. Also by firing GW we will loose alot of players, and if we don't phyiscally loose the players...we will loose their support and their heart for the team. I will probly become a Jags fan, I like how their orginization's been goin, I will also be routing for GW wherever he goes (even if its in the NFC East) I know its harsh, but its not as harsh as firing GW for no reason at all.

I don't understand how someone can do that. So if the Skins start winning next season while playing "not Redskins football", will you jump back on the bandwagon??

People are frustrated that our team is run by a irrational dictator. Anyone who really cares about the Redskins sees the emotional bond this team went through after tragedy and they rallied around each other. Gregg Williams was a huge part of that. This team found alot out about each other. Some continuity, healthy roster, and a good draft would have given this team a full head of steam going into next season. Now, we will have sour players that on top of feeling betrayed have to learn both a new offense and defense. It's complete garbage and Im allowed to voice that. I will still root for the skins no matter what but you can never convince me that breaking this whole thing up after Gibbs left is the right move.

:applause:

Archived