Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Will you still root for the Fassel-led Skins" Thread (Merged)

SWFLSkins

People are frustrated that our team is run by a irrational dictator. Anyone who really cares about the Redskins sees the emotional bond this team went through after tragedy and they rallied around each other. Gregg Williams was a huge part of that. This team found alot out about each other. Some continuity, healthy roster, and a good draft would have given this team a full head of steam going into next season. Now, we will have sour players that on top of feeling betrayed have to learn both a new offense and defense. It's complete garbage and Im allowed to voice that. I will still root for the skins no matter what but you can never convince me that breaking this whole thing up after Gibbs left is the right move.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Great post there, I agree completely, I will support them no matter what, hell I went to the U of Georgia, so I am a Gator Hator from way back. And I still stuck with them through SS-can't even recall his full name. But your point about where the team ended the year and the possilbilities next year is point on. Hiring outside the orginazation right now seems like the wrong move. I still hope for the best in any scenario and think maybe Fassel is going to be the OC and Williams the HC. Hopefully all that has JGibbs stamp of approval.

I might complain/argue/cry but at the end of it all, i'll always be a Redskin fan and will always cheer/support my team...

HOWEVER.....if Fassel becomes our HC and GW/Saunders leave, I will follow the Steelers a lot closer as if they were my team~

This can't be a real question.......

I would root for the 'Skins if DS dropped in to ES and randomly picked one of us as the next head coach!

It is a real question and so far only the real fans have shown up to answer it.

I would like to see those who are making crazy, "I am going to give up the Redskins if they hire Fassel even though I rooted for them since the Civil War" crowd answer it.

IF you take away fassel's 4-12 season he does have a good record. From what I've been hearing, that season was filled with injuries which can be hard if key players don't play. But the track record that Vinny and Snyder have I'm not too sure about next season, but I can't leave the skins my mind won't allow it.

I can't believe this thread even exists. If a coach being hired that isn't your choice can make you jump ship...you were never really one of us in the first place. Fassel isn't my first choice, but I will be there hoping it's the start of a great new era in Skins history. That's how these things typically work out. Remember, when the Skins hired Gibbs the first time around it was..."who's this guy?!". When the Patriots hired Belichick it was...."that guy's only good as a Def. coach." Let's not be guilty of the "big splash" mentality everyone is always pinning on us. Fassel has a winning track record in the NFL. Not a sexy choice, but at least a reasonable one. Anyone thinking about ditching the Skins simply because this is the hire...well, they aren't like the Redskins fans I know.

Bottom line is if ANYTHING is CHANGED then he LIED to the fans when he sat there and stated how stability and continuity would stay. Nobody knows the team better than GW but his past coaching in Buffalo is hurting him, Fassell just outright sucks, he is a mediocre coach who is getting some breaks (look at Giants now). Would we really want Coughlin as HC even tho we knew he got the Giants to the SB. He is as mediocre as Fassell. I personally think is AS had ful control of the offense we could thrive, we sure seemed different when JC went down and TC took over. But like u and errybody else I gotta real sick feeling in my gut

Of course I'll still support the Redskins!

However, this was my first year with season tickets, and if it isn't GW who gets the job, it will be my last. But to be honest, it might have been my last even if Gibbs came back, I didn't really enjoy the heat in the early part of the season or the rain and cold at the end of the season (Chicago and Buffalo were pretty tough), and I especially didn't enjoy the abuse from the awful NY :gaintsuck and especially Philly :eaglesuck fans in my far-upper-deck section. By the time we got to Dallas :dallasuck I felt I was coming out only because Gibbs asked me to support the team (although I wouldn't have missed that game for anything). :D

So, I'll be pulling for Fassel and Ryan if that's what we get, but I'll be doing it from my warm and dry living room, wearing my Sonny jersey and listening to Sonny and Sam on the radio.

Ask me again in six months. Right now the answer is a resounding No. If they hire that loser I hope he loses ever game by a hundred points. The franchise I have loved will be dead. That move clearly indicates the team is no longer about winning.

I will never jump ship. You guys act like we hired Osama to coach the Skins.

If Fassel is hired, we will be coached by a very decent man with a good football mind. Is he the guy I would have picked in my EXTREMELY AMATEUR opinion? No. But I know one thing...that I don't know as much about football as even Vinny Cerrato.

I'm a fan to root for the Redskins, not to be a baby and cry every time people (who spend a lot more time studying this stuff than I do) make decisions I wouldn't have made.

Hail to the Redskins!

For the record, do you think that Charger fans thought that Norv was going to lead them to the AFC Championship Game? Do you think that Cowboy fans thought that Wade was going to lead them to a 13-3 record?

Of course I will love this team no matter what. However, I will be really upset/pissed about it for a while. The staff will be on a short leash from my perspective (not that it matters). Depending on what Fassel/Ryan do to our team, my heart may sort of put up a wall to the skins like it did in the Norval/Marty/Spurrier years...I'm a fan no matter what though. I just miss Gibbs so much already.

My love for the Redskins is unconditional, if you truly love something I don't think it ever changes in your heart. I do however have control over the money I spend on Redskin merchandise and events. I am sick to my stomach thinking things at the top of the Redskins will not change in my lifetime, I pray the right decisions are made here and now, a new coaching staff now, pretty much destroys any bricks of a foundation Joe Gibbs has laid in the past four years. Depending on the decisions made concerning this coaching staff, I have some soul-searching to do and my own decisions to make concerning my small financial support of this team, but my love for the burgundy and gold will always be.

Archived