Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Fassel and Rex Ryan

I mainly don't like the Rex Ryan idea for many reasons.

1) 3-4 That would take a few years to get in place.

2) He is a hot coaching candidate and how long could we really expect him to be around?

3) He's Buddy Ryan's son, we already have Buddy's protege in house.

Fair point. Snyder may be wrong, but this isn't about making a big name splash or selling tickets, so it would seem that it has to be about what he thinks is the best move for the team.

Sure, main problem here for me is do I think Danny and Cerrato have proven to be smarter and a step ahead from the rest of the NFL executives? Not to me.

Now Fassel doesn't even seem to be of late on teams radar screen as a coordinator never mind a head coach. So this requires me to make the leap that Danny and Cerrato can see the magic that so many others miss in that guy. That might be true, but it seems far fetched to me.

Maaaaaaannnnn, this is truly upsetting.

I don't care how much I know or don't know about football decisions, the fact that we are the only team with any interest in Fassell says everything that needs to be said.

Same can be said about GW, yeah ?

I also remember them blowing a gigantic lead to a not very good 49ers team in the playoffs.

good god...

I also remember them making it to the superbowl with Kerry Collins at QB.

They lost to what might have been the greatest defense of all time. So I'm not blaming that on Fassel.

And if we do make the playoffs it wont be for at least a few years til they get all the personnel they want. But by that time Danny boy will be tired of Fassels crap. See whats going on here? we dont have a chance!

God Damn f****** Snyder. Hes f****** at it again. I cant f****** believe it! What a f****** A******! I mean who the f*** is this guy. Vinny f****** Cerrato to exec VP, give me a f****** break, Now this S***! Jim f****** Fassel to HC. Is this for f****** real or is this a bunch of S***? I have f****** had it with this a******. I've been a fan since Gibbs first superbowl and if this a****** snyder blows this team up i swear i will like another team until this Mother f***** sells the team. Gregg Williams deserves and earned the HC spot. This team is a reflection of what f****** a****** danny boy wants, not what is best for the team. Its all about him. Ok i think Ill go destroy something now.

I must have read your profile wrong...it said your age was 34...I assume that's 20 years high or so correct?

I also remember them making it to the superbowl with Kerry Collins at QB.

They lost to what might have been the greatest defense of all time. So I'm not blaming that on Fassel.

Dude couldn't get a gig as OC for the Chiefs. Hasn't been interviewed other than that since being fired by the Ravens.

His latest gig is announcing games on the radio. So somehow Dan and Vinny can see the possibility of greatness in him. Two of the best football minds to ever play racquetball.

I'm not exactly enthused by this. :doh:

Man you all need to go be fans of another team...All this ****ing and moaning is getting really irritating...

The fact is WE don't know how Fassel will do here if he is the head coach....We don't know how GW would do here if he was the head coach...If it's Fassel it's Fassel if it's GW it's GW...It doesn't matter I'm going to root for this team just the same...I root for the Burgandy and Gold, and the name Redskins...It doesn't matter who the coach, or the players, or the owner is...

The Fassel, Rex Ryan combo would be good to me...Ryan runs a multiple D he will use the 3-4, 4-3, and the 46 bear fronts as his base D...He is not married to the 3-4 so he will have no problem adjusting to the personnel, and to be honest he is much more aggressive, and inovative on the defensive side than GW...Plus he actually can adjust his D in game if what he is doing isn't working...GW is poor in that area, he wasn't able to adjust if his initial gameplan fell through...that's why our D lost so many leads over the last 4yrs...

I gotta say if all this comes to be true, I think I'll be more disappointed than at any point of being a Skins fan. Some of us were really hoping Dan had learned a lesson about building and not tearing things apart, now he's poised to do exactly that. The guy just doesn't get it, he's going back to his old ways, and will probably be trading draft picks and bringing in pricey free agents all over again. This team formed a great bond in the wake of the ST tragedy, and Dan just spat on it. I hope the press really sticks in to him in the press conference, cause I know the fans want to.

...This team formed a great bond in the wake of the ST tragedy, and Dan just spat on it. I hope the press really sticks in to him in the press conference, cause I know the fans want to.

Not to mention the disrespect he is showing for what Gibbs built. DS is basically saying that he knows better than a Hall of Fame coach. Makes you wonder if there's something that DS and/or Vinny did to prod Gibbs to retire early. Gibbs would not call him out on that in public. Not his style.

Not to mention the disrespect he is showing for what Gibbs built. DS is basically saying that he knows better than a Hall of Fame coach. Makes you wonder if there's something that DS and/or Vinny did to prod Gibbs to retire early. Gibbs would not call him out on that in public. Not his style.

Who is saying Gibbs didn't have any input? They said he would at the press conference. Maybe he didn't like how things were?

Archived