Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Fassel and Rex Ryan

...At this point I am told the Redskins have still said nothing to Williams and the rest of the coaches and all signs pointing to Fassel. Snyder could always go the other way, and, this organization is capable of anything, but there is lots of angst among the players and coaches - especially those down at the Senior Bowl in Mobile.

If it's true that Snyder has strung GW along with no communication then he learned nothing from Gibbs. And we are screwed as fans. Get ready for football hell! Or worse, just wait until Tom Cruise is appointed QB's coach. JC will be playing with his helmet on backwards with Tom Cruise yelling "use the force JC!"

What is sad is that Greg Williams has truly paid his dues, and has truly earned the job. In addition, the players are loyal to him and it's obvious they play their hearts out for him. In the old days, this going out of house BS never took place in this kind of situation. Furthermore, why did Snyder pay him so much to stay a few years back if Williams wasn't seen as a future head coach?

This outrages me. Gregg Williams loves this franchise. He cried on national TV when Sean Taylor was in the hospital before he died. He has been so supportive of Gibbs and has started something here as far as us having a solid defense. Landry started to become amazing under his tutelege. He is a Redskin. Now we are getting ready hire a re-tread bum who has had one interview for an OC position and got beat out guy a guy who got ****canned at georgia tech. Snyder has ruined Redskin football.

This makes you ALMOST not want to be a Redskin fan. Just thinking about Jim Fassel,Ryan and whoever else in our Burgundy and Gold, keeps those hags in Baltimore.:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :puke: :puke: :puke: :no: :no: :anon: :anon: :anon: :cry: :cry: :cry: . I think i have too many smilieys. But they all resemble how i feel as of 9:43 on Jan 22.

jeez...maybe the scientologist aliens have taken over Dan's body.....

This whole scene is very disturbing. I cant imagine not being a skins fan...If this goes down they way the mouths are saying then it is going to be a really depressing off season.

Hiring GW is the easy hire -- the move no one would criticize. Hiring Fassel and Ryan would be a bold move that pretty much everyone will slam -- it certainly isn't a flashy move that is going to sell tickets. So Danny must truly believe it's the best move for the team in the long run. And who knows? Maybe it will be.

I'm no Snyder fan. Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

You know who's fault this is?...every single one of us. We could make a stand and not show up to games and not buy merchandise. Everyone says this is Dan's team he can do what he wants. I call B.S. This is a fan driven profession. If the stadium was half empty and no sales of merchandise how long do you think it would take him to realize he is accountable!! To every single f***** one of us fans.

So who is our next head coach in 2010? We may as well start talking about it now. This is like a bad dream that won't end. I looked up The Giants stats for the years Fassel was the coach, for being an offensive coach his O sucked pretty much every year. It was the D that was decent a few years that made them a winning team. It wasn't until after he left that they realized TB could be an every down back. Does Dan really think that Fassel's offense is going to compare to the other O's in the NFL? The only good things I could see w/ Fassel are that he is good w/ young QB's and his teams usually played their best football at the end of the year. That is usually the sign of a good coach, but it would be nice not to have to win the final 4-5 games to make the playoffs. We need a team that can get home field advantage. Is JF going to have this team ready and motivated to win from the start and put 12+ wins on the board? I hope so but I have a feeling we will be doing this all over again in two years when Fassel's combined record is 16-16 keeping us in mediocrity for another 2 years. By then maybe we can completely rebuild. Sometimes I wish things would get so bad that we had to blow it up and force Snyder to hire a real GM. If things start badly we should get a chant of "Hire a GM" going at the games. This would embarrass Snyder on national television. HTTR!!!

Hiring GW is the easy hire -- the move no one would criticize. Hiring Fassel and Ryan would be a bold move that pretty much everyone will slam -- it certainly isn't a flashy move that is going to sell tickets. So Danny must truly believe it's the best move for the team in the long run. And who knows? Maybe it will be.

Tom...is that you? Tell Katie and the kid we said "Hi."

just kidding.:rotflmao:

Mr. Gibbs why did you have to leave!!!

Not knowing who the hell the HC is getting, actually has gone old for me a long time ago. I think I will just wait until someone comes to me and say hey did you hear who the Skins next HC is??????????? By that time you really don't care anymore.

Fair point. Snyder may be wrong, but this isn't about making a big name splash or selling tickets, so it would seem that it has to be about what he thinks is the best move for the team.

God Damn f****** Snyder. Hes f****** at it again. I cant f****** believe it! What a f****** A******! I mean who the f*** is this guy. Vinny f****** Cerrato to exec VP, give me a f****** break, Now this S***! Jim f****** Fassel to HC. Is this for f****** real or is this a bunch of S***? I have f****** had it with this a******. I've been a fan since Gibbs first superbowl and if this a****** snyder blows this team up i swear i will like another team until this Mother f***** sells the team. Gregg Williams deserves and earned the HC spot. This team is a reflection of what f****** a****** danny boy wants, not what is best for the team. Its all about him. Ok i think Ill go destroy something now.

Archived