Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Fassel and Rex Ryan

Dude couldn't get a gig as OC for the Chiefs. Hasn't been interviewed other than that since being fired by the Ravens.

His latest gig is announcing games on the radio. So somehow Dan and Vinny can see the possibility of greatness in him. Two of the best football minds to ever play racquetball.

I'm not exactly enthused by this. :doh:

Maybe you're not enthused but there's no reason for the suicide and murder threats coming from the board.

This isn't hapening guys, it's all a dream...

Were going to wake up GW will be our coach, Sean will be roaming the secondary like a beast with Landry... and all is gonna be fine..........

God is anybody else on the verge of a breakdown??? I think i wanna cry:doh: :doh:

don't go dragging Sean into your drama queen stuff about our coaches.

Not to mention the disrespect he is showing for what Gibbs built. DS is basically saying that he knows better than a Hall of Fame coach. Makes you wonder if there's something that DS and/or Vinny did to prod Gibbs to retire early. Gibbs would not call him out on that in public. Not his style.

Can't stand Snyder, but it's his team and Gibbs no longer works for the Redskins

i dont know why you guys are going henny penny on us, but this might not be so bad..obviously if greg williams was qualified for the job he'd have it by now. I appreaciate what he did for us but may the best man win. I like the idea of running a 3-4 if we can bring in a pass rusher or two.

What I am trying to figure out is how is Gregg Williams allof a sudden this great Head Coach. He has a losing record as a Head Coach. He had the 31st ranked defensive team in the NFL in 2006. Jim Fassel has a winning record as a Head Coach and has brought the best out of subpar players like Kerry Collins( he had him in the Super Bowl ). Give this a chance. We were 9-7 last year and we should have been alot better than that. We have alot of good personell, we might need a little shake up.

Its so funny how so many Redskins fans absolutely trash the Cowboys fans for being FAIRWEATHER yet I have read TONS of posts on this site about how peoples fanfare is tied to GW either being hired or not being hired. People sit and bash the fairweather DC loners aka Cowboys fans yet are willing to turn their backs on this team if the coach THEY want isnt hired.

Look I want GW too but im not going to feel any different toward this team if its Fassel, GW, Gibbs or Steve Spurrier in at coach. I thought everyone rooted for the uniform and the name "Washington Redskins"????

I know its not everyone but i am totally shocked at seeing how many folks are ready to root for another team just cuz the coach they want isnt hired. Embarrasing really, u guys werent fans to begin with.

A hiring of Jim Fassel just reaffirms my belief that Dan Snyder and his love-muffin Vinny Cerrato are pieces of doggy-doo that are absolutely clueless.

I am guessing that the whole Fassel thing will be a 1 year stop-gap until Cowher is ready to come back and coach.

Just like Marty was for Spurrier. I am so glad that I am a fan of a team that won't return to the playoffs anytime soon (at least 5-10 YEARS).

Jesus Christ, for the last time IT'S NOT ABOUT THE COACH WE WANT BEING HIRED OR NOT!

It's about the FO and their commitment to winning. Hiring Fassel over GW and blowing up the team after 2 playoff appearances in 3 seasons is absurd.

It's about loyalty, and honor, and staying true to the ideals of continuity. Hiring Fassel only cements the notion that Snyder and cerrato are looking for a patsy not a good football coach.

I can't get behind that anymore.

I wouldnt root for another team but i really dont want to drop to the bottom of the barrel either. I guess being close every year is better than 5-11 and not caring about football after week 10. I like making the playoffs, extending the weeks i actually care about football. I think GW has a better chance than someone new to do that next year and the year after.

During my 20's football was over before it really started. I could tell those teams were horrible. In short, it SUCKED. i dont want a coaching carousel again!!! GW has his system in place. No its not the BEST, but its better than 2/3 of the teams. If you make the playoffs enough, sooner or later you gonna make the SB....see Seahawks, Giants this year, but you gotta be there. Starting over every 3 or 4 years is BS

Jesus Christ, for the last time IT'S NOT ABOUT THE COACH WE WANT BEING HIRED OR NOT!

It's about the FO and their commitment to winning. Hiring Fassel over GW and blowing up the team after 2 playoff appearances in 3 seasons is absurd.

It's about loyalty, and honor, and staying true to the ideals of continuity. Hiring Fassel only cements the notion that Snyder and cerrato are looking for a patsy not a good football coach.

Its about Loyalty and Honor???? Talk about the pot calling the kettle pitch black.

U said you'd turn your back on this team with a straight face......so much for loyalty and honor.

"If they hire that loser I hope he loses ever game by a hundred points. The franchise I have loved will be dead." - McMetal

There are 31 great flavorful choices to choose from!!!

"The Naked Gun 2.5" had the line on the poster "Frank Dreben is back...just deal with it."

In this case I wish to paraphrase it, "Jim Fassel is the Head Coach of the Washington Redskins...just accept it."

Not crazy about it at all...but I'll still stand by this team.

Wow! Excellent! What you have written is common sense. Hiring Fassel will one way or the other, tear this team apart, either by rebellion or rebuilding........:applause:

good point McM, and to the guy who said "it's Snyder's team he can do what he wants" ... I call bs. It's OUR friggn team, the fans and the community. You know, the ones who buy all the merchandise and pay the ridiculous ticket prices and parking fees and $8 beers on Sundays. Dan may have bought this team, but he did not have anything to do with creating and building upon the tradition that is the Washington Redskins. Gibbs did, and Snyder should still be trying to hang onto as much of that as possible. Not cutting the umbilical chord because he wants to do it HIS way, or his right hand man doensn't get along with the coaches in place now.

Look I am not saying that I am entitled to make decisions about how this franchise is run just because I give financially and emotionally to this team every day of my life, but I can say that most fans around here have the teams best interest at heart. I even defedned Dan Snyder on this board after he brought Gibbs in, but this is not about winning for him. Yeah, Danny and Vinny want to win, but they want to win THEIR way. They want THEIR names to be given credit for the success this team has had.

Rex Ryan is not available as an Asst Coach.

Read JLC today:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

However, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, Ryan's contract stats has been reported incorrectly. It's been widely reported that Ryan was fired along with the rest of Baltimore's staff. But while it's true that Ryan is free to interview for any head coaching jobs - and he's still in play in Atltanta (who isnt't at this point? what a debacle the Falcons' situation has become), the Ravens could still block any lateral move, according to a source

Its about Loyalty and Honor???? Talk about the pot calling the kettle pitch black.

U said you'd turn your back on this team with a straight face......so much for loyalty and honor.

"If they hire that loser I hope he loses ever game by a hundred points. The franchise I have loved will be dead." - McMetal

There are 31 great flavorful choices to choose from!!!

everyone is really emotional right now about this, it's hard to talk "with a straight face" about something you care so much about.

BTW - it's also hard to tell how "straight of a face" someone is talking with from behind the monitor.

Look deeper into the comments and not so much at McM's exact words being pulled out of context, and I think you can see what is really going on. It's straight emotion.

McMetal is one of the biggest Skins fans I know. Supporting this team blindly may be some folks impression of what a fan truly is, but we've all been around here and made some comments that others thought were a bit irrational, wrong and "un-loyal" at times.

There is a difference between showing loyalty to the Redskins great franchise and tradition, and accepting that Dan Snyder is in any meaningful way a part of that. Just because he signs the checks doesn't mean we have to support his decisions, just like supporting the troops does not mean you give blind loyalty to GW Bush. (just an exampe)

everyone is really emotional right now about this, it's hard to talk "with a straight face" about something you care so much about.

BTW - it's also hard to tell how "straight of a face" someone is talking with from behind the monitor.

Look deeper into the comments and not so much at McM's exact words being pulled out of context, and I think you can see what is really going on. It's straight emotion.

McMetal is one of the biggest Skins fans I know. Supporting this team blindly may be some folks impression of what a fan truly is, but we've all been around here and made some comments that others thought were a bit irrational, wrong and "un-loyal" at times.

There is a difference between showing loyalty to the Redskins great franchise and tradition, and accepting that Dan Snyder is in any meaningful way a part of that. Just because he signs the checks doesn't mean we have to support his decisions, just like supporting the troops does not mean you give blind loyalty to GW Bush. (just an exampe)

Well it is what it is.....when i say straight face obviously i dont have a webcam that can view each person but the post did not sound like a joke or sarcastic in any way....no smileys or any indications it was a joke....thus deemed a Straight Face by me.

Im not a big fan of Snyder but do have and will have blind loyatly to the Redskins til death. If a friend of mine or someone i was talking to said the Skins were dead to he/she if Coach X were hired then it would be the same...i'd call them out on being a fairweather.

Turning ones back in this situation is similar to saying i will follow the Skins only during the winning years and find something else to do or another team to follow during the down years....call it what you chose.

Well it is what it is.....when i say straight face obviously i dont have a webcam that can view each person but the post did not sound like a joke or sarcastic in any way....no smileys or any indications it was a joke....thus deemed a Straight Face by me.

Im not a big fan of Snyder but do have and will have blind loyatly to the Redskins til death. If a friend of mine or someone i was talking to said the Skins were dead to he/she if Coach X were hired then it would be the same...i'd call them out on being a fairweather.

Turning ones back in this situation is similar to saying i will follow the Skins only during the winning years and find something else to do or another team to follow during the down years....call it what you chose.

I understand where you are coming from, but again, sometimes people say things that seem a bit harsh at tough times. But they are coming from the right place, from the place that means someone actually feels strongly and cares about something to an extent that they feel demoralized.

You can choose to focus on the exact words McM used to express himself or the fact that he didn't give you any indications or smiley faces (maybe they weren't appropriate for how he was feeling), and you have every right to judge him based on that, and voice whether or not you think you are "more of a fan" ... or whatever you want to call it ... but I also have to right to defend someone I know for a fact, is a DIEHARD Redskins fan and will always be.

This is just awful. I am disgusted at the way it has all played out. This has been a horrible 2 months. I want to wake up from my long nighmare!

Simply put, Gregg Williams and the entire coaching staff deserve much better. This is a total insult to Gibbs as well. He was the one who put this staff together and Gibbs has endorsed Williams. Do Dan and Vinny really think they know better?

No other team even wants Fassel as an OC.

If Fassel and Ryan are hired by the Redskins, I'll take a wait & see approach on this, but most likely I'd expect the worse is yet to come for this organization. Still a Redskins fan no matter what, but I'll often dwell in the past looking back at the Redskins glory years.

Archived