Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins targeting spagnulo

boston skins fan

God spare us!

How many teams were banging down Fossil's door since he left the Giants? He's been floating in Assistant limbo for years now...with nary a whiff of a HC interview. That should tell us everything we need to know.

If you suck enough to get fired from the Ravens, don't bring that weak schtick here.

Just heard this on the radio up here in boston the skins have targeted giants DC Steve spagnulo for there head coaching position. anyone else here this

well they did say Danny's jet was in GB yesterday so instead of Fassel it is Spanulo, now does he live in Arizona?? Then we have the mystery candidate

God spare us!

How many teams were banging down Fossil's door since he left the Giants? He's been floating in Assistant limbo for years now...with nary a whiff of a HC interview. That should tell us everything we need to know.

If you suck enough to get fired from the Ravens, don't bring that weak schtick here.

You are right he is a bad coach:

Fassel has a long record of offensive success. He tutored prominent quarterbacks Phil Simms and John Elway. Prior to becoming New York Giants head coach, Fassel served as an assistant coach with the Arizona Cardinals, Denver Broncos, New York Giants, and Oakland Raiders.

During Fassel's time as Giants head coach, his teams were known for numerous post-season runs in December and for winning big games, such as against the previously undefeated Denver Broncos in 1998. In 1997, he was named NFL coach of the year. He resurrected the career of quarterback Kerry Collins and received acclaim for his "playoff guarantee" in the 2000 season, during which he led the Giants to an improbable Super Bowl appearance.

Fassel and Bilick never got along in Baltimore.

Wasn't he bad as a Coordinator w/the Ravens that even Billick had to fire him?

He got fired because he didn't get along with Billick. Fassell didn't implement the gameplan, he just called the plays. He had to execute Billick's gameplan and this was causing a major rift in the locker room as alot of the offensive players were loyal to Fassell.

A rumor isn't a rumor that doesn't die. That was said in the Usual Suspects, one of the greatest movies of all time. Until the coach is hired, I believe that all things are possible. There is no way of knowing what is true. Just because the team denies it doesn't mean that they are going to come out and say it is true. Teams and coaches spin and lie all the time. Remeber when Rick Neuheisel (spelling) was supposedly not interested in the 49ers job and it was reported later on that he met with the 49ers management to talk about the job. Until the coach is hired any and everything is possible. If they are thinkiing about Spagnolu or however you spell his name, I would believe that to be true. The only thing that I would be skeptical about is the fact that I thought you couldn't talk to a coach until the playoffs were over or did they change that rule? I thought that I heard that they were thinking about changing that rule recently. I don't know if they did.

A rumor isn't a rumor that doesn't die. That was said in the Usual Suspects, one of the greatest movies of all time. Until the coach is hired, I believe that all things are possible. There is no way of knowing what is true. Just because the team denies it doesn't mean that they are going to come out and say it is true. Teams and coaches spin and lie all the time. Remeber when Rick Neuheisel (spelling) was supposedly not interested in the 49ers job and it was reported later on that he met with the 49ers management to talk about the job. Until the coach is hired any and everything is possible. If they are thinkiing about Spagnolu or however you spell his name, I would believe that to be true. The only thing that I would be skeptical about is the fact that I thought you couldn't talk to a coach until the playoffs were over or did they change that rule? I thought that I heard that they were thinking about changing that rule recently. I don't know if they did.

The Usual Suspects? So you're saying the mystery candidate is.............Keyser Soze!!!!

Charlie Weis is a good caution for teams that want to chase after assistant coaches on Super Bowl bound clubs.

Just because McDaniel is on the Pats staff doesn't mean HE is the reason they are productive.

It is hard NOT to be successful when you are given Brady and a veteran offensive line to work with and your GM has just brought in Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

Same for Spagnuolo with the Giants. NY has had a nice run in the playoffs but can you really determine anything consequential about a coordinator in ONE season?

Same for Spagnuolo with the Giants. NY has had a nice run in the playoffs but can you really determine anything consequential about a coordinator in ONE season?

cant you say that for tomlin also or mangini? I like spagnuolo because he will make sure that the defensive line is up to par with his blitz scheme.

Charlie Weis is a good caution for teams that want to chase after assistant coaches on Super Bowl bound clubs.

Just because McDaniel is on the Pats staff doesn't mean HE is the reason they are productive.

It is hard NOT to be successful when you are given Brady and a veteran offensive line to work with and your GM has just brought in Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

Coaching in college and the pros is totally different. And don't give up on Weis yet at ND.

What we do know about McDaniels is he knows a proven system and has learned under the best coach in today's game. That's enough for me to warrant an interview.

I would liken McDaniels's situation to the one we had about 26 years ago. Beathard had the balls to hire the offensive genius responsible for running Don Coryell's high flying offene with the Chargers. That hire turned out pretty good. (Please note, I said the situations were similar, not that McDaniels is equal to Gibbs - we don't know that yet).

Hail,

H

Archived