Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hiring Jim Mora Jr. as HC would be a mistake

nneece

I live in Atlanta, and I can tell you that Jim Mora Jr. would be a huge mistake. When I first heard his name mentioned I thought they may be looking at him for an assistant coaching position. Not that he is probably not deserving of another shot at HC at some point, but based on what I saw in the local press day in and day out Mora lacks some maturity and lost the locker room and respect of the players before he was fired. He became buddy buddy with Michael Vick which in hindsight was a massive mistake and misjudgement of character. He seemed to go too easy as time went on and lacked discipline, or so it seemed. Given that Washington should be a prime destination to coach at, why would you select a retread loser like Mora? Williams and about half a dozen other people I can think of off the top of my head would be better choices. If this comes to pass then I think all Redskins fans seriously have to question Snyder and Cerratio, ie the front office and this organization. If this did come to pass then they do not know what they are doing.

Not that I want Mora to become head coach, but the Falcons as a whole, have serious front office and player issues. Starting with Blank the owner down to Mike Vick and the coaching staff. The people here who have questions about the Redskins front office should look at the disarray of teams like the Falcons.

But in regards to Mora, I don't doubt that he had locker room difficulties with the players the Falcons have/had. And getting stuck with a QB like Michael Vick is a tough situation to be put into.

I don't think he would be a bad coach if he were put in charge of the Redskins. The Redskins have upstanding players that respect coaches and understand their role. He had none of that in Atlanta.

If you are willing to give Williams a second chance at a HC job, then why not give Mora a second chance? Just because he is bad at handling the media does not necessarily mean he is a horrible coach.

We, as fans, cannot say who is going to be a good coach and who is not. We only see the press conferences and here what the media tells us. What we see publicly is not a good judge of character. I would bet that Mora Jr. and Williams have both learned from their head coaching stints. I bet Mora Jr. would really change a lot of things he did in Atlanta.

I will back any coach Snyder brings in until that coach proves he doesn't deserve it.

If you are willing to give Williams a second chance at a HC job, then why not give Mora a second chance? Just because he is bad at handling the media does not necessarily mean he is a horrible coach.

We, as fans, cannot say who is going to be a good coach and who is not. We only see the press conferences and here what the media tells us. What we see publicly is not a good judge of character. I would bet that Mora Jr. and Williams have both learned from their head coaching stints. I bet Mora Jr. would really change a lot of things he did in Atlanta.

I will back any coach Snyder brings in until that coach proves he doesn't deserve it.

Ya but people want who they want as the HC, and nothing on earth will change their mind

Not that I want Mora to become head coach, but the Falcons as a whole, have serious front office and player issues. Starting with Blank the owner down to Mike Vick and the coaching staff. The people here who have questions about the Redskins front office should look at the disarray of teams like the Falcons.

But in regards to Mora, I don't doubt that he had locker room difficulties with the players the Falcons have/had. And getting stuck with a QB like Michael Vick is a tough situation to be put into.

I don't think he would be a bad coach if he were put in charge of the Redskins. The Redskins have upstanding players that respect coaches and understand their role. He had none of that in Atlanta.

Bad Falcons organization does not equal a good coach in Mora Jr. The 2 are not mutually exclusive.

I think this organization would want to look at the available elite HC options in the NFL. Jim Mora Jr. is not among the elite. I haven't heard anything about Miami, Baltimore, etc. interviewing him. Other teams aren't exactly knocking down his door, are they?

I don't want Mora. He's not right for Redskins in my opinion. That doesn't make him a bad coach though. I just don't think he fits us.

I feel the same way.

Furthermore...we were all EXCITED when Spurrier and Gibbs came on as coaches...probably Marty as well. Look where that has gotten us. We havent been SuperBowl Contenders exactly. Im not saying Mora is a bad coach nor am I saying he's the next Belicheck but im going to give every coach the benefit of the doubt at this point. Everytime Ive been excited with a head coach hire it didnt end up in a SB season...thus maybe a reversal of thought will lead to something, I dont know.

]']This is a serious question' date=' not trying to be a smart ***.

What did he do that made everyone think he was pals with Vick? I didn't care for Mora much, so I never paid attention, but I'm wondering what did he do to lead you guys to believe that.[/quote']

He would talk in the press about how he and Vick lived in the same neighborhood and were "neighbors". About how Vick was such a good, high character type of guy that he trusted his kids with, blah, blah, blah...

I think this organization would want to look at the available elite HC options in the NFL. Jim Mora Jr. is not among the elite. I haven't heard anything about Miami, Baltimore, etc. interviewing him. Other teams aren't exactly knocking down his door, are they?

Well they have obviously interviewed Mora so they are looking beyond the "elite." I really think Mora will have something to prove. I think he would want to clear his name of the debacle that is associated with him and Atlanta. I would bet he is pretty hungry to prove himself.

I don't think Williams would be considered "elite" either. Outside of Buffalo, Tennessee, and Washington, nobody knows who he is. Is Caldwell elite?

Just because we bring in someone with a name like "Cowher," does not mean we will win.

I'm hoping all this is just going through the motions. Keep everybody guessing, including the media and the NFL big wigs. You interview as many candidates as possible, even the "Mora's". You do your "Rooney Rule" interview and then another interview or a second one with whatever candidate interests you. After everybody has racked their brains out, dismissing Gregg Williams and then begin thinking it might be, Mora, Cowher, Grimm, Meeks or God knows who else, they announce the hiring of Williams as our new HC and Jerry Gray as the new DC with Saunders being retained as the OC......:applause: At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Well he did go to the NFC Championship in one of his 3 seasons as a coach. Also based on what I saw, the Seahawks became a ballhawking deense under his watch and hopefully after watching Kerney and Tapp, he could appreciate what a bigtime pass rusher can do for a team (Unlike Williams)

If Williams isn't interested in bringing back Saunders, then are you guys still opposed to bypassing Williams?

]']This is a serious question' date=' not trying to be a smart ***.

What did he do that made everyone think he was pals with Vick? I didn't care for Mora much, so I never paid attention, but I'm wondering what did he do to lead you guys to believe that.[/quote']

I wonder the same thing. All I heard out of Atlanta was Blank was the one who was buddy buddy with Vick, as well as other players. Some thought his open door policy to the players was undermining his coaching staff.

Screw Mora...he stinks as a HC. I don't want that punk anywhere near this franchise. He will ruin Campbell and run this franchise into the ground.

Based on what?

Personally I would not mind having Mora - I'd prefer Williams to get a shot providing he keeps Saunders but I would not piss and moan about Mora.

He did an OK job at Atlanta despite having Mike Vick as his RB/option QB. Got them to the NFC Championship game his first year if memory serves. He is still pretty young, should have learned from some of the problems he had with Atlanta at the end and be eager to prove himself second time around.

Go look up Bill Belichecks record at Cleveland is HIS first job.

Archived