Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys realize why we weren't playing Tampa in the Playoffs this year?!

boobiemiles

Heck it isn't even just the Giants game.

Buffalo, Philly, Green Bay, were also all games we should've won....and we had a chance to sweep Dallas as well.

(Although Tampa was close I don't think we deserved that one b/c we couldn't hang on to the ball all day).

There were a lot of feel good things about the run-but the reality is this team had the choke mentality in big spots and that's why we weren't playing the Bucs.

This is the truth. When we were unable to punch it in from the goal line, at home, against a division rival, that was a significant loss. Not to mention the blown lead in that game (and others). The Skins ended the year with a bang, be happy with that. But props to the Giants for beating Dallas on the road (man, how I wish we made it to Dallas. The butt whipping we woulda put on them!)

The funny thing is how many people said it was not that big of a deal.I for one knew that was big and said that would kill us towards the end of the year and it did.With that being said there was a lot of games we should have won this year and I blame Gibbs for most of the loses.I love Gibbs,but the first part of the year he would get a lead and sit on it.Than he started coaching agressive and we won four straight.

New York is getting a bunch of new stadiums soon. This won't happen too much in the future.

We kicked their asses, and Dallas' too. Seattle is Bi-polar - at home, not a bad team at all, on the road they suck bawls.

we lost, we have a decent amount of draft picks so we can do something about a pass rush next year and add depth to the lines. Wish we coulda won one for ST and the Gibber, but that story didn't pan out.

1. If we can't beat Seattle, do you really think we're going that far?

2. We had our chance to beat the Giants.

3. This thread makes me sad. We got beat fair and square. There is no conspiracy. There is no injustice. We lost and it's time to enjoy the rest of the playoffs and get ready for next season.

This is the truth. When we were unable to punch it in from the goal line, at home, against a division rival, that was a significant loss. Not to mention the blown lead in that game (and others). The Skins ended the year with a bang, be happy with that. But props to the Giants for beating Dallas on the road (man, how I wish we made it to Dallas. The butt whipping we woulda put on them!)

Ohhhhhhohoho! The SIG! That's too much. It's awesome! I love the twitch in his right eye. :applause::laugh::laugh:

If there is one blessing in Joe re-retiring, I wont have to see us line up in the 1970's era jumbo package from anywhere inside the 10! I dont know how many times I wanted to tear the t.v. down from the wall when we got inside the 10! B.S.!!!

That game still lingers with pain! :gaintsuck

It's not there fault the Jets play in NY.

And Besides we should have beaten them Week 3 but we blew it.

It pains me to say it, but we don't deserve to be playing right now. We had a good run to make the playoffs. Just hurts so much to know how many leads were blown. Could have been in a much better position to go far.

I understand your point, but the bottom line is we did not get to play in Tampa because we blew a 17-3 halftime lead at home against the Giants.

I agree, but finish the thought.

We blew a 17-3 halftime lead at home against the Giants because we couldn't punch it in from inside the 5 yeard line because the offensive line couldn't push the pile back. We lost the battle in the trenches consistently and it cost us.

Got news for you. Seattle will probably be the #3 or 4 seed next year too despite them having the NFC East and Pats on their schedule. So we better win games early in the year and win the close ones or we could be making two trips there (one in reg season) next year.

Then again I wouldn't rule out a scenario where an 11-5 or 12-4 WC NFC East team has to go to visit an 8-8 division winner, Seattle.

I have to agree with the majority. It is not a conspiracy regarding the Giants having more "home" games. Their game with the Jets was a home game for the Giants... so are people upset that the "Jets" had an extra "home" game for that reason? THe London game was a "home" game on a technicality. One team had to be considered "home" and the other "away." I don't believe it affected either team's home schedule. THe problem I had with that game was that the Dolphins then only had 7 home games truly in their stadium. I'm not sure why that couldn't have been an away game for both as far as stadium games go.

As far as the year with the Saints. That was an unfortunate circumstance brought about by an act of God. Perhaps it could have been played in a neutral arena, but yes, that was a home game for the GIants.

As far as us playing Seattle or Tampa has nothing to do with the giants and their home schedule. If we had beat them, or won any of the games we should have.. we may have played in Tampa, or better, had a bye week. Sixth seed plays 3rd seed, that's the NFL rules. Has nothing to do with a conspiracy regarding the Giants.

Archived