Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys realize why we weren't playing Tampa in the Playoffs this year?!

boobiemiles

The Giants are the only team in the league that when the time is right, play 9 home games instead of 8. This year it cost us. We had a better conference record than them. And in my opinion if we played Tampa and not the Hawks, there is a good chance that just like the G-men, we would still be playing and having dreams about Arizona. Who knows maybe Joe would have stayed another year.

The bottom line is I don't unerstand why the Giants are the only team that has this advantage. All the Jets do is put up a few banners, and call Giants Stadium home. This year it cost us. I know we had our fate in our hands, but that does not excuse the fact the Giants got an extra home game that they call a road game, and now bask in the glory that they have 9 game winning streak on the road. What is up with that?

It's not there fault the Jets play in NY.

And Besides we should have beaten them Week 3 but we blew it.

This is the truth. When we were unable to punch it in from the goal line, at home, against a division rival, that was a significant loss. Not to mention the blown lead in that game (and others). The Skins ended the year with a bang, be happy with that. But props to the Giants for beating Dallas on the road (man, how I wish we made it to Dallas. The butt whipping we woulda put on them!)

The Giants are the only team in the league that when the time is right, play 9 home games instead of 8. This year it cost us. We had a better conference record than them. And in my opinion if we played Tampa and not the Hawks, there is a good chance that just like the G-men, we would still be playing and having dreams about Arizona. Who knows maybe Joe would have stayed another year.

The bottom line is I don't unerstand why the Giants are the only team that has this advantage. All the Jets do is put up a few banners, and call Giants Stadium home. This year it cost us. I know we had our fate in our hands, but that does not excuse the fact the Giants got an extra home game that they call a road game, and now bask in the glory that they have 9 game winning streak on the road. What is up with that?

Well the Giants suck at home anyways, so its not like they completely benefited from it. If we would have beat them back in week 3, we would have had the 5th seed and played Tampon Bay (which I think we could have easily won).

Giants season ticket holders did not get to use their tickets. They had to buy them seperate. So it is not like the giants had the stands packed with fans. I wish I could have gone to that game to hear how the Jet fans treated the Giant fans.

It's not there fault the Jets play in NY.

And Besides we should have beaten them Week 3 but we blew it.

your right we should have beat them thats what gave them there run to the playoffs.Its allright there not going to win in greenbay im still pre packers vs pats!

:logo: RIP # 21 ALWAYS A REDSKINS :logo:

:helmet: THANK YOU JOE GIBBS FOR ALL YOU DONE :helmet:

I understand your point, but the bottom line is we did not get to play in Tampa because we blew a 17-3 halftime lead at home against the Giants.

That is what I thought the explaination would be when I saw this thread.

We can point to some more games for sure, but that game was without a doubt the turning point of the season. The Giants were left for dead and if we finished them their season goes a whole other direction.

The Redskins can't blame anyone but themselves for the predicament that they were in last year. We lost too many close games- notibly the games vs. Green Bay, Buffalo, the 1st Giants game, the 1st Dallas game, the 2nd Eagles game. Boy, when you think about it, the 2007 Washington Redskins should have had a 14-2 record at best. Don't blame how the schedule was made. Put emphasis on why things happened this year.

We sure as hell should not have had to win the the last 4 games to get in the playoffs this year. Look at the games we were right there in and had a chance to win. Home against giants week 3 dominated the first half and blew it. Lost in green bay when we could have won, in dallas we were right there. Home against the bills and eagles. I firmly believe that we should have been a 12 game winner this year. But critical errors in big spots killed us in those games.

The Redskins can't blame anyone but themselves for the predicament that they were in last year. We lost too many close games- notibly the games vs. Green Bay, Buffalo, the 1st Giants game, the 1st Dallas game, the 2nd Eagles game. Boy, when you think about it, the 2007 Washington Redskins should have had a 14-2 record at best. Don't blame how the schedule was made. Put emphasis on why things happened this year.

yup yup

I know we had our fate in our hands, but that does not excuse the fact the Giants got an extra home game that they call a road game, and now bask in the glory that they have 9 game winning streak on the road. What is up with that?

This is completely innacurate. The Jets game was actually a home game for the Giants. In fact, the Giants only played 8 games in the Meadowlands this season. Still, they get to play 9 home games once every 8 seasons, which is still an advantage, just not this year.

Counting the Dolphins game in England as a road game is bs though. And I won't even get into the ridiculous Saints "away" game they played in the Meadowlands 2 seasons ago.

This also happened in 2005 when the Saints played there as the home team. It took on the same Monday Night the Cowboys lost on 2 last minute touchdowns to some combo named Brunell and Moss. I missed the whole game except the end, because I had to watch the mockery of a home game for the Saints. We had a better division record than the Giants, and the Giants went 8-1 at Giant stadium that year while only 3-4 on the road. That took a division title away from us. That bugged me all year.

We didn't get to play in Tampa, because Tampa was the 4th seed. The 6th seed always plays the 3rd seed in the Wildcard games, while the 5th seed plays the 4th seed.

If you want to question why we lost certain games we were leading after the 4th quarter, just look at the the skins plan for ending those games. Instead of playing for 60 minutes and dominating those games, we were content and tried to run the clock out. Unfortunately, it took Gibbs 5 losses before he figured out this was the wrong approach.

Archived