Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Jason Cambell the answer at quarter back (merged)

boston skins fan

Rivers was a number 2 pick, Manning was a number 1 pick. Campbell was in the 20s, and came out after both these players.

Stop being an *******.

Excuse me---it's still first round. How is he being an ___ for giving his opinion?

That's a POS post from you just because you don't liek what's being said.

Hey, here's one for you--Derek Anderson was picked same year as Jason. Brady won the SB in his second year in the league after taking over for an ineffective QB.

Stop making excuses. What, is it 1-3 more years for every 5-10 draft spots that you have to wait for someone to pay off in the draft?

Rivers was a number 2 pick, Manning was a number 1 pick. Campbell was in the 20s, and came out after both these players.

Stop being an *******.

-And Romo sits to pee was undrafted and Brady was in the 6th round. Clearly there is no correlation and your point is wrong. You should think about what you say, before you allow yourself to post it.

I'm not sure that Campbell is right for the Saunders system. A QB really has to fight instincts and learn to trust in the play design. He has to be able to deliver the ball before the receiver is actually open and a lot of times before he makes a break. A quick delivery is definitely a plus. Also, I think Campbell definitely needs to work on his touch. He needs to know when to put air under the ball and when to deliver a bullet. He does have good poise and I like that he can take off and make plays with his feet.

I guess we'll have to see how he progresses this season, should Saunders stick around.

Yes the hall of fame coach who drafted him held JC down. The play calling by one of the best offensive coordinators in the past 20 years is also to blame.

Right, since he was an offensive mastermind and in the hall of fame his first time around, surely means he was just as impressive the 2nd time around.

Since the offense was the strong point of the team for Gibbs II and all. :rolleyes:

we shall know next season. i can forgive his mistakes he made this year as on the job learning, if he's still making those same mistakes next season, then we have a problem

Mistakes like throwing ints???

Sorry dont care how good you are you are going to make mistakes and throw picks. Just b/c a Qb throws picks dont make you a bad QB.

Manning threw 6 picks earlier. 3x as many pics jc has ever thrown in one game

Romo sits to pee threw FIVE in one half

Favre, to this day, still throw some of the most horrendous looking pics but he's still a lock for the HOF.

Stop using the premise good QBs dont make mistakes.

Sorry dont care how good you are you are going to make mistakes and throw picks. Just b/c a Qb throws picks dont make you a bad QB.

Favre, to this day, still throw some of the most horrendous looking pics but he's still a lock for the HOF.

you're reading way too much into my post. its not so much the INT that he throws, its when he throws them. i have confidence that he will correct that and become a great QB here in washington.

I honestly believe that Campbell is on his way to becoming a good qb. I don't think he will ever be a great qb. But I have seen signs that he can be very effective. He has had games where he had 9 drops and still completed sixty percent. He has kept us in games all year with no pass protection and no run game. Am I comfortable or confident. Not yet, but I do think the kid has something.

he needs to manage the game better. and "FINISH" the games. we have problems in the 2nd half and he threw several INts during the closing minutes which is really bad. but i hope saunders and campbell stay. and hopefully GW as HC

I think that part of the problems in the 2nd half was conservative playcalling. And don't just say "oh not that again". They ADMITTED in several games that they changed the playcalling in the 2nd half. Also...just watch the games that were close and we won or we lost after being ahead but then losing the lead and having to try and come from behind with very little time left. Take a look at the packages they used. They would be using a good amount of spread packages and let JC loose in the 1st half and then in the 2nd all of a sudden you see almost nothing but max protect packages with 1 or MAYBE 2 WRs. At least until we fall behind without much time left and are forced to open it up again.

JC made critical mistakes late in a couple games, yes. But that happens for pretty much any young QB who has the game thrust on his shoulders like that late in the game. Aikman was talking one time about how it takes some time and experience to lead comeback wins in the 4th quarter. And I'd say he knows a thing or two about being a QB in the NFL. Lets also remember that in those 2 games (TB, Dallas) Campbell was able to move us up and down the field when we were down and at least get us back in a position to score (over and over in the case of the Dallas game where we just decided to stop covering TO). That isn't bad for a young QB. Hopefully this year Saunders will stay and have total control and will open the offense up and leave it open. Then we will see what he can really do.

Not just the INTs and when he throws them, but the fact that he fumbles in a defender breathes on him.

HTTR

I am probably gonna get bashed but i needed to ask.

Is jason cambell really our answer at quarterback. I keep hearing he has potential and is improving but i feel he should be progressing quicker then he is. he still has some accuracy issues and a slow release. Plus he does make some mistakes that hurt this team this year.

Mr. T and Chuck Norris once encountered each other on a lonesome British path. Before the inevitable battle could begin, the earth **** itself and created Scotland.

I agree with some of the postings that I saw in that Jason Campbell's receivers dropped a lot of balls. There were a lot in the Green Bay game, not to mention the turnovers. That was in the early part of the season. In the latter part of the season, Jason was making inaccurate reads and forcing things leading to turnovers also fumbling the ball. I am for giving him a chance. He has only a little over a season under his belt. There is no reason to go out and get a quarterback until we know what we have. I don't think that it is necessarily a make or break year for Jason Campbell, but I would like to see some improvement over this year. More touchdowns to INTs and definitely reduce the amount of fumbles he has. That would be mark of improvement. He will probably be measured whether or not he can get us to the playoffs this year. I don't know if that is necessarily a good indication as we might get more injuries next year. It is very hard for a wild card team to get back into the playoffs back to back. That being said, I really like Campbell and I hope that he does well.

Its not only the picks. how many fumbles did he lose. if i remember correctly he lost atleast 2 vs the pats.

I think JC can be the long term answer, but we may need to tailor the offense to his skillset a bit more. I think his long term success will depend on the talent he is surrounded by and what offensive system he plays in. I don't think he has pinpoint accuracy or great touch on his short passes or his really deep passes (he lazers the midrange passes really well though) and his game would really benefit from some taller recivers with more reach. If JC has to keep throwing to our current receivers with the timing required in this offense and he will probably continue to struggle.

"He'll (TC) call for a shift with only 8 seconds left on the play clock, confident he'll still have time to get off the play. He's finding receivers Campbell never spotted, particularly Clinton Portis, who is having a career receiving year out of the backfield."

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/cgi-bin/read/2008/01_02-16/SPO

TC schooled JC

I learned how to put you on the ignore list.

YOU schooled ME.

Excuse me---it's still first round. How is he being an ___ for giving his opinion?

That's a POS post from you just because you don't liek what's being said.

Hey, here's one for you--Derek Anderson was picked same year as Jason. Brady won the SB in his second year in the league after taking over for an ineffective QB.

Stop making excuses. What, is it 1-3 more years for every 5-10 draft spots that you have to wait for someone to pay off in the draft?

I agree!

You have laid the foundation for the argument that Collins should be out of the league now. Regardless of round selected....he did nothing for 10 years! Moreover, his first season as a starter? It was worse than Campbell's! Get rid of that loser now!!!.... :applause:

btw...betcha Saunders is ouotta here before Campbell!..... ;)

Archived