Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Jason Cambell the answer at quarter back (merged)

boston skins fan

I am not sold on him yet. I remember Trent Green coming from the bench (started the first time in a Monday Nighter back in 98, playing well against the 49ers) and lead the Skins to 6-10 finish down the road (after starting the season 0-7). Looking back it seems to me that Green developed much quicker.

At the same (and to be fair) the jury is still out on Campell. He had some terrible games this year (e.g. second half against the Giants at home, Tampa Bay, Buffalo). But assuming Williams becomes HC in 2008 and he retains Saunders then, Campell should get another shot. Anyway 2008 will be a make it or break year for Campell.

I am probably gonna get bashed but i needed to ask.

Is jason cambell really our answer at quarterback. I keep hearing he has potential and is improving but i feel he should be progressing quicker then he is. he still has some accuracy issues and a slow release. Plus he does make some mistakes that hurt this team this year.

No. Gibbs worse blunder other than time management. :doh:

Bury your head in the sand

Truth hurts

Edit

I might just have my next Sig, Thanks rhyno :applause:

I don't think you understand the point of my post. First, I hate posting in these JC threads because the majority of these are just repetitive garbage. Actually, I don't usually read them, but I'm kind of bored, so...

My point is this: you stated your "opinion" that Todd "schooled" Jason. Another poster refuted that statement. You then went on to support your statement with some exerpts from a couple articles. The essense of those articles was that Jason was being attentive on the sidelines while Todd was in there and he perhaps learned a couple things from watching him. In that sense, I guess you could say TC educated JC or something like that. However,the term "schooled" refers to something different. For example, Santana schooled Roy Williams by catching two bombs on him in the Dallas game a couple years ago. For TC to "school" JC Todd would have had to play at some profound level that made Jason's play look like he should be playing in the arena league or something.

So, your "support" is "bs" in my "opinion."

;)

BTW - I agree with your original post (minus the schooled thing), so there :silly:

If Jason can somehow get faster at his reads(progression) reading the defense and throw the ball on time or to a spot he can be that guy. He has a lot going for him already. I'd like to see a little more fire from him too..but he may be a Tim Duncan..which isn't necessarily a bad thing in that regard.

Archived