Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could we ever love Cowher?

Touchdown Redskins

Ill love him if he is a good coach and wins

I always liked him as a coach, now that hes on that football show, I hate him. Hes too nice, he jokes too much, and smiles too much

When he was a coach he had a rep for being a mean ass dude, always on the sidelines intimidating people. Obviously the opposite of Gibbs

The process is going to be a long one but in the end it is going to come down to whomever Dan Snyder feels is the best choice for the Redskins with the advice of Joe Gibbs. Yes, believe it or not Joe Gibbs will have a say in the process. I feel good about what has happened and how Dan Snyder has changed his spending ways because of Gibbs. The next Head Coach of the Washington Redskins is going to be picked due to patience and the right feeling by Dan Snyder not because of money. Dan will give up the money but it won't be for the big splash that all the media says he will do. I have to give Dan Snyder a well deserved "that a boy" for learning somethging more valuable than winning and that is patience from a man named Joe Gibbs.

Consistent winning could make me love anyone. However, anyone who comes in and significantly changes the character of our Redskins built by Gibbs will at least initially fall out of favor with me in a big way. Cowher would draw a higher level of scrutiny from me if he blows the team up, but again, winning solves everything really. It will just take time to earn the love.

Unlikely, but I'm hoping that Joe's family talks him out of it.

Cowher says he's not ready to return next year. IF true, then Snyder should give G. Williams a shot, let Al continue his work with tenderfoot,Campbell, who's shown real promise.

Retain Collins ,who clearly has already got it, and give him a raise.

Pick up a pass rusher!

With annual post season appearances and a Super Bowl win in the next 5 years, I would admit that I was wrong about him.

Ask a Steeler fan how they felt having Cowher replace a man in who had won 4 Super Bowls in Pittsburgh. Noll was arguably every bit as big there as Gibbs was here.

There are just as many here that hate him as there are that like him.

Cowher replaced Knoll as the face of the steelers...Pittsburgh fans would cringe to see him go anywhere else. Imagine Joe going to the Falcons....exactly...He would not do it for any price. I would not be happy with a coach that comes here just because the price is right. He would be taking the job for the wrong reasons....We have dedicated and well paid Coaches that can continue the ride to another SB.

Just Look at all the HC candidates we have:

Gray

Blache

Saunders

Williams

We have been building for the last 4 years with the same guys. It would be stupid to blow it up and start over.

It took 15years for Cowher to win his one and only SB.

I'm kind of divided on Cowher. My biggest problem with him is I think he'd change us to a 3-4, which we just flat out don't have the personnel to do. However he would insist on having his people and FO control, and anything that could potentially get Cerrato out of the building is a good thing.

I woke up thinking this morning, "What if Cowher really is the next coach of the Redskins?" He would be replacing an icon. Joe Gibbs, for better or for worse, is synonymous with the Skins, just as Cowher is synonymous with the Steelers. Could we love someone who is replacing an icon after the most trying year in Redskins history? Could you love someone whose name will never be associated with our team? Even if he wins a Superbowl, he'll be considered a "gun for higher" like Parcells. If he brought about another decade of glory years, could you bring yourself to put him on the same pedestal as Gibbs? I don't know if I could.

If Bill Cowher was our next head coach I would throw all my support behind him. I would prefer Williams but the decision is ultimately out of my hands so I'll support whoever Snyder hires. And if he started pulling in Super Bowls and consistent playoff births I would certainly put him in the same league as Gibbs.

I don't doubt Cowher's coaching ability at all, but I don't know. Obviously, I can't say whether we'd love him or not because we haven't had him as our coach and experienced anything with him on our team. To me he just is a Steeler in and out, which makes me skeptical... not to say he won't try with the Redskins, I just don't know how much 'he' himself would WANT to be a Redskin... Just a thought.

Archived