Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I say the new coach comes from within (merged)

artmonkforHOF

Looks like Williams has the edge over Saunders. Either way I dont think this team will hire a new head coach like Cowher and here's why:

A new coach will ALWAYS look to bring in some of his own guys as soon as possible. And with us being $20mill over the cap, that handcuffs any new guy who comes in. Not only would there be a fire sale to get rid of what he doesnt want, he would have to do a pre fire sale jsut to get us under teh cap in order to make some moves. This would leave us with a very thin roster for at least 2 years, maybe even longer, and probably another 3 years to build a winner. Im sorry but 5 years is too long to build a winner in professional sports. The critics, both professional and fans would not stand for it and by year 4 of 3-13, 4-12 seasons the new guy would be gone.

In short, I dont think ther is any way an outsider comes to coach for us, unless Danny backs up a Brinks truck so big that only a fool would turn it down. Even if that happens, I don't think we will get teh best man for the job, just the greediest.

Guest sith lord

Keep it in house all you want, we'll suffer through the same mediocracy that we've suffered through over the past 4 years.

Listening to Snyder just now, sounds like he did not want to disrupt what Joe has put together, without saying so, it really sounded like he MAY keep it In-House.

Was I hearing things?

No, I don't think you were hearing things.

I agree that Snyder likes what is going on now that Gibbs has touched the team.

Disrupting it destroys the 4 years of hard work they all did "together".

I think Gibbs has helped Danny finally understand thinking on the long-term, rather than the FA short term.

Danny is much better off having worked with Gibbs for 4 straight years.

I agree.I think it will stay in house.just by what Gibbs said about seeing this process to the end kind of tells me that its going to be 1 of his guys to finish it.I really hope it GW,we need to keep the same guys running this team.the defense has really gelled and the offense will come together with JC back healthy.lets keep it in house

Posted at 4:04 PM ET, 01/ 8/2008

My Early Reaction To The Presser

For all fo the yapping about continuity and stability, sure sounds like a blood-letting is upon us.

Owner Dan Snyder was given multiple opportunity to endorse an in-house candidate, and specifically Gregg Williams, and declined to do so, talking about their "process." The only definitive thing he did say if that they don't need a GM, and he's looking for a coach only. He loves their player procurement model, which involved him have intimate involvement in all aspects of negotiations.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/?hpid=topnews

I dont know it sounds like Danny wants to make a big splash

Posted at 4:04 PM ET, 01/ 8/2008

My Early Reaction To The Presser

For all fo the yapping about continuity and stability, sure sounds like a blood-letting is upon us.

Owner Dan Snyder was given multiple opportunity to endorse an in-house candidate, and specifically Gregg Williams, and declined to do so, talking about their "process." The only definitive thing he did say if that they don't need a GM, and he's looking for a coach only. He loves their player procurement model, which involved him have intimate involvement in all aspects of negotiations.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/?hpid=topnews

I dont know it sounds like Danny wants to make a big splash

This article is stupid in my opinion. Today's presser was about Joe Gibbs resigning as coach. That's it. Do these reporters actually expect them to announce a new head coach at the same time? LOL. Give JG his 1 day in the spotlight. Worry about replacing him tomorrow.

This article is stupid in my opinion. Today's presser was about Joe Gibbs resigning as coach. That's it. Do these reporters actually expect them to announce a new head coach at the same time? LOL. Give JG his 1 day in the spotlight. Worry about replacing him tomorrow.

I do not think they expected that at all, but it is there job to speculate...and with certain questions and anwsers by Synder this is all JLC did...it is kinda his job...

The facts is that Snyder could have said (or could have given us a hint) he will hire someone from the inside, but he didn't. He's looking for a coach and I don't think he will change his way. Meaning he will probably look for some big name outside.

When you're ready to rejoin the real world. Let us know.

Everybody KNEW this would be what the presser is like. If they didn't WANT that. They wouldn't have had Mr. Snyder up there also.

From the presser itself, I agree with the folks that Mr. Snyder is at least alittle interested in making a big splash. Williams would make too much sense to be honest.

The GM stuff is nonsense. If it ain't broke? Come on. Get a GM...and let that guy hire your coach. Hopefully he sticks with the current staff.

Keep it in house all you want, we'll suffer through the same mediocracy that we've suffered through over the past 4 years.

2 playoff runs out of 4 years isn't bad.........yes, we didnt win any division and didnt make the championship game.............but starting over is a big step back and why not build on the progress we made this season.........a new coach= new system, new philosphy etc.......that smells like mediocracy to me if we go that route.

The facts is that Snyder could have said (or could have given us a hint) he will hire someone from the inside, but he didn't. He's looking for a coach and I don't think he will change his way. Meaning he will probably look for some big name outside.

Snyder has to at least interview one minority candidate for the job (per the Rooney rule).

He would never simply say that GW is the new coach - because he can't.

When you're ready to rejoin the real world. Let us know.

Everybody KNEW this would be what the presser is like. If they didn't WANT that. They wouldn't have had Mr. Snyder up there also.

From the presser itself, I agree with the folks that Mr. Snyder is at least alittle interested in making a big splash. Williams would make too much sense to be honest.

The GM stuff is nonsense. If it ain't broke? Come on. Get a GM...and let that guy hire your coach. Hopefully he sticks with the current staff.

Real world? Your right, it's prefectly reasonable to conclude there is, and i quote, "a blood letting upon us" just from the fact that Danny and Gibbs didnt want to address who the next guy might be. :rolleyes:

GW was a head coach in Buffalo and didn’t succeed. He came here and learned form a true HOF coach? He was taught how to lead, handle the press, handle adversity and have his team give its all. His defense plays with an attitude and has carried the skins all but one year. Why, get this guy ready to be a HC then throw him out for someone else to benefit from?

Archived