Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I say the new coach comes from within (merged)

artmonkforHOF

I personally thought that Williams was already a pretty big name. I definitely think that if Snyder wanted to please the fans he'd promote him.

Your right he is our big name. So why consider anyone else? You have what you need already here. No need to open the purse and pay a coach 10 million to come here like this is the worst team in tne league. Thats something Detroit need to do not the Skins.

GW was a head coach in Buffalo and didn’t succeed. He came here and learned form a true HOF coach? He was taught how to lead, handle the press, handle adversity and have his team give its all. His defense plays with an attitude and has carried the skins all but one year. Why, get this guy ready to be a HC then throw him out for someone else to benefit from?

Here's a question, how many of Gibbs former assts have gone on to be good head coaches?

I hope we won't. I think it would be foolish to do anything but promote from within. Like Jason Campbell said, we need continuity. And if we go any other way, we are breaking up this team and starting from scratch. I don't want that. It will mean all of What Gibbs did is for nothing.

I have a question about Williams.

If he was to become our next head coach; are their anymore coaches in Buffalo who he might want to come over here?

Also, now that he is hypathetically a head coach again, would they want to come here?

He had Dick LeBeau coaching LBs in Buffalo. IIRC they offered him an asst coach job here, but he had the Steelers DC job available to him.

I also think Kevin Gilbride was his OC. He's doing that now with the Giants.

1. Hand picked by Joe Gibbs to run the D upon his return.

2. Top 10 D's in 3 of 4 seasons.

3. Respected by the defensive players and coaches.

4. Saunders would probably stay under GW thus continuing Campbells growth in the same system for a third year.

5. Bring immediate stability into a naturally unstable situation.

Makes a little to much sense to promote GW for our front office if you ask me.

Ask youself the same quesion? How many ex HC have gone on to win a SuperBowl for more than one team?

Did I bring up Cowher?

Hey, you're the one who brought up Gibbs "training." What successful HCs has he trained?

Does Gibbs have a Bill Walsh coaching tree?

BTW I'm not trying to slight Gibbs. Lombardi's coaching staffs didn't produce many good coaches either. Sometimes it's just the man.

ive looked through other threads and everything is just talking about GW or an out of town guy being the head coach with barely discussing AS as a possibility . but is Al saunders a possibilty for HC; i mean, GW was horrible in buffalo(but yes that wasnt the best team) so i dont think i want to go there. so why not saundres. it seems like everyone is saying that if GW isnt hired then it will be someone not in this organization but saunders seems like the best option to me especially given how well his offfense worked with Collins with protection and in Kansas City

Archived