Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring back Marty ? (merged)

Pete

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH GREGG WILLIAMS!!!!!

why cant he just be the coach why is everyone looking to go somewhere else i dont understand it at all please someone explain

15-31

Management hated him

Fans hated him

Players hated him except London

I read back some of the articlues were he was coach and it was bad. He is a smug,arrogant buttmunch. And honestly we've only had 1 really good defense under him and that was his 1st year he just blitzed everyone to death i loved it. Every since that 1st season he has went completely vanilla playing scared. He has been to arrogant or not a good enough coach to make adjustments on the fly. That NE game was a prime example lets just sit back and let them throw dinks all game while chewing us up. Last year we were 31st in defense. This year we had 2 of the best blitzing safetys in the NFL who can really lay wood but what do we do put them 100 yards off the ball. GW plays scared anymore not sure what happened to him. Thats why i admire Jim Johnson from Philly every year he brings it and makes adjustments on the fly.

15-31

Management hated him

Fans hated him

Players hated him except London

I read back some of the articlues were he was coach and it was bad. He is a smug,arrogant buttmunch. And honestly we've only had 1 really good defense under him and that was his 1st year he just blitzed everyone to death i loved it. Every since that 1st season he has went completely vanilla playing scared. He has been to arrogant or not a good enough coach to make adjustments on the fly. That NE game was a prime example lets just sit back and let them throw dinks all game while chewing us up. Last year we were 31st in defense. This year we had 2 of the best blitzing safetys in the NFL who can really lay wood but what do we do put them 100 yards off the ball. GW plays scared anymore not sure what happened to him. Thats why i admire Jim Johnson from Philly every year he brings it and makes adjustments on the fly.

those saftey were leading the league in ints also, they arent just hard hitters as u saw in the seatle game from landry and from what st was doing when he played i dono bout u but id rather have ints than sacks

the NE game plz dont use that as an example our offense didnt exactly help gws D with 3 fumbles and we were gonna win that game the way they had been playing

and u have to give some the players in buffalo credit for that record he had almost no talent, id say having a top 10 D 3/4 years is good

he has earned a chance with this team, and i will be upset if doesnt atleast get a shot if only for a year. ST would want gw as the coach an so do I

those saftey were leading the league in ints also, they arent just hard hitters as u saw in the seatle game from landry and from what st was doing when he played i dono bout u but id rather have ints than sacks

the NE game plz dont use that as an example our offense didnt exactly help gws D with 3 fumbles and we were gonna win that game the way they had been playing

and u have to give some the players in buffalo credit for that record he had almost no talent, id say having a top 10 D 3/4 years is good

he has earned a chance with this team, and i will be upset if doesnt atleast get a shot if only for a year. ST would want gw as the coach an so do I

TO EACH THIER OWN...

Marty,Marty,Marty,Marty swallow your pride Danny and make it happen.

The Skins need to win in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl don't they?It didn't work out the first time between Snyder and Marty, so why would it now.

I was always amazed of how Marty took that team to an 8-8 record. The skins had nobody. They got themselves out of the Cap problems. I thought he was good for the Skins. Still do. I dont think there is anyway that he would comeback here or that Snyder would even want him back here. I just think he did the Redskins well during his time here and wish he could have stayed longer.......

TO EACH THIER OWN...

Marty,Marty,Marty,Marty swallow your pride Danny and make it happen.

Especially if Snyder wants Cowher so much. Cowher is Marty Jr. and doesn't want to coach here. Why overpay for someone who doesn't want the job?

Hire Marty for the regular season, find someone else to take over for the playoffs. It could be a new trend. Relief Coaching! :laugh:

Especially if Snyder wants Cowher so much. Cowher is Marty Jr. and doesn't want to coach here. Why overpay for someone who doesn't want the job?

Hire Marty for the regular season, find someone else to take over for the playoffs. It could be a new trend. Relief Coaching! :laugh:

Lets be real Marty can only do so much that guy has had terrible luck in some of his playoff games. Byner solely cost him 1 SB trip with his boneheaded fumble on the 1, then the famous drive by Elway killed another season. Only 2 teams make it to the SB every year and you gotta have some luck.

But he also built a great program in Cleveland, KC, and SD. He won 8 outta his last 11 here with a gutted roster and Tony Banks at Qb. He woulda had us on the same track the guy is a flatout winner who has been unlucky in not getting past the AFC championship game.

We would defintely be better then the 31-36 we have been the past 4 seasons.

id rather have the option of a sack and having the qb scramble which could lead to more INT, all of the defenses in the final four this year had front fours that could hit the qb every play

If you play a conservative offense, and put an emphasis on defense, you can win more games than you lose because half the teams in the league will beat themselves given half a chance. But your team won't fare well against the better, more balanced teams in the league come playoff time. Marty and George Allen knew this. They were more interested in keeping a job than in winning Super Bowls.

I was always amazed of how Marty took that team to an 8-8 record. The skins had nobody. They got themselves out of the Cap problems. I thought he was good for the Skins.

The Skins were a competent kicker away from makinga deep playoff run the previous year, despite Westbrook and Brad Johnson being injured. We had nobody? Are you kidding? We had the best RB in the NFL in Stephen Davis, a healthy Westborrk, who had led the leagues in YPC just two years before, the best pass-catching RB in the NFL, Larry Centers...until Schothead cut him for not taking off his hat during a team meeting... :doh: Ki-Jana Carter had the only good year of his career. Our O-line had no injuries, and both Jansen and Samuels were in their primes. We still had Roland Bailey. BDW, despite being way overpriced, was a solid DT and was healthy.

We had the EASIEST schedule in the NFL that year, and NO significant injuries - it's a reflection of just how bad Schitt-and-hammers was that we only went .500. Had we just kept Robiskie, we would've easily gone at least 10-6. And before everyone repeats the same nonsense about finishing strong - we didn't. Once we were in contention for the playoffs, we finished 3-3. The only reason we started out 0-5 is because Herr Marty refused to run the ball. He had Stephen Davis block so he could throw 3 yard passes to Kevin Lockett and Rod Gardner.

ANd don't forget the lousy job Herr Marty did as GM. A terrible draft, big contracts to yes-man like Donnell Bennett and Kevin Lockett, cutting Larry Centers. His only good move was cutting Stubblefield.

The Skins were a competent kicker away from makinga deep playoff run the previous year, despite Westbrook and Brad Johnson being injured. We had nobody? Are you kidding? We had the best RB in the NFL in Stephen Davis, a healthy Westborrk, who had led the leagues in YPC just two years before, the best pass-catching RB in the NFL, Larry Centers...until Schothead cut him for not taking off his hat during a team meeting... :doh: Ki-Jana Carter had the only good year of his career. Our O-line had no injuries, and both Jansen and Samuels were in their primes. We still had Roland Bailey. BDW, despite being way overpriced, was a solid DT and was healthy.

We had the EASIEST schedule in the NFL that year, and NO significant injuries - it's a reflection of just how bad Schitt-and-hammers was that we only went .500. Had we just kept Robiskie, we would've easily gone at least 10-6. And before everyone repeats the same nonsense about finishing strong - we didn't. Once we were in contention for the playoffs, we finished 3-3. The only reason we started out 0-5 is because Herr Marty refused to run the ball. He had Stephen Davis block so he could throw 3 yard passes to Kevin Lockett and Rod Gardner.

ANd don't forget the lousy job Herr Marty did as GM. A terrible draft, big contracts to yes-man like Donnell Bennett and Kevin Lockett, cutting Larry Centers. His only good move was cutting Stubblefield.

Did you forget all of the Salary Cap issues and the what may as well been called the Over the hill gang 2 or the Has beens? The Skins needed a shake up. You can only continue to Pay people Like Deion Sanders for nothing for so long then it catches up to you.....

When I said nobody i was talking about who played the year Marty was here. Wasnt the QB that year Tony Banks. Winning even one game with him is an accomplishment. It was well known that there needed to be a shake up.

Centers was cut because he would'nt train with the team instead wanted to stay in arizona and train and honestly he was'nt the blocking back that Shotty needed anyway.

Unfortunately, it won't happen.

He is a great (regular season) coach who can really be a winner with the right personnel. I think this team could fit with Marty right away. Too bad Danny boy messed that up :(

Marty was a good coach period and I think he would have eventually made it in the superbowl with the Chargers. You look at the days in Cleveland and how close they were well it wasnt Marty's fault Byner fumbled on the 1 yard line. This guy built that Charger team and I think they fired him too early. I think the GM in San Diego is an idiot because I believe if Brees were still there with Marty they would have made some major noise last year and this year. Marty is one of the best coaches in history(just look at his stats), There are several coaches who couldnt win superbowls for years until they were in the right situation(usually a stud QB) and I believe that was the case with marty. I would love to have him back because he wins football games.

marty ball was boring, cam cameron ran the show in SD if I remember what I read correctly. Cam was the one who opened up the offense there.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to see this happen because I think marty would be a good coach.

But Dan, Vinny, and him would NEVER agree on players. Maybe that's a good thing though. We need someone who will fight and argue with the braintrust of Vinny and dan when it comes to drafting players and FA

Centers was cut because he would'nt train with the team instead wanted to stay in arizona and train and honestly he was'nt the blocking back that Shotty needed anyway.

That was the original story, but the Post later broke that he had decided to cut Centers because Centers didn't take off his hat at a team meeting.

He ended up in Buffalo and was the starting FB in the Pro Bowl. For a guy who insisted on turning a smashmouth team into a WCO, Centers would've been the perfect back.

Did you forget all of the Salary Cap issues and the what may as well been called the Over the hill gang 2 or the Has beens? The Skins needed a shake up. You can only continue to Pay people Like Deion Sanders for nothing for so long then it catches up to you.....

When I said nobody i was talking about who played the year Marty was here. Wasnt the QB that year Tony Banks. Winning even one game with him is an accomplishment. It was well known that there needed to be a shake up.

Many of those cap problems were exacerbated because Marty insisted on squeezing Deion rather than just cutting him post-June 1. He insisted on a power play, and all he got for it was Deion taking 500k less of his 2nd bonus. As for Tony Banks, Trent Dilfer was there for the taking, and Schothead passed over him to take Banks instead. :doh1: Blaming him for managing with Banks is like asking people to feel sorry for a guy who kills his parents because he's an orphan.

Why relive that again? Marty would be too humble to consider coming back after what happened in 2001. He's a great coach, but I think it would be way too nice of him to want to come back after what happened that season. It's been reported that Snyder and Schottenheimer have talked since then, but would it be wise for Marty to coach the Redskins again considering the unfair way in which he left?

Archived