Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring back Marty ? (merged)

Pete

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

For the love of God, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Did you watch football the year Marty was here? He came back from an 0-5 start and had a very promising year. If we actually had a QB that year and not Tony Banks imagine how good we could have been. Unfortunately you, me, and everyone else does not know how good he could have been because Snyder would not give up full control of the front office to Marty.

Didn't Danny say firing Marty was his biggest mistake as an owner? Or was that just because of how he followed up that mistake.:)

I'de love to bring Marty back. I'm a fan. The only way to follow a HoF coach, I would think, is with another one and that only leaves Marty.

Columbia, Md.: While Coach Gibbs lead the Redskins organization with class and brought some stability, I think the second era of Gibbs served to show how good Bobby Beathard, and later, Charlie Casserly were. This time there were a number of horrendous personnel moves, starting with paying way too high a price for Mark Brunell. I also think they suffer from "too many cooks" syndrome on the coaching side.

It would be music to my ears to hear the Redskins announce they will immediately start the search for a GM, but I know that's not going to happen. I can't help but wonder where we would be if we had just kept Marty.

Mark Maske: Why not bring back Marty Schottenheimer? He certainly had success in San Diego, and he and Dan Snyder have been on good terms since he left.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2008/01/04/DI2008010402939.html

That thud you just heard upstairs was Mr. Snyder falling out of his chair. :)

Just a little thinking outside the ol box :laugh:

Pete I love ya man but....are you high? No way!

No such luck........... But I may get drunk tonight ;)

I always liked Marty. His teams have always been very competitive, in this era and in eras past.

Hiring him as head coach will likely have us as a 12-14 win team within a year or two.

That said, I believe that that bridge has already been burned and that he is unlikely to return.

I like what we have going right now, and I hope that we retain GW and give full control of the offense to AS.

Archived