Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Gibbs Back Next Season?

JDSkins47

Do I think he comes back?

Not sure. I think this has been a draining season for him and I could see him wanting to step away and have time with his family again. I'll be interested to hear if he's asked about it on Monday and what his response will be. But since this is Yes or No I'll go with Yes he'll be back.

Do I want him back?

I'm back to where I was prior to the Bills game. While I still don't think he has done a particularly good job this time around and is not nearly the coach he was back in his 1.0 days, he's earned the right to finish his contract if he wants to.

Yes.

However' date=' if his health or Grandson's deteriorates (god forbid) to the point he feels he can't handle it, give him the job Parcells has with the Dolphins. He's done darn better than a lot of us thought he could as a talent evaluator. Just needs to let Al and Gregg run their parts and get them the right pieces.[/quote']

I second that: good call

After a season like this, many a coach would be worn out and may be introspective about their future. In this case, I don't think that's going to happen. No way Coach leaves this team any more than they want to leave. I think he stays.

I think he will be back but it would be better if he took a higher position in the organization. He looks very drained after this long season. Isn't he like 70? I'm not sure he can handle such a long season lasting til February.Just concerned about his age and he just doesn't look very good.

I' d also like a coach that shows some emotions (not afraid to yell) and shows a little fire inside. I don't see that in Gibbs.

All in all Gibbs is a good guy, he probably will be back;I just hope he delegates some authority to others so he can get more rest.

Archived