Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

a little bit of a boring fight with a very boring ending but gamboa did dominate. i hope he was telling the truth when he said he was trying to carry him but i cant imagine why you would want to do that especially when your trying to make a name for yourself to get some real big fights.

NO racism with the Klitschko's. They stated when they started boxing that they would never fight each other. They both want to retire as heavyweight champions. Seeing as there is no competition in the heavyweight ranks currently, they'll get their wish.
:ols: :ninja:

They need to retire then :yawnee:

They may be good, but boring as hell. Say what you want about Punisher, boring's not what comes to mind.

http://boxingalongthebeltway.blogspot.com/2011/09/could-khan-peterson-land-in-dc.html

There are a lot of rumblings going around about this one. Unified Junior Welterweight champion Amir Khan told ESPN.com's Dan Rafael that he would like one more bout at 140 pounds before moving up to welterweight, and that bout looks like it's going to be against DC's own Lamont Peterson. The bout would take place on Saturday, December 10 and would be televised by HBO.

There are a number of locations being discussed for the bout and DC is apparently very high on the list. Khan recently visited the Nation's Capital during a visit by American Muslim athletes. Even though Khan is from England, he trains regularly in the United States, primarily at the Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, California. Khan said he enjoyed the city and is willing to fight here. Constitution Hall, which last hosted a boxing card in March of 2002, would possibly be the venue.

Peterson was offered a shot at Khan after his draw with Victor Ortiz (who fights Floyd Mayweather, Jr. this Saturday) back in December but turned it down because of the money and the terms of the rematch clause. Now, Peterson is one of Khan's mandatory challengers which means he can turn down the rematch clause if he desires.

In a related development, Washington Examiner Columnist Thom Loverro says that should the Khan-Peterson bout take place here, Brandywine, MD heavyweight Seth Mitchell would be added to the card, provided he wins tonight in Las Vegas.

So does this Ortiz kid have a chance saturday?

If Mayweather is still as motivated, fast, and hungry as he has been in his prime, no. But Mayweather is not exactly young anymore. I think Ortiz is going to be relying on merely his power and is not quite polished enough in the overall boxing game.

If Mayweather wins, then everyone will have their eyes on Manny vs. Marquez who are in for their 3rd war.....

NOPE!!! Ortiz will get outboxed for 9 rounds, before getting TKO'ed in 10. Floyd is too fast offensively and his defense is superb. Just hope it's a good fight.

Pretty much how I expect it to go.

If Mayweather is still as motivated, fast, and hungry as he has been in his prime, no. But Mayweather is not exactly young anymore. I think Ortiz is going to be relying on merely his power and is not quite polished enough in the overall boxing game.

If Mayweather wins, then everyone will have their eyes on Manny vs. Marquez who are in for their 3rd war.....

I doubt Pac/Marquez 3 is much of a war at all. Marquez isn't any good at that higher weight and he's been getting touched up and dropped (despite coming back to win) against lesser opponents than Pac. Now Marquez could just be horrific style matchup for Pacquiao, but Pac has gotten alot better since their last fight. Marquez is too brave for his own good and he'll get stopped in the mid rounds because of it.

Edited by StillUnknown

I don't think he's ready for prime time. He may catch Floyd with a good shot a la Shane Mosely, but it will be the same outcome. Floyd with a very convincing win. A lot of folks want him to lose, but Ortiz isn't the one. Floyd would have to be very rusty for Ortiz to have more than a puncher's chance. Too much defense and a better offense. Is Ortiz ready to be under the big lights in Vegas? The question will be answered tonight. He quit against Maidana, got a draw against Peterson, won a decision against Berto (no defense). We shall see.

Pretty much how I expect it to go.

I doubt Pac/Marquez 3 is much of a war at all. Marquez isn't any good at that higher weight and he's been getting touched up and dropped (despite coming back to win) against lesser opponents than Pac. Now Marquez could just be horrific style matchup for Pacquiao, but Pac has gotten alot better since their last fight. Marquez is too brave for his own good and he'll get stopped in the mid rounds because of it.

You are probably right about the higher weight class, it sure isn't ideal for Marquez. I do think his technical skills are a bit overlooked though which why he had some success against Pac before. Lets not forget that the second fight was a split decision and a ton of folks felt Marquez won. Still picking Pac though.

Golden Boy inks Devon Alexander

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/golden-boy-inks-alexander-95742

Golden Boy hasn't had a lot of success in recent times. They have their hopes riding on Canelo & Ortiz. Now add Alexander to the mix.

Gotta love the quote from Paulie M. after Alexander said this.

Alexander: "If I fought Malignaggi, it would be a stepping stone,” said Alexander. “I’m at the top of my game right now.”

Malignaggie: “Top of your game?” countered Malignaggi. “Last time I checked, neither one of us have a title – and you lost your last three fights.”

So true!!! :ols:

So I ordered the fight and in the middle of watching the prefight show it goes blank and tell me event can no longer be purchased. I call verizon and they said there is nothing they can do about this. What the **** is anybody else having an issue... You have to order the fight before 8pm on verizon and I did that but after that it went blank and tells me its no longer allowed to be purchased.... What in the world???