Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Mayweather is not simply a counter puncher though. That would be selling him short. He is great at counter punching, yes, but his left hook, jab, and combinations are tools that he uses very effectively.

His power is deceptive. He might not have the one punch flash KO power at the higher weight divisions that he did in the lower ones, but you can see how he uses the first six rounds or so to break the will of his opponents via volume punching and great defense, and it forces his opponents to get frustrated and start taking chances, and that is when Mayweather gets aggressive and his output goes up and his opponents suddenly don't see the punches coming and boom, staggered.

LOL. He was implying that since JMM is a counter puncher and gave Pac problems and Floyd dominated him, he'd do the same to Pac which is not true. IMO, the only clear cut advantage Floyd has is defense. I saw some kinks in Floyd's armor that I NEVER saw before this past Saturday.

Dude come on man if you know Boxing or been following it for a while then the only way too have a chance verus Floyd is have a good JAB and ruff him up on the inside try too smother him physically Pac can't do that even then Cotto was still losing the fight he just made it competitive. Cotto, De La Hoya and Jose Luis Castillo did that. Also when looking at those guys everytime Mayweather moved up in weight and faught them, at 147 Mayweather is too strong.

The way too beat Pac is bait him too punch wildly and counter him and FLOYD can do that way way way better than Marquez or Moralas.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

And that shoulder role he does works best against right handed fighters. There's a reason he doesn't like fighting southpaws. Pacquiao is faster and hits harder than Cotto and Floyd knows that. That's the real reason this fight hasn't been made. If Floyd was confident that he'd beat Pac, he would have NEVER brought up the PED's crap and he would have fought him by now. He even recently said he was afraid for his health by fighting Pacquiao.

And don't give me that Floyd is to strong. Was De La Hoya, Cotto, Mosley or Clotty to strong?

Edited by DM72

And that shoulder role he does works best against right handed fighters. There's a reason he doesn't like fighting southpaws. Pacquiao is faster and hits harder than Cotto and Floyd knows that. That's the real reason this fight hasn't been made. If Floyd was confident that he'd beat Pac, he would have NEVER brought up the PED's crap and he would have fought him by now. He even recently said he was afraid for his health by fighting Pacquiao.

And don't give me that Floyd is to strong. Was De La Hoya, Cotto, Mosley or Clotty to strong?

De La Hoya was dead before he steped in the ring he needed a IV a hour before the fight he was so dehydrated.

Cotto CATCH WEIGHT at 145 even though Cotto had problems making 147 his last few fights and coming off getting cheated and nearly beatin to death by Margo.

Mosley was done after Mayweather fight he couldnt pull the trigger after that 2nd round gun shy.

Clottey if there ever was a paid off fighter this has too be it the man didn't throw any punches the whole fight hit Pac maybe 30 times and Pacs face looked like it got hit by a bat.

--------------------------------

MAYWEATHER fought Oscar almost 2 years before Pac and at 154 pounds a comfortable weight not one he hasn't been at in 7 years.

Mosley and Mayweather happened after Mosley came off a great win vs Margo one of the best of his career, Pac got too him after Mayweather beat him and after he had a draw vs some bum.

Cotto and Mayweather at 154 pounds Cotto's weight not weight draining him like Pac.

Pac's fights theres always some kind of politics or some issues. Hes either fighting fighters coming off loses or weight draining them or just old is hell. The only real fight that happen that was fair was Clottey and it looked shaky like Clottey was paid off.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

Is there any limits to you guys trying to discredit Pac? Cotto was a champion at 147 LB's, so I'm not trying to hear that "he was drained." I guess Margarito and Hatton was done too. Let me ask you this, when was the last time Floyd has fought a young lion like Pac is June 9? Not saying Alvarez would win, but I will guarantee you Floyd won't fight him.

Is there any limits to you guys trying to discredit Pac? Cotto was a champion at 147 LB's, so I'm not trying to hear that "he was drained." I guess Margarito and Hatton was done too. Let me ask you this, when was the last time Floyd has fought a young lion like Pac is June 9? Not saying Alvarez would win, but I will guarantee you Floyd won't fight him.

I'm not gonna discredit Pac, guy is a warrior and a great fighter but Bradley is a *****, dude ducked Khan something serious multiple times and opted to fight Joel Casamayor.

Mayweather fought Ortiz last year, 25 years old and ranked as the #2 Welterweight and the WBO champ coming off a fight of the year candidate in which he beat an undefeated hyped Andre Berto. De La Hoya and Schaefer both already said no way they are letting Canelo fight Floyd, why ruin all of his momentum as a 21 year old before he's even headlined a PPV yet?

Yeah he was the champ at 147 why make him drop too 145 when 147 he was barely holding on? Hell if its a championship fight then win the championship at that weight. STOP THE ****ING CATCH WEIGHTS. Then he fights Margo at 150 for the 154 championship.

Mayweathers last fight Ortiz power, speed,size, youth, lefty come on.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

I'm not gonna discredit Pac, guy is a warrior and a great fighter but Bradley is a *****, dude ducked Khan something serious multiple times and opted to fight Joel Casamayor.

Mayweather fought Ortiz last year, 25 years old and ranked as the #2 Welterweight and the WBO champ coming off a fight of the year candidate in which he beat an undefeated hyped Andre Berto. De La Hoya and Schaefer both already said no way they are letting Canelo fight Floyd, why ruin all of his momentum as a 21 year old before he's even headlined a PPV yet?

I don't consider what Bradley did to be a ducking Khan. He made a decision to forgo the Khan fight with the wink & nod promise from Arum that if he if beat Casamayor (which was just about guaranteed), he'd get a shot at Pac. So in essence, he skips Khan to face a harder opponent for a much larger payday.

I have my issues with Bradley, mostly because he uses his head as a weapon, but he doesn't duck people. He came up the long and hard way. He was never tabbed to be as good as he is now. He's not the most skilled or overpowering, he just works harder than just about everybody else.

Manny does have a jab AND don't forget, he's faster than both Cotto AND Mayweather. That's right, he has faster hands and he hits harder than Mayweather. That's the REAL reason pretty boy doesn't want the fight. Steroids is just a convenient smoke screen that a lot of idiots have bought into.

Keep discrediting Manny all you want, I just can't wait to see the excuses all you Floyd lovers come up with when Manny knocks pretty boy's ass out.

That is, if pretty boy find the courage to fight him.

Manny does not have a jab, He rarely uses it. All his offense is combo punches and then he backs out like a pogo stick. If he had a jab, he wouldnt have problems with guys like Marquez. When I say he doesnt have a jab, I mean its not something he is reliant on, nor is it something that will affect Mayweather. In fact, if you look at all of Roach's boxers, none of them jab. If Amir Khan had a jab, he would be one of the best boxers in the world.

And Manny is not faster than Floyd or has faster hands than Floyd, thats ridiculous. Floyd doesnt want to fight Manny because he doesnt want Arum to eat off him again. Arum doesnt want the fight because Manny is his only cash cow, and if he loses that sets him back. Thats why you have heard all these ridiculous excuses from being scared of needles to not wanting to be tired.

I am not discrediting Manny at all, but I have a big problem with him and his catchweight BS. If you are fight a champion for their title, you do it at their weight.

the other thing about the fight on Saturday is that Floyd had a cold and a hand injury before the fight. To dominate the way he did on Saturday is amazing. He is the best boxer I have ever seen, and is probably the best most people have ever seen. He effectively dominates HOFers.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

Showtime has the best crew by far (as long as they keep Gus Johnson away). I couldn't stand Antonio Tarver as a boxer, but he probably my favorite guy on commentary right now.

HBO is great when they have Jones, Kellerman, and Bob Papa. Every other combination is bad although I love when Merchant and Roy are in together because Roy loves to get on Merchant. HBO were at their best when George Foreman was in the booth tho. but I agree about Showtime having the better team.

---------- Post added May-8th-2012 at 09:55 PM ----------

Peterson failed a drug test, fight with Khan in jeopardy

EDIT: Tested positive for synthetic testosterone, yikes. Fight is probably off now

the story is that Peterson was doped up before the Khan fight. He used a testosterone pellet before that fight. He says the doctors told him to use it, but who knows. I am really disappointed in him

the Khan fight will be called off because Peterson will not be able to get a licence from Nevada.

---------- Post added May-8th-2012 at 10:06 PM ----------

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/5/8/3007608/peterson-vs-khan-vada-testosterone-hbo-boxing-news

the article I was talking about

also, brilliant image from today's Haye/Chisora press conference for their fight :ols:

M6j7t.jpg

Floyd doesnt want to fight Manny because he doesnt want Arum to eat off him again. Arum doesnt want the fight because Manny is his only cash cow, and if he loses that sets him back.

This is the reason we havent seen the fight. Money doesnt want to make money for Arum. The only reason i could see him doing it, is to destroy Arum's cash cow. But i dont see Arum letting that happen, so it will never happen.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Most people favoring Mayweather aren't really out there trashing Manny. It is more about Bob Arum and his politics. Manny has said himself he defers the decision making on his opponents to Arum. It's Arum that is carefully selecting who Manny will fight and at what weight etc etc etc, and it seems like every time Manny has fought someone over the past few years it always comes with some weird circumstances of the opponent having to do something to take them out of their element. Again, the blame is on Arum, but Manny also has the ability, especially at this stage of his career, to fire Arum.

On the other hand, the folks favoring Pac, seem to want nothing more then to preach the "Mayweather is scared" BS. It's more about how much they hate Mayweather as a person, and hardly ever to do with his actual boxing skills in the ring which most of the boxing experts say are the best in the world, and why most analysts believe he would beat Pac.

Mayweather IS scared. Don't get me wrong, Arum is as big a reason this fight hasn't gone down as Floyd. His claim that they needed to construct a special stadium was BS. But Floyd keeps coming up with a different demand everytime. First it was Olympic style drug testing, then it was a date and venue HE decided on, now he wants the lions share of the purse. In other words, Floyd is making demands that he knows won't be accepted by Top Rank. IMO, that makes Floyd looks scared. Arum on the other hand, is a greedy old **** that just wants his hands in both fighters pockets. Since Floyd isn't a Top Rank fighter, that won't happen with him.

Most people favoring Mayweather aren't really out there trashing Manny. It is more about Bob Arum and his politics. Manny has said himself he defers the decision making on his opponents to Arum. It's Arum that is carefully selecting who Manny will fight and at what weight etc etc etc, and it seems like every time Manny has fought someone over the past few years it always comes with some weird circumstances of the opponent having to do something to take them out of their element. Again, the blame is on Arum, but Manny also has the ability, especially at this stage of his career, to fire Arum.

On the other hand, the folks favoring Pac, seem to want nothing more then to preach the "Mayweather is scared" BS. It's more about how much they hate Mayweather as a person, and hardly ever to do with his actual boxing skills in the ring which most of the boxing experts say are the best in the world, and why most analysts believe he would beat Pac.

Yup, this is it entirely. I actually enjoy watching Manny box. Think he is exciting, BS catchweight stipulations notwithstanding but Floyd would beat Manny 9/10 times. Floyd will end up being a top 5 all-time boxer when his career is over, IMO. What he does in the ring is boxing at his core, and he has no weaknesses except brittle hands which has effected him his entire career.

---------- Post added May-9th-2012 at 10:18 AM ----------

Mayweather IS scared. Don't get me wrong, Arum is as big a reason this fight hasn't gone down as Floyd. His claim that they needed to construct a special stadium was BS. But Floyd keeps coming up with a different demand everytime. First it was Olympic style drug testing, then it was a date and venue HE decided on, now he wants the lions share of the purse. In other words, Floyd is making demands that he knows won't be accepted by Top Rank. IMO, that makes Floyd looks scared. Arum on the other hand, is a greedy old **** that just wants his hands in both fighters pockets. Since Floyd isn't a Top Rank fighter, that won't happen with him.

He offered Manny $40 million. No one else will ever offer that much money for him to fight.

I'm not absolving Floyd at all but this fight isn't happening because of Arum/Floyd relationship. Not because of Pacquaio because Floyd has damn near every advantage against dude. If a fight were to ever happen, Floyd would be the Vegas favorite.

---------- Post added May-9th-2012 at 10:20 AM ----------

Also Floyd takes the lionshare of the purse (it should be 55/45, IMO) because he takes all the financial risks. He rents out the arena, sets PPV prices, and pays the purse of his opponent.

Arum and co are robbing Manny too. Idk if you all remember the financial company who claimed Manny's money leaves him fast and Arum and his friends are the main culprit.

---------- Post added May-9th-2012 at 10:21 AM ----------

One more addition, 55/45 of PPV revenue.

Floyd maybe the overall better boxer, but unlike most fighters, Pacquiao IS quick enough to make Floyd pay when he misses and Floyd knows this. That shoulder roll he does will not be as affective against a southpaw as it is against a conventional fighter and Floyd knows that too. If Floyd thought he would win, he would have never even bothered bringing up Olympic style drug testing. And if He does fight Pac, Top Rank is taking as much a financial risk as he is which is ZERO. This fight will make both fighters close to 100 million.

I also have a hard time believing Floyd is a bigger international draw as Pac. So who generates the most revenue is highly debatable.

Edited by DM72

You realize Floyd doesn't get hit?

You are either Phillipino or you hate Floyd or both. Some of the stuff you are saying is ridiculously biased.

He doesn't get hit often. He will against Manny.