Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Isn't it funny that Floyd waits until Manny is contractually obligated to the Margarito fight before he breaks his silence? Only now he speaks knowing that he's off the hook for a fight with Pacquiao.

Hagler pretty much said the samething I said months ago. Floyd ducking Manny is very simular to how Leonard ducked him for years. Leonard only fought him because he thought he had slowed down just enough. Floyd is using the same tactic with Pacquiao.

Floyd wants it. This is all part of the "show". I think he wants a Godly purse though. probally above the fifty million mark plus half pay per view buys.

He is not gonna get anymore money than what he'd recieved if they fought in November. This was the perfect time for this fight. EVERYBODY wanted this fight to happen THIS YEAR. I'm sure there's more than a few people that are fed up with Floyd and probably don't care if they ever fight now.

I predict if Pac goes out and destroys Magarito, Floyd will not fight him in May.

He is not gonna get anymore money than what he'd recieved if they fought in November. This was the perfect time for this fight. EVERYBODY wanted this fight to happen THIS YEAR. I'm sure there's more than a few people that are fed up with Floyd and probably don't care if they ever fight now.

I predict if Pac goes out and destroys Magarito, Floyd will not fight him in May.

Time will tell. Anyone else on the horizen? I doubt the have 25k at the gate for Margarito.

:bsflag:

Pacquiao didn't agree to the blood test the first time.

I don't know about the second time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5520996

The fight was nearly made in January, then fell apart when Pacquiao refused Olympic-style drug testing in the weeks leading up to the fight. But the newly minted congressman from the Philippines said he's even agreed to the strict blood testing in an effort to make the fight, but he hasn't heard from Mayweather's side why an agreement couldn't be reached.

"We agree with, you know, his demands," Pacquiao said, referring specifically to the blood testing. "I wanted to know if that's his real reason [for not fighting]."

The entire negotiation process came to resemble an unsavory soap opera, with HBO Sports boss Ross Greenburg publicly stating that he had worked tirelessly as an intermediary between the two sides. Pacquiao's promoter Top Rank has a poor relationship with Mayweather, who rose to become a world champion under its banner, so it's not unreasonable to assume there was an intermediary.

Shortly after a deadline imposed by Top Rank for Mayweather to accept the fight had passed, his adviser Leonard Ellerbe issued a bizarre statement in which he said no negotiations ever took place -- contradicting Greenburg and the folks at Top Rank.

Roach said that Top Rank had been calling him for advice on what gloves to wear, what ring size to use, what weight to fight at -- standard details during a negotiation process.

"When people are calling me and asking me, 'Is this OK? Is this OK? Is this OK?' There's something going on," Roach said. "I know there must have been negotiations going on.

"Whatever he wanted to do, we were accepting it. Whatever he wanted. Manny said, 'I want to fight. I'll agree to anything.' I thought the fight was a shoo-in."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

DC product Anthony Peterson is fighting on HBO tonight at 10pm. he's not in easy tonight, should be a close fight either way, but I think Peterson will use his boxing to get a decision. Yuriorkis Gamboa is fighting in the main event, he should finish his man late in the fight

Edited by StillUnknown

Peterson is getting owned because he fighting dumb as hell. he has a clear boxing advantage, but is trading with a bigger puncher. he looks like he wants to be anywhere but inside the ring right now

edit: Peterson was DQ'd for repeated low blows..............pathetic performance from Peterson

Edited by StillUnknown

Peterson is getting owned because he fighting dumb as hell. he has a clear boxing advantage, but is trading with a bigger puncher. he looks like he wants to be anywhere but inside the ring right now

edit: Peterson was DQ'd for repeated low blows..............pathetic performance from Peterson

After the first one I actually said to my buddy jokingly, "Man, he's getting beat so bad he should just keep doing that. Just keep hitting the other guy in the dick until he gets DQ'd." Didn't think that would actually be his strategy. LOL

Tonight's PPV is a prime example of why boxing is dying. No one can justify Shane Mosley vs Sergio Mora being on PPV. Mosley got destroyed in his last fight and who is Mora? If they wanted to rush Mosley back on PPV, they could have atleast given us Paul Williams or Berto. I want to order this fight because I like watching boxing on Saturday night, but I WILL NOT.

Edited by blue collar

It's official: Punisher-Martinez rematch November 20 in Atlantic City

Nice. Hope I can catch it when I am in Nashville for the Skins game. I will be sure to DVR it just in case.

I mean, how does boxing expect to gain new fans if all their big fights are on PPV?

I have been saying this for years. Any fight of any significance has been on PPV for the last handful of years. The casual fan does not get a chance to know the fighters. People are not going to pay for people that they are not familiar with.