Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Not gonna pay for that snoozefest. Another heavyweight championship fight is happening tonight in England, but it won't be on HBO or Showtime. John Ruiz challenges David Haye for his version of the championship (WBA Heavyweight title). Wouldn't pay for that one either, but would be nice if HBO or Showtime would broadcast it. :mad:

Predictions:

Hopkins wins split decision over Jones

Haye wins unanimous decision over Ruiz

Haye defeats Ruiz by 9th Round TKO.

Finally, we get a decent heavyweight fight. I'm glad Ruiz came to fight and not do a lot of hugging/clinching as he usually does. He showed a lot of heart, but he took some hard punches from Haye. Definitely, a good stoppage. Didn't think it would last that long after watching the 1st round. I like Haye, but he needs to work on his defense, especially keeping his hands up. Either of the Klitschko brothers will KO him quick, if they ever fight.

Good fight by both Ruiz and Haye. I wonder if we'll ever get to see a good heavyweight fight on the cable networks???

Edited by ksun247

Bernard Hopkins defeats Roy Jones Jr by unanimous decision. BORING!!!!

But loved that furious flurry that Hopkins went after Jones with, after that cheap shot to the back of Hopkins head infuriated him. The retaliation was Rocky-like. We need to see a lot more of that in Boxing, instead of the combination of dancing, showboating, and hugging. Jones showboating is a complete joke now, considering he's a shell of his old self.

Hopkins definitely won the fight but I lost a lot of respect for Hopkins last night. He's the one that made it a street fight and then acted like a little ***** when Roy gave him a taste of his own medicine.

Hopkins gave Jones a deliberate low blow in the 5th when he knew the ref couldn't see it but Roy didn't say a thing.

Then in the sixth, Hopkins gets a little tap to the back of the head coming out of a clinch and rolls around on the mat like a little f'n baby.

In the seventh, Hopkins purposely hit Roy in the back of the head so Roy returned the favor. Again, Hopkins cried like his dog just died.

In the 9th, they were in a clinch and Roy hit Bernard on the belt, and AGAIN Hopkins dropped to the mat and started rolling around. He did mre acting in that one fight than Nicholas Cage has done in his whole career!!!

Then in the 10th, Hopkins rushes in throwing punches and follows up with his patented "accidental" head butt but nobody seems to be mentioning that.

Like I said, Hopkins clearly won the fight. Roy hardly threw any punches the entire fight. But all the articles I've seen this morning seem to paint Roy as the dirty fighter when Bernard was clearly just as guilty of dirty tactics if not moreso.

Haye defeats Ruiz by 9th Round TKO.

Finally, we get a decent heavyweight fight. I'm glad Ruiz came to fight and not do a lot of hugging/clinching as he usually does. He showed a lot of heart, but he took some hard punches from Haye. Definitely, a good stoppage. Didn't think it would last that long after watching the 1st round. I like Haye, but he needs to work on his defense, especially keeping his hands up. Either of the Klitschko brothers will KO him quick, if they ever fight.

Good fight by both Ruiz and Haye. I wonder if we'll ever get to see a good heavyweight fight on the cable networks???

Speaking of, do you happen to know if anyone is rebroadcasting the fight? I'm so mad I missed it and no way was I paying to watch B-Hop and Roy.

:helmet:

Speaking of, do you happen to know if anyone is rebroadcasting the fight? I'm so mad I missed it and no way was I paying to watch B-Hop and Roy.

:helmet:

Neither network is doing a replay broadcast. You'll probably have to search the web for it (maybe youtube).

Quintana is a slick southpaw who can box. Berto is good but I don't think he has a signature win yet. If the Quintana that fought P. Williams in their 1st fight shows up, it will be a long night for Berto. Think Berto escapes with a split decision victory, but my predictions haven't been on point lately. Glad I'm not betting on these fights.

I think the first CQ-Punisher fight was somewhat of a fluke and bad day for Paul. It was righted in the rematch.

definitely a bad day for Paul Williams....kind of like his bad day against "loss" against Sergio Martinez. I wouldn't call either flukes though.

local product, Fernando Guerrero headlines a ShoBox card tonight on Showtime against Michael Walker. Guerrero is one of the better prospects in that division

HBO has a pretty good double header on saturday night:

Kelly Pavlik/Sergio Martinez & Lucian Bute/Edison Miranda

i'll take Martinez by unanimous decision and Bute with a late round (T)KO over Miranda. Pavlik had big problems with Hopkins movement, Martinez should be able to confuse him just the same. Bute should have no problems with Miranda. Miranda has great power, but not much skill to back it up. Bute is the best Super Middleweight not in the tourney, his skill level should easily be too much for Miranda

From BATB:

I will be blogging live from the Regional Golden Gloves at the Waldorf Jaycees Community Center in Waldorf, MD. I will also be keeping tabs on Tony Thompson's bout against Owen Beck on ESPN2's Friday Night Fights from Memphis, TN. That program will begin at 10 PM ET. If I get a result from that bout or the non-televised undercard bout that features Gary Russell, Jr. I will pass that along as I blog from Waldorf.

Meanwhile, Alec Kohut of MaxBoxing.com has generously consented to report from the card at the Wicomico Civic Center in Salisbury, MD that will feature Fernando and Alex Guerrero, Dominic Wade and Ty Barnett. Fernando Guerrero's bout against Michael Walker will headline the ShoBox telecast on Showtime that is scheduled to begin at 11 PM ET. I should be able to get the early undercard results from Alec and be able to post those while in Waldorf. Alec will also do a BATB Post-Fight Wrap-Up from Salisbury following that card.

:box: