Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Broner is heavier as of yesterday, rumors of in the mid-150s.  Porter is apparently already down to 147 so he should make 144 easily.  If there was no rehydration clause then I think Porter wins.  Now I am not sure.

Spence v Thurman on a Mayweather undercard would be great

These 2 have been going at it since this fight was announced. Broner been going on and on about how Kenny Porter spends and dictates all of Shawn's money. I want to believe they're trying to hype the fight but they continually have to be separated so idk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=dsWAhWcVx74

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OlqtCmd3lRc

Edited by Rexx1240

Robert Garcia must not be interested in fighting anymore, would have been Spence's first solid test, but he came in super heavy. Can't imagine Haymon using him anymore after being burned twice in consecutive fights by him.

You mean Roberto and yeah I think he's done. Passed up on consecutive career pay days. More telling this time around bc he was actually booted off the card altogether.

Edited by Rexx1240
  • Like 1

I'm hearing that Porter is being instructed by his people to ignore the 10lb fight night rehydration clause. I can confirm that as of 2 days ago, Shawn Porter had yet to see the actual bout contract. All agreements including the 144 catch weight are all merely verbal agreements, nothing signed.

Looking forward to a pretty big night of boxing, some very good fights on tap for tonight. Of course none bigger than Broner-Porter. Side bar on that fight, I was thinking about how Broner chose not to work out for his media day. The last 2 fighters I seen do that ended up losing the fight... Chavez Jr and Pacquiao

I'm picking Porter, i think he bully & pressure Broner against the ropes

Broner really needs to utilize footwork tonight which is not really his forte. Porter's not that dynamic, but he can bring pressure when he's on his game. I think he'll look to smother Broner and not allow Broner the space needed to work his combos.

So Smith missed weight yesterday, fined $45k. They let him step back on today, he's still the same weight smh, fined another 15k. Fight purse now from 225k to 165k. If this is his tactic for an advantage over Ward, it's a pretty costly one.

Spence/Verdejo could eventually be a poor man's Mayweather/Pac. A fight we all want to see, that might not get made until they are past their primes

I think Spence Jr beats Keith Thurman in the unlikely case they actually fight in September.

I fully expect Ghost Guerrero to get fed to Spence next

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Side note: Kell Brook looks like he's about 170-180lbs tonight. Suit won't even button up lol. Same day weigh in would kill a lot of today's boxing superstars.

the movie Southpaw has a guy throwing every punch from the orthodox stance

i am teh confuzed

Didn't even pick up on this lol

I know im not the only one wishing Broner would trip and bust his ass on the steps after all that mess he was doing lol

Side note: Kell Brook looks like he's about 170-180lbs tonight. Suit won't even button up lol. Same day weigh in would kill a lot of today's boxing superstars.

Didn't even pick up on this lol

Me neither lol. Theres gotta be some explanation we have yet to hear.