Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I like GGG, and think he can be almost as good as HBO thinks, but I despise the HBO sell job they do for every one of his fights. They have to create new stars, and the casual fans they're trying to reach don't know any better, but its tiring when I know they're doing the hard sell.

GGG beats the hell out of Cotto & Canelo, but he gets outboxed by Ward.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2

I like GGG, and think he can be almost as good as HBO thinks, but I despise the HBO sell job they do for every one of his fights. They have to create new stars, and the casual fans they're trying to reach don't know any better, but its tiring when I know they're doing the hard sell.

If he took the Ward fight next, maybe. But wins over both Cotto & Canelo? He might stand a chance after getting through those 2.

Then again, showtime/PBC could sign all 3 of those fighters & those fights will NEVER happen.

Reason #12 to hate proboxing in the 21st century.

Edited by artmonkforHOF
  • Like 1

After what I saw tonight, I'm not so sure he beats Canelo. And yes, he gets totally outclassed by Ward.

This might surprise some of you, I don't believe he'll beat Floyd either. Dude is there to be countered all night.

After what I saw tonight, I'm not so sure he beats Canelo. And yes, he gets totally outclassed by Ward.

This might surprise some of you, I don't believe he'll beat Floyd either. Dude is there to be countered all night.

Canelo and Triple G would be a WAR! from what I am seeing Triple G needs space to land his big shots if you stay close you can slip and smother and slip some of his punches and deliever your own you can hit the man ALOT. Canelo can stand toe to toe and he has power in both hands like GGG and he also has the Chin like GGG. That fight needs to happen but Oscar said wait 2 more years WHY?!? seems like a duck job to me GGG is already 33 he then will be 35 then. Canelo can take the fight now at a 157 pound catch weight and he would have a solid shot to win the fight, but Oscar is not willing to throw his money out there.

Cotto does well for a few rounds but Triple G will wear him out and Cotto quits on his stool somewhere around the 9th round.

It just isn't fair to ask Mayweather to get in there with that monster, hes just way to big and strong. Just he can box him but GGG is an expert in cutting off the ring and Mayweather would find himself on the ropes getting hit some monster shots. No Thanks

Ward needs a fight or two he's been off way too long but if he is able to return to the Ward of 2 years ago then yes he boxes Triple G ears off.

All in all I am a huge fan of GGG the man has swagger he knows hes a stone cold beast HBO is doing a great job trying to build its next star PAC and MONEY will be gone in a year or less, and GGG doesn't have much time left.

I'm on the fence in regards to GGG/Mayweather. Part of me can see the avenues for a Floyd victory, but the other part sees Floyd struggling to stay off the ropes against GGG. GGG is one of the few power punchers who also knows how to cut off the ring. He doesn't chase opponents, he manipulates them. Whether he can do that against someone like Mayweather, even as his movement diminishes, remains to be seen.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-pacquiaos-shoulder-fine-going-into-5-2--91226

This story keeps changing...

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, says his fighter did injure himself in early April but he was "100%" recovered and sparring hard by the end of the camp. He says Pacquiao was perfectly fine when he entered the ring and requested a pre-fight numbing shot from the Nevada Commission as a precautionary measure.

"The last week, as predicted by the doctor, the shoulder was fine. Many was sparirng the last two weeks, sparring well. It wasn't until the end of the fourth round that Manny's shoulder was re-injured, but going into the fight Manny was 100%," Arum told BoxingScene.com.

***MORE AT LINK***

• Like 1

Exactly. He's now releasing public statements "trying to set the record straight" etc... He's only making matters worse. Arum is a successful attorney. He knows what to say & how to say it. But one of the main questions I had is about this "precautionary shot" that was denied pre fight. The NSAC said they weren't totally against a numbing agent (as they're fully aware fighters are rarely going into a fight at 100%) but they were against the numbing agent Manny and his team insisted on. They made other suggestions, but Manny only wanted the Toradol injection. That to me is VERY suspicious. If you know what and how Toradol is used then they have every right to deny it. If u listen after 1 min, Paulie touches on it here:

https://youtu.be/FNVsOYuaZSE

He just seems like the type that would easily be outboxed. Floyd would outbox him and if he fought Ward, not only would Ward outbox him, Ward would actually beat him.

Are you gonna do this to yourself again?  :) (Kidding! Much luv, Sir.)

In Thurman's defense, I'm hearing he's set to comeback for a big fight in the fall. No opponent named yet but I do know the fight will be "big"

But irregardless to that, I must go on record to say this Thurman-Collazo match up is complete bull****. Basically Canelo-Kirkland or 3G-Monroe all over again. I'm going to put this one right up there with Khan-Algieri, this fight is horse ****.

One of the worst stoppages I've seen in a while. Yes, Baker was taking some punches, but he wasn't close to being actually hurt. If they're gonna be putting these fight on network TV, they need to have the best refs.

Freddie Roach interview:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=AZOsuUKCO7U

If you pay attention to how he answers the questions in the beginning then you'll see what I was saying about how he puts the opponents at disadvantages any way possible.

Another take from the vid is the thought of potential 140 matchups for Manny. Not sure how a Pacquiao-Matthysse bout plays out but I'd give the edge to Manny. But there is no doubt in my mind that Crawford gives Manny the most embarrassing 12round decision of his career. Crawford's skillset would give Manny absolute hell @140.

Also couldn't help but laugh at how Freddie chose to answer the question about the mysterious shoulder injury. Claims all reporters knew about just that nobody chose to report it. Lmao gotta love Freddie.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/50-cents-boxing-company-goes-bankrupt-292092

Huge blow for 50 Cent’s boxing company SMS Promotions — TMZ Sports has learned the rapper’s company has just filed for bankruptcy. 50 started SMS Promotions back in 2012 … and signed some pretty big names in the sport, including then-undefeated champion Yuriorkis Gamboa, James Kirkland and Olympic medalist Andre Dirrell. But apparently, the boxing biz hasn’t been as kind to 50 as it has been to others like his pal Floyd Mayweather … because according to court docs obtained by TMZ Sports, the company filed for Chapter 11 on May 25th. In court docs filed in Connecticut, SMS says it has between $100k and $500k in debts. SMS just put on a fight in Connecticut on May 15th — though it clearly wasn’t enough to turn the company around.

Kinda sucks for his boxers...They all suffered bad losses in their first prime time boxing match under SMS.

Edited by ksun247