Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Everybody seems to be calling for Mayweather-Khan now after Amir's impressive domination of Alexander. Obviously that would be a good Plan B if "the mega fight" falls thru again for whatever reason.

But the ideal situation would be Floyd to fight Manny and Khan to face Brook next (which would be HUGE especially in the UK). The winners could face each other to become the undisputed WBA, WBO, WBC, IBF and RING 147lb Welterweight Champ.

Floyd could end his career with a bang and ultimately help of hurt his TBE argument.

Make sense. . . No?? 

Everybody seems to be calling for Mayweather-Khan now after Amir's impressive domination of Alexander. Obviously that would be a good Plan B if "the mega fight" falls thru again for whatever reason.

But the ideal situation would be Floyd to fight Manny and Khan to face Brook next (which would be HUGE especially in the UK). The winners could face each other to become the undisputed WBA, WBO, WBC, IBF and RING 147lb Welterweight Champ.

Floyd could end his career with a bang and ultimately help of hurt his TBE argument.

Make sense. . . No?? 

Makes too much sense to actually happen.

This is the version of Khan that intrigues me about a potential Mayweather fight. I've always said that Khan has the kind of skill set that could theoretically trouble Mayweather. I just never had confidence in Khan to carry out the plan necessary over 12 rounds.

I still dont believe he can, but that fight was very impressive by Khan. He looked excellent. I always hated how Roach didnt let Khan use his jab more. Khan jabbing makes him a scary opponent for anyone.

He is still chinny though.

I still dont believe he can, but that fight was very impressive by Khan. He looked excellent. I always hated how Roach didnt let Khan use his jab more. Khan jabbing makes him a scary opponent for anyone.

He is still chinny though.

I like how he manipulated distance last night, thats the key to getting to beating Floyd. Distance + handspeed + Floyd's declining lateral movement = Khan has a chance at the upset.

I like how he manipulated distance last night, thats the key to getting to beating Floyd. Distance + handspeed + Floyd's declining lateral movement = Khan has a chance at the upset.

Khan's downfall against Floyd is that he is chinny and his punches have no real power behind them. Floyd doesnt KO people anymore but his punches do hurt. Also, while Khan is fast his punches can be timed by a good counterpucher. Its what Garcia did to him.

Saying that, a Floyd/Khan fight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Floyd/Pacquiao. It may not sell as much, but its a much better fight.

• Like 1

I don't see how y'all can say that. You guys just don't want to see Floyd in a fight with someone who's quick enough to catch him and maybe knock him out.

Kahn would give him trouble, but he's not a real threat and y'all know it.

Arum's latest excuse:

“Let me tell you something, and this, I really feel very, very strongly about,” Arum said. “That weekend celebrates Cinco De Mayo, which is a Mexican holiday, which commemorates the outstanding, courageous stand of a lot of Mexican civilians who turned back the French Imperial army, and it’s a significant holiday in Mexico and among Mexican Americans who live in the United States. That being said, neither Mr. Mayweather, nor Mr. Pacquiao, nor Mr. Cotto, who is Hispanic, is not Mexican.”

“The only Mexican in the group is Canelo Alvarez, who is a big attraction among the Mexican people. And to poach on that date, which is a Mexican holiday by non-Mexicans, shows a terrible disrespect for the Mexican people, both those living in Mexico and those living in the United States. And anybody who does the poaching ought to be ashamed of themselves. That goes for hotels and that goes for fighters and that goes for any of us. I’m willing to make that statement.”

I can't believe some of you STILL can't see through Floyd's BS. Yes, Floyd always fight on Cinco De Mayo, but Top Rank and Golden Boy had recently announced or at least are coming close to announcing Cotto/Alvarez for May 2. The only fight Golden Boy had said that would remove Cotto/Alvarez off of May 2 is Pacquiao/Mayweather. Now here comes Mayweather calling out Pacquiao. Plus, don't think for one second Mayweather doesn't know that Arum promotes Cotto. He knew Arum would have something to say.

Floyd isn't smart, but he's very shrewd.

you can read minds now? I applaud you friend.

It's been this way for years. Rather than fight Manny, let's put Floyd in the ring with someone we can sell but isn't likely to beat him.

At this point I think I would rather see Floyd/Khan rather than Floyd/Manny

Why? Exactly what has Khan showed you that makes him a better option to fight Floyd than Manny? Edited by DM72

It's been this way for years. Rather than fight Manny, let's put Floyd in the ring with someone we can sell but isn't likely to beat him.

Such a shame that all of Floyd's recent fights have been against unknown tomato cans, either coming off losses or long lay offs and don't hold any significant titles or aren't even ranked in the top 10. Unlike Manny who always fights. . . . .oh wait

Crazy thing about your statement is the fact that Floyd would be heavily favored against anybody he steps in the ring against INCLUDING your beloved Pacquiao.

Edited by Rexx1240

Lol...Oh, now Bradley's a nobody. The same Bradley a lot of you thought would win.

And who exactly has Floyd fought as of late?

Dude that's just like me saying 2 of Floyd's last 4 fights were against Maidana. How would u respond to that?? C'mon bro.

Edited by Rexx1240

Arum's latest excuse:

“Let me tell you something, and this, I really feel very, very strongly about,” Arum said. “That weekend celebrates Cinco De Mayo, which is a Mexican holiday, which commemorates the outstanding, courageous stand of a lot of Mexican civilians who turned back the French Imperial army, and it’s a significant holiday in Mexico and among Mexican Americans who live in the United States. That being said, neither Mr. Mayweather, nor Mr. Pacquiao, nor Mr. Cotto, who is Hispanic, is not Mexican.”

“The only Mexican in the group is Canelo Alvarez, who is a big attraction among the Mexican people. And to poach on that date, which is a Mexican holiday by non-Mexicans, shows a terrible disrespect for the Mexican people, both those living in Mexico and those living in the United States. And anybody who does the poaching ought to be ashamed of themselves. That goes for hotels and that goes for fighters and that goes for any of us. I’m willing to make that statement.”

May 5 weekend has been Cinco De Mayweather for the past 3 years, Arum doesn't even promote Cinnamon so what the hell does that matter. Even then Mayweather already made Canelo look like a bum so why are you trying to choose a Canelo vs Cotto over PAC MAYWEATHER the biggest fight in history. Canelo has one fight that did 1 million buys and so has Cotto both vs Mayweather. Cotto doesn't even want to fight on that Weekend. it's aways something ARUM doesn't want the fight and pulling yet another excuse out of his ass.

NO DRUG TESTING SCARED OR NEEDLES, CUT HASNT HEALED, 40,000 out door arena won't be completed in time, no to 40,000,000 I want 50/50, recently no to 60-40 and 35% of ppv and now May for Cinnamon. He is simply not in position to be A SIDE vs Maywearther accept terms give us what we want and stop pulling bull**** you just got called out with a DATE.

I believe Cotto uses TR the same way Mayweather uses GB. And De La Hoya has said that they would put Cotto/Alvarez on May 2 only IF Pacquiao/Mayweather isn't fighting on that day. Are they supposed to wait until Mayweather makes up his mind. The point is, if Mayweather REALLY wants to fight Pacquiao, he need to make the decision soon.

And I'm sure TR will accept the terms, as long as it's not insulting. I don't want to hear if Floyd offer something like 70/30 or worse and TR and Pacquiao tells him to shove it, that Pacquiao is the one who balked.