Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I visited GoldenBoy website bcuz I heard they finally updated their fighter list after the whole Haymon debacle. Looking at the fighters Oscar retained (or Haymon allowed him to keep) I kind of feel bad for him. For 1, his fighter list right now is none more impressive than that of TopRank and these are the two biggest Promo companies in the sport. For 2, the "main" fighters (or money makers) are still advised by Haymon. Oscar has put himself in a tough, tough, tough situation with his company. 

OTOH i really can't feel too bad bcuz instead of tending to the personal business and running his company, he was out doing. . . well. . . other things; so he, in essence, brought it on himself.

Haymon tried to include Oscar, to a small capacity, in the NBC deal but Oscar's pride got in the way. I do give Oscar cred for seeing this coming b4 it actually happened. He parted ways with Shaefer and made amends with Arum. Smart move by the GoldenBoy. But in order to keep his company afloat he really had no choice.

This NBC move by Haymon is so ****ing genius because he has no promo company. He's just an adviser. So basically, he can take any fighter he advises and put a card together with which ever company they're promoted. For example, his 1st card is Goosen Promotions simply bcuz Molina is promoted by them. The reason I say it's genius bcuz even if Haymon puts on a main event with promotional free agents, he can just call one of the promo companies from some1 on the undercard (just like he did with the 3/7/15 card) and say "Hey you wanna make a little extra $$, just promote this whole card and it also helps build your company's brand..." the **** is pure genius.

All the while, Haymon can still **** on Oscar bcuz he can advise his GoldenBoy fighters on who to fight/not to fight. So while Haymon continues to bring the "match making thunder" he can continue to ensure GoldenBoy makes fights like the bs we got with Garcia vs Salka. This also ensures that the "Haymon" fighters still make money as free agents bcuz they can fight who ever Uncle Al matches them with and not having to worry about promotional conflicts, etc. 

I could go on and on but i just realized this post is already long as hell. So my bad, just ranting. 

http://www.goldenboypromotions.com

Edited by Rexx1240

Stiverne is gonna KO Wilder in 5 or 6 rounds, if not sooner. Gonna be interesting while it lasts. I'm not sold on Wilder. All I see is the big punch from Wilder. He hasn't been tested yet. If he can get past Stiverne, then I'll give him props.

I'm usually hard on guys who have fought as much as him without competition, but his case is a little different. He didn't really have much of an amateur career before going to the Olympics so he is really is learning on the job. HW is a desert in terms of actual talent, so he's been fighting cans who can't take his punch, although I'm not sure many will be able to take his shot.

I'm a fan, but I still think he's a bit too raw for the likes of Stiverne. Stiverne isn't anything special, but he absolutely credible and has a pretty good punch himself. Wilder has him by close to 6 inches, but the reach difference is only 3 inches if the tale of the tape is to be believed. 

Wilder always has a punchers chance, but I'm thinking Stiverne lands that kill shot somewhere between rounds 4 & 6.

• Like 1

Stiverne is gonna KO Wilder in 5 or 6 rounds, if not sooner. Gonna be interesting while it lasts. I'm not sold on Wilder. All I see is the big punch from Wilder. He hasn't been tested yet. If he can get past Stiverne, then I'll give him props.

this will be his first fight not against a postal worker.
  • Like 1

Dan RafaelVerified account

‏@danrafaelespn

Oscar just told me no Cotto-Canelo. 'The deal is off the table.' Said Cotto went past 5th deadline last night. #boxing

They can still do that fight, just not on May 2nd. Cotto is just probably just waiting to see what happens with the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight. He probably wants to fight in New York in June after the Puerto Rican Day parade and he wants the lion's share of the purse. Just negotiating. It's not like Canelo has a lot of big money options at 154 lbs to face.

Dan RafaelVerified account

‏@danrafaelespn

Oscar just told me no Cotto-Canelo. 'The deal is off the table.' Said Cotto went past 5th deadline last night. #boxing

Cotto has his diva ways but he's still a pretty shrewd business and at the end of the day.

Canelo is still very young, kind of bullish, prideful, and needs guidance.

Edited by Rexx1240