Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Mayweather cruised, he looked great.  Bayless was hyped aggressive in breaking up the clinches.  Really didn't understand Maidana's game plan, he held back to save some energy but couldn't get off anything of note in the 2nd half of the fight.  

I think we'll see Mayweather-Khan next.  If Pac can get by Algeri (LOL) and they are serious about working together, i do think the Mayweather-Pacquaio fight is doable, at least more doable then the last two years.  

I thought it was a fairly easy win for Mayweather. He was staggered though. I still think he's showing signs of age though.

Also, I lost all respect for Bayless.

Mayweather on ESPN. "Absolutely that fight (Pacquiao) can happen. It has to be on Showtime and Mayweather promotions has to promote it."

At the end of the interview, "I'll see ya'll in May, hopefully it'll be against Manny Pacquiao"

It will have to be a cross promotion and Floyd knows it.

Edited by DM72

Mayweather cruised, he looked great.  Bayless was hyped aggressive in breaking up the clinches.  Really didn't understand Maidana's game plan, he held back to save some energy but couldn't get off anything of note in the 2nd half of the fight.  

I think we'll see Mayweather-Khan next.  If Pac can get by Algeri (LOL) and they are serious about working together, i do think the Mayweather-Pacquaio fight is doable, at least more doable then the last two years.  

Mayweather wasn't "great".  He held way too much, should have been warned by the ref but wasn't, and ran around the ring.  Maidana fought a horrible fight.  I can't believe that idiot actually thought he won.

Floyd didn't even look like he cared anymore.  It was more apparent in the interview afterwards.

Edited by chipwhich

Mayweather wasn't "great".  He held way too much, should have been warned by the ref but wasn't, and ran around the ring.  Maidana fought a horrible fight.  I can't believe that idiot actually thought he won.

Floyd didn't even look like he cared anymore.  It was more apparent in the interview afterwards.

Totally agree. The Mayweather of a few years ago, Maidana wouldn't land ONE clean punch. Against someone with better mechanics and hand speed, he will be in trouble.

It's been a weird lead up to this fight for both. Not a lot of promotion for the fight. Drama for both fighters, but more so for Floyd.

Not sure what Garcia's game plan was for Maidana. He should have continued to do what he did in the first fight (hindsight 20/20). Could barely hear the trainer telling him to make adjustments. Best result would have been make it a dirty fight again.  He tried a little. The biting was just crazy. I don't think the point deduction was needed. He caught Floyd with some good shots. Maidana is gonna be HELL for the rest of the 147 lbs division. Can't wait to see replay next weekend.

Don't know if y'all caught it, but in his dressing room Floyd didn't look like the same fighter. Looked very concerned about something. Even the walk to the ring, he looked off. Maybe it was because he didn't have Lil' Wayne and Justin Beiber with him. LOL! Maybe, all the drama leading up to the fight (50cent challenge, Ms. Jackson suing him, backlash from Ray Rice comments, thinking about retirement, etc.) caught up to him. Usually in most lines of work, when you are thinking about retiring, you already got a foot out the door. Boxing is the wrong business to be in, if you are not totally focused. Can lead to a unexpected KO.

I hope the fight happens with Manny, but again not holding my breath. Should have happened 5 years ago, when both were top dogs. Now, they are two guys who need to walk away and do something else. Can't beat father time, but they are trying. Time to let the young guys do their thing. Not sure if we have any SUPERSTARS on the horizon, but we got some decent boxing talent out there (Rigo, Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares, Kell Brook, Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia, Lucas Matthysse, Adrien Broner, Chris Algieri, Amir Khan, Mikey Garcia,Terrance Crawford, Errol Spence, Charlo Twins, Lomanchenko and Canelo). They aren't PPV stars, but PPV is slowly dying anyhow. All of these guys are great for HBO/Showtime Championship Boxing.

Boxing needs help. The referees and judges need to be held accountable for their actions too. Kenny Bayless was too involved in this fight, Tony Weeks was not involved enough in their 1st fight. Judges need to be reexamined too. That Bey/Vasquez fight should have been a draw or Vasquez decision. The champ got screwed.

• Like 1

Like who?

He seems much more hittable now. Maidana really isn't known for his hand speed and he caught him a few times. Fighters like Pacquiao and to a lesser agree Khan would cause trouble for Floyd.

I admit, I was wrong by predicting that Maidana was gonna knock Floyd down. But you can see it coming. Dude is showing signs of an aging boxer.

He seems much more hittable now. Maidana really isn't known for his hand speed and he caught him a few times. Fighters like Pacquiao and to a lesser agree Khan would cause trouble for Floyd.

I admit, I was wrong by predicting that Maidana was gonna knock Floyd down. But you can see it coming. Dude is showing signs of an aging boxer.

Lol I knew you would mention Pacquiao that's the ONLY reason I asked... and right on que, u never let me down dude.

Maidana was robbed.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lol I knew you would mention Pacquiao that's the ONLY reason I asked... and right on que, u never let me down dude.

I knew you were waiting for me to mention Pacquiao. Floyd is still elusive, but he's just not THAT elusive anymore.

I knew you were waiting for me to mention Pacquiao. Floyd is still elusive, but he's just not THAT elusive anymore.

I agree with your perspective but when a guy only lands 20% of his punches then that's still pretty damn elusive. I think what you're seeing is a slow decline because Floyd got caught with shots that nobody is used to seeing him get hit with. So yes he's slowly showing his age. But how many other fighters are only allowing their opponents to land at a 20% clip?

Still haven't seen the fight, but from what I read, it played out how most expected. I'll wait until viewing it myself before I speak on it. Last time I missed a fight, it turned out to be the greatest fight I've ever seen (Corrales/Castillo I). Selfishly, I'm glad history did not repeat itself.

Edited by StillUnknown

IF and that's a big IF they were ever to get back to negotiations, one of the talking points of a May-Paq negotiation will reportedly be the price of the ppv. As it stands right now, rumor has it that the price will be $99.99/$109.99forHD. It's clear to any fan that the price would be higher for this fight but I mean. . . DAMN, like what the hell is really going on?!!