Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

http://gfycat.com/IncompleteComplicatedKid

Maybe hardest Floyd has ever been hit. How he didn't drop...  he doesn't get enough credit for how tough he is.

"Sugar" Shane Mosely and DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley both caught him flush and buzzed him good enough to make his knees buckle. This one was at the end of the round and the bell helped. He's a tough customer, no doubt. We just aren't used to seeing him get caught like that. His age is catching up with him.

BIG changes in Mayweather camp:

http://fighthype.com/mayweathernews/story17988.html

That's an interesting read. As the Alpha dog, you gotta lead the pack. When someone steps out of line, you gotta reel them in or cut them loose. I'm sure we'll see and hear more noise from those who are let go and those who get to stay.  Again, something just didn't look right to me in the pre-fight interview and walk to the ring. Wonder if that stuff was on his mind then. Glad he won the fight.

I wouldn't mind the All-Access changing a little. I don't need to see all the bragging about the stuff you got and shopping sprees. Show more training, film study, family stuff.  I'm sure there are a few in the TMT crew that are probably leeches just hanging on for the payday. When the money is gone, I'm sure half of them will be gone too. Also, didn't like the weed smoking on film. Not a good image, if you are trying to buddy up with Warren Buffet and Corporate America.

We'll see how things shake out in the next few months.

Other than the Alverez fight, Floyd's PPV numbers have been underwhelming to say the least.

And I don't believe they ever officially released the Mayweather/Maidana 1 numbers.

Underwhelming only by his own standards. Every other fighter on the planet can only dream of putting up those numbers.

Other than the Alverez fight, Floyd's PPV numbers have been underwhelming to say the least.

And I don't believe they ever officially released the Mayweather/Maidana 1 numbers.

I don't think they're underwhelming at all. In today's climate, those are damn good numbers. Combats sports/entertainment ppv numbers have been declining at a pretty steady clip the last couple of years. The UFC & WWE would kill to have the numbers Pac has posted the last couple of years, let alone the numbers Floyd has produced. It takes something truly special to land anything over 1mil nowadays.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Kevin Iole of Yahoo is reporting the fight did 925K buys and has all of Mayweathers Showtime fight buy info. I'm on my phone so the link isn't working but it's

Mayweather-Guerrero 840,000

Mayweather-Canelo 2,200,000

Mayweather-Maidana I 900,000

Mayweather-Maidana II 925,000

That 925 is skeptical only because it's seems too soon to be accurate and I knew for sure Part 2 wouldn't out-do Part 1. I'm no expert tho.

Underwhelming only by his own standards. Every other fighter on the planet can only dream of putting up those numbers.

True, but not every other fighter has a $200M deal. I'm willing to bet that Showtime/CBS isn't happy with those numbers. When Floyd signed that deal, his PPV's were over 1M.

On top of that, Floyd is usually guaranteed between $30-40M. Then you have promotions among other things. Again, I read that Showtime said that they needed Floyd's PPV's to generate 1.3M buys just to break even.

Edited by DM72

True, but not every other fighter has a $200M deal. I'm willing to bet that Showtime/CBS isn't happy with those numbers. When Floyd signed that deal, his PPV's were over 1M.

On top of that, Floyd is usually guaranteed between $30-40M. Then you have promotions among other things. Again, I read that Showtime said that they needed Floyd's PPV's to generate 1.3M buys just to break even.

Showtime should have been smart enough to forecast the future in regards to Floyd's PPV buys. I don't see how they could honestly believe he could sustain those numbers over the length of that deal. I think that deal was more about announcing themselves as a major player in the world of boxing. They had a good foundation, but snatching Mayweather from HBO let people know they were serious about doing business. When you start from a position of weakness, sometimes you have overpay to get your foot in the door.

On a sidenote, I find that 925k number a bit hard to believe, there was no buzz for that event at all. If it cleared over 700k I'd be shocked.

Edited by StillUnknown

Showtime said that they needed Floyd's PPV's to generate 1.3M buys just to break even.

I find it hard to believe that 1.3 is needed just to BREAK EVEN. It just sounds absurd dude. Before Floyd signed the contract, I don't think he EVER got 1.3 by himself. The only times it was ever done was with other mega stars who were very well known by the general boxing public like Cotto and Shane. There is NO WAY they thought he would consistently get close to 2mil ppv every time out just for them to line their pockets.

With that logic, even if he would have fought Paq, they would've been the only fight outside of Canelo worth a damn. Every other fighter out there would be pointless to them. Signing that contract, there is no way in hell they thought that there were 6 fights out there that would net them a profit IF the only profit was in excess of 1.3

It just sounds super crazy bruh. There are some pretty shrewd ShowTIme execs who over see these type of things. I highly doubt they would risk putting the entire network in that much debt just to get themselves out there. Again, just doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Rexx1240

Not sure if this has been discussed but Mayweather is scheduled to appear before the commission as they want an explanation for two scenes from his last episode of All Access. (The "Dog House" scene and the "Marijuana" scene) :

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2203683-floyd-mayweather-to-face-nevada-athletic-commission-for-unsanctioned-fights

Seems like the older he gets, the more trouble he's finding himself in. Then he's starting to part ways with members of his team of whom we thought were so "loyal" to him.

Mayweather is changing...... for the worst.

Edited by Rexx1240

I think Floyd could have at least told Garcia someone else was gonna wrap his hands. The next instalments of All Access in late April/early May will be unbearable with Ariza AND Mayweather.

Edited by DM72
  • Like 1