Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I think the commission will give him a slap on the wrist. This time. I think we're starting to see the beginning of the end of Floyd Mayweather.

Yep, no fines or suspensions but he may have just thrown Showtime under the bus big time.

Having weed on display was just stupid. Now, he's giving law enforcement a reason to mess with him. Even though he didn't partake in the activities, it was still at his residence. Not too smart.

Exactly. In the meeting with the Commission, Mayweather and his lawyers explained that the show was "all scripted. None of it was real." Mayweather said he was just trying to think outside the box to appeal to a wider audience.

The Boxing Commission of course bought whatever Mayweather and his legal team were selling so he left without punishment. But what that does is discredit everything Showtime was selling as they won an award for All Access being the best "Behind the scenes REALITY tv series". Tough break for Showtime.

Ariza is on Mayweather's payroll, right? And if Floyd truely wants this fight, he has a weird way of showing it. Latest excuse. Manny has to fight for Mayweather promotions and he still have "JMM problems."

Great point but what, in that video did Ariza say that seemed false or didn't make sense??

Edited by Rexx1240

• 2 weeks later...

So since Canelo has dropped out of the 12/6 clash against Clottey and Khan is rumored to be the next opponent for Floyd on 5/2 does this mean they scrap the idea of going head to head ppv's now?

I would have loved to see it and I think Canelo actually had a legit chance to outsell Floyd if it was going to be Canelo-Cotto vs Floyd-Khan. Only way Floyd would outsell that ppv is to fight Manny.

But I doubt Canelo comes off injury and gets right in the ring w/Cotto without a tuneup (which is exactly why they pulled Clottey from whatever rock he was hiding under).

Now if they postpone the Clottey fight to maybe Feb, then there's no way Canelo fights again in May. So maybe Canelo-Cotto doesn't get made til 9/12 which is supposed to be Floyd's last fight.

Then on the flip side to that, "supposedly" that's when the May-Paq fight will finally take place. Roach can possibly train them together, but he can't be in both corners on fight night. He'll probably choose Manny which means Cotto won't take that fight.

Just speculating tho.

There should never be head to head PPV's. Even if you "win", you still lose because you're fracturing your potential consumer base. It would be completely idiotic, then again, its boxing and Jose Luis Castillo is being offered 500k for a fight against Ruslan P. Nobody does idiocy quite like boxing, so head to head PPV's might actually happen

• Like 1

http://theadvocate.com/news/10523604-123/brpd-investigate-monday-night-shooting

A boxer reared in Baton Rouge who once fought against Floyd Mayweather Jr. was shot Monday night on Louisiana Avenue just north of Government Street, a few blocks away from a gym where he sometimes sparred.

Emanuel Burton, whose fighting name was Emanuel Augustus, was the man who was shot, said Chris Singleton, a Baton Rouge boxer who occasionally trains with Augustus.

“I just know he got shot in the back of the head,” Singleton said. “And he’s on life support right now.”

Singleton said he went to Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center early Tuesday, where 20 to 30 people were gathered in support of Augustus.

The Baton Rouge Police Department is investigating the shooting, although the department declined to identify Augustus by name. The department typically does not identify shooting victims unless a victim dies.

horrible news, Augustus was always one of my favorites to watch

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/oct/17/floyd-mayweather-jr-sued-rahman-brothersn

Right on the heels of the announcement that Justin Beiber is signing his paperwrk to be a boxer & listed trainer as Floyd Mayweather Jr

I now find out the Rahman brothers are suing Floyd for the 31min "forced" fight aired on Showtime.

This man's whole life is literally becoming a soap opera. He'll prolly take his 1st L soon.

Edited by Rexx1240

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/oct/17/floyd-mayweather-jr-sued-rahman-brothersn

Right on the heels of the announcement that Justin Beiber is signing his paperwrk to be a boxer & listed trainer as Floyd Mayweather Jr

I now find out the Rahman brothers are suing Floyd for the 31min "forced" fight aired on Showtime.

This man's whole life is literally becoming a soap opera. He'll prolly take his 1st L soon.

I would LOVE to see Beiber get his ass severely kicked.

Seriously, were the Rahnans "forced" to fight for 31 minutes? I thought the older brothers challenged the boxer that beat his kid brother.

Pretty strong card on HBO tonight.

I'm intrigued by Donaire/Walters. Donaire sounds like he has one foot already out of boxing, and Walters can punch. Could be an upset in the making.

The main event is a waste of time. Rubio has better chance of being struck by lighting twice while walking to the ring than he does at beating GGG.

Good KO win by Walters. He impressed a lot of viewers tonight and gained some new fans. Class act after the fight too. Donaire truly hasn't been the same since the Rigo loss. His confidence is shot. He needs to hang it up, if his heart isn't in it.