Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Team Leaving at 2 on friday...concerned?

lavar1156

Anyone else concerned that the team isn't leaving for Seattle until 2:00 pm on friday? I always thought it was best to leave as early as possible for a west coast trip in order to get the players body clocks on schedule with west coast time. Maybe I'm over thinking this but I would have hoped we would leave earliar.

overrated, the team will situate the schedule so that the players get all the rest they need.

what needs to be monitored is the players adrenaline jump before the game. calm and quiet right up until game time will have this team peaking emotionally in time to take it too the seapigeons.

It's good they're leaving this late. It makes the time change irrelevant. If they were there for 2 or 3 days, then they would have to get their body clocks adjusted.

They will have done all their work. They just need to go there and play a game, and they will have plenty of time to rest for 1 day beforehand.

You know I don't think I've ever had Jet lag going east to west, even when I flew back from Europe. It was flying East that I had trouble.

Same here and I travel across country at least once a month. Getting in around 5:30 PST is no big deal IMO.

I'm rather glad. That gives the team a chance to maximize preparation and film time at home in an environment that they're used to.

My thoughts exactly.

For people that don't pay attention to the ebb and flow of the season, it's not JUST time change. But when you, for instance, have an east coast game followed by a west coast game the next week followed by another east coast game the following week, the chances of that team being as sharp as their opponent on the 3rd game back east (given that the team they're playing is from the east, as Seattle is from the west) are just not as good. I think the numbers show that. I think that's the gist of this thread.

It's a little bit concerning, but it's not a big issue. Nobody likes to travel, but it's easier for East Coast teams to travel to the West than vice versa because they actually 3 hours. Plus, I'm sure they can relax a bit on the plane.

I'd be a little bit more worried about the weather, since it looks like it might rain there (as it usually seems to).

There's no reason for the Redskins to let their body clocks adjust to Pacific time. They're not moving there. Just treat it the same as an Eastern time and play at 4:30 rather than 1:30. If the flight leaves at 2 eastern on friday it'll arrive in Seattle at about 3 pacific on friday. This gives them almost a whole day to get over flight fatigue. Go to bed 3 hours earlier than normal, Wake up 3 hours earlier than normal, play your football game 3 hours earlier than normal. It's not a big deal.

No, I don't see it as a problem; in fact I am glad they are leaving on Friday vs Saturday, as I orginally thought they would do.

They'll be fine - we have a group of professionals............remember they flew from DC to Florida and back the same day - walked through and practiced one day and WON a game - all in one 4 day period.

For people that don't pay attention to the ebb and flow of the season, it's not JUST time change. But when you, for instance, have an east coast game followed by a west coast game the next week followed by another east coast game the following week, the chances of that team being as sharp as their opponent on the 3rd game back east (given that the team they're playing is from the east, as Seattle is from the west) are just not as good. I think the numbers show that. I think that's the gist of this thread.

We will have an extra day to prepare for Dallas, which will be the following Sunday at 4:30 EST.*

*disclaimer, IF we make it there. For the forseeable future, I shall just use the * as my disclaimer. Thank you. /publicserviceannouncement

hey! I was around for the first Gibbs era and don't consider myself and old timer! ;)
Who cares.

Why do some people have to worry about every little freaking detail?

I don't see the time change as being the problem. The flight itself will rag you out though. Hopefully they'll get enough sleep on the plane and Friday night so that they're fresh and ready come Saturday.

Archived