Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Team Leaving at 2 on friday...concerned?

lavar1156

Its actually a little easier to fly west than it is east. West coast time is 3 hours earlier than east coast time. So if you leave the East coast at 1pm, its only 10 am on the west coast. What does that mean? You can get more sleep and be EXTRA rested for the game the next day! Sure, its a little bit of an adjustment, but its a 1pm game(so its a normal 4pm game here). Its a bit more difficult to lose hours before the game then gain them. You can always sleep for extra hours.

Maybe Daniel Snyder "pimped" Redskins One and put 75 twin beds in their. They probably will be getting massages the whole way to Seattle. Who knows?

Redskin One is too small to hold all of the players and gear. They fly commercial charter when they go to games. Usually United 767 jobs. I think for the 2005 playoff game in Seattle they flew a 747. We'll see what they fly this time around.

That game was in Landover, MD. Same time zone as Redskins Park. ;)

I still do not understand this. The game is the same time no matter where you play (eg, playing out west does not make the game 3 hours later, we get games at 10 AM and 1 PM normally where folks on the east get games at 1 PM and 4 PM, if you flew out and landed immediately prior to the game without setting your watch the game would still seem to be at 1 or 4 PM). So given that it is dark at 5:30 everywhere you can simply stick your east coast time go to bed as planned and ignore the fact that you are in the west for a day (if you are staying for a week then it might be different or it you are going to altitude, like denver).

I still do not understand this. The game is the same time no matter where you play (eg, playing out west does not make the game 3 hours later, we get games at 10 AM and 1 PM normally where folks on the east get games at 1 PM and 4 PM, if you flew out and landed immediately prior to the game without setting your watch the game would still seem to be at 1 or 4 PM). So given that it is dark at 5:30 everywhere you can simply stick your east coast time go to bed as planned and ignore the fact that you are in the west for a day (if you are staying for a week then it might be different or it you are going to altitude, like denver).

I was just pointing out that the team didn't have to travel far for the Chicago game, that's all.

I don't think it's that big a deal to travel west for a 4:30Easter/1:30Pacific game.

But it's not as quite as simple as you suggest, because body clocks do react especially to morning light (which they will see on Saturday)

Again, I don't think this is huge deal. I'm more concerned about their QB and their fans.

Archived