Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Team Leaving at 2 on friday...concerned?

lavar1156

It's a little bit concerning, but it's not a big issue. Nobody likes to travel, but it's easier for East Coast teams to travel to the West than vice versa because they actually 3 hours. Plus, I'm sure they can relax a bit on the plane.

I'd be a little bit more worried about the weather, since it looks like it might rain there (as it usually seems to).

They played in very very very cold rain last Sunday.

They did quite well.

;)

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about their leave time...think we might be over-thinking this one. Comfortable plane ride, east-to-west (bit easier to adjust too), played in sloppy weather last week, etc. I don't know, I'm just not too worried about the later leave time. I think our boys will be ready to play come Sat.

These are well conditioned atheletes, not over weight middle aged buisness men. Traveling across the country will not effect them. Unlike what I heard from a so called "expert" on TV who said "the Redskins will lose because they have to travel over a thousand miles and they will be to tired from the trip". :laugh:

The game is at the same time west or east coast, just the sun comes up at different times. Maybe a better way to put it relative to everything they do during the week the game is the same numbers of hours away (does not matter where). So fly any time, go to bed and get up on an east coast schedule and set your clock for the game in east coast time, they change just does not matter.

=)

It is nice to watch monday night football at 6 pm though. =)

a team going from east to west coast doesn't face the same type of body change as a team going from west to east. we are two hours behind you all so when you all come over here to the west it seems later bt really its earlier.

so they will have a quicker clock in their head rather then a slower one.

I know that teams usually leave for West Coast Trips 2 days in advance but being the short week I can see why they are leaving on Friday.

The Game starts @ 1:30 PDT so that is like a 4:30 EDT. I think it effects a west coast team more when they head east for the 1 PM kickoff.

I actually hate to admit that I thought about this issue yesterday.

I'm not worried about it at all but I do remember how big a deal the press made of it back in 2005...

And since we are doing it differently this time... I'm all fine with it! :D

Good call. With the team leaving late it will minimize the time change. You don't want to arrive mid day with the afternoon to kill. It will also help them avoid the pre-game hype. They should be well rested if they go straight to their hotel. Saturday's game will seem more like a Prime Time game instead of an afternoon.

Archived