Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor says... (pic included, you'll be glad you looked)

jsgregg

It was on ESPN too??? Sportscenter???

yes indeed on sportscenter right when i originally posted, they played the santana, samuels, daniels (i think) lockerroom clips and portis post game in the fedora piece.

They mentioned the 21 pts victory (as JG mentioned) and then they went to the field at fedex and the reporter whose name i can't remember talked about the pic specifically for ~30 seconds (found on the internet posted by a fan).

Once again, thank you for sharing that treasure.

yes indeed on sportscenter right when i originally posted, they played the santana, samuels, daniels (i think) lockerroom clips and portis post game in the fedora piece.

They mentioned the 21 pts victory (as JG mentioned) and then they went to the field at fedex and the reporter whose name i can't remember talked about the pic specifically for ~30 seconds (found on the internet posted by a fan).

Once again, thank you for sharing that treasure.

Wow, I need to get off this board and actually go watch SportsCenter. I have to see that.

Apparently Phillip Daniels wife gave the pic that the extreme skins fan posted last week to Phillip and he posted it in the locker room. It was the pic of ST signature of "We Want Dalls!" I'm sorry, I searched, and if this has been posted in another thread, delete it. But this is so ****ing awesome. So many good quotes from this game. I would hate to face us right now! HTTR! and not to get ahead of ourselves, but "We Want Dalls Again!"

Former Redskins great Dexter Manley revived memories of the old days by taking the microphone and leading cheers of "We want Dallas!" from the field before kickoff. Coincidentally, those were the very words written by Taylor on an autographed photo discovered on the Internet by defensive end Phillips Daniels' wife, a photo Daniels shared with his teammates Saturday.

Marion Barber not only finished 25 yards shy of his first 1,000-yard season, but Barber (minus-6 yards) and Julius Jones (7) combined for 1 yard -- setting a new franchise record for rushing futility. The Cowboys defense allowed a 100-yard rusher for the first time this season. The offense went 0-for-11 converting third downs, and Dallas lost its season finale for the eighth straight year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271230028

i don't know if its something thats even possible, or that you would consider...

but IF (WHEN) we beat the Seahawks, maybe you could loan it to the team to take to Dallas with them....I am sure they would take good care of it for you...

and it may mean an awful lot to a lot of guys who lost someone who was family for them

just a thought...

Wow. When I first heard the players talk about that picture on the post-game show while driving home from FedEx, I was like..."Was that the same picture on ES ... or just some crazy coincidence...?"

Incredible. What a story. Looks like "we're all in this together" takes on a new meaning. I love this team!!!

i don't know if its something thats even possible, or that you would consider...

but IF (WHEN) we beat the Seahawks, maybe you could loan it to the team to take to Dallas with them....I am sure they would take good care of it for you...

and it may mean an awful lot to a lot of guys who lost someone who was family for them

just a thought...

Man, that has to be done bro !!!! I cant explain the feeling of playing that thru my mind is, but it sure does feel damn good !!!! This is our year to be destined. It is like Rock C. said, since the funeral they have become family instead of just teamates.

I Never thought this team would get me so FIRED UP :applause: :applause: Does T.Collins know how bad he could get hurt??? Cuz the man looks like the most poised and relaxed QB in the league. Its like he dont think or know the feeling of gettin hit, it is incredible how he is just so POISED

To the man who posted the pic thank you and to the redskins thank you. I finally have something to tear up about other than the death of ST. The never quit attitude of are team and that we made it to the post season. God I'm so happy right now I just feel like hugging all you guys!!!!!! This game is in my top 5 redskins game all-time! God I still can't believe we did it ,we made it to the post season! HTTR!

I tried to go to sleep a few hours ago.

Still too amped to close my eyes.

jsgregg, needless to say, you provided the players with something very special. Thank you..

It's apparent ST was keen on the little anecdotes, that are special to this franchise. How many things will we, as 'Skins fans learn about Sean posthumously, that show just how much he loved playing in DC.?

Still, it's funny Portis thought the message was "Just beat Dallas..". Clinton is one hell of a RB, and teammate, but apparently, not much of a historian. Heh.

They were mentioning on the news that this picture made it's way through the locker room and was an inspirational emotional factor for the players. Philip Daniels printed it out and gave it to his teammates and they were talking about it in post game interviews. I thought that was pretty cool!

Archived