Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Most Memorable Play Against Dallas

OxonHillSkinsFan89

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Agree.

Also, you have to include the tipped pass by Dexter Manley in the 1982 NFC Championship where Darryl Grant catches it and runs it in for a TD that clinches the win.

That would have been my vote.

Bingo!!!! For us older folks that was the most memorable moment in Redskins/Dallas History. Period!

Other ==> Darryl Grant high stepping into the end zone for the clinching TD in the '82 NFC Championship game against the 'Boys. We then went on to beat Miami in the SB on Riggo's run.

If you were around to see that game, you'd know what I mean.:)

This sequence of events never happened last year... I don't know where you pulled this out of, nor do I want to know.

Lies

(I meant the cowboys were kicking the field goal, though)

Joe Gibbs watched his Washington Redskins go from blowing a chance for a last-minute victory over the Dallas Cowboys to preventing a last-minute loss to, somehow, pulling out a win with no time left on the clock. "Gosh," the Hall of Fame coach said, "I don't know if I've experienced anything like that."

ADVERTISEMENT

if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['cmKNN9j8a5A-']='&U=13bgkksll%2fN%3dcmKNN9j8a5A-%2fC%3d619213.11618595.12104968.2311907%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4940782'; http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=xAG18EWTeB9QSUS52uI3ZwGsRG6e.Ud0hwAABQEi&T=140amth3h%2fX%3d1198819072%2fE%3d95858722%2fR%3dsports%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1077878197%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d18799345&U=13bgkksll%2fN%3dcmKNN9j8a5A-%2fC%3d619213.11618595.12104968.2311907%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4940782 In a finish as crazy as they come, Washington's Nick Novak got two chances to try a winning field goal, missing the first from 49 yards with 31 seconds to go before barely making the second, a 47-yarder after time expired that lifted the Redskins past the Cowboys 22-19 on Sunday.

"It's a short walk from the outhouse to the penthouse," Novak said. "This is what a kicker dreams about. There are ups and downs, and this was the up."

Between Novak's low and high, Dallas kicker Mike Vanderjagt's chance to win it -- a 35-yarder with 6 seconds left -- was blocked by Troy Vincent. The ball bounced around until Sean Taylor picked it up and made a weaving, tackle-busting return into Dallas territory as time expired. Dallas' Kyle Kosier was flagged for a facemask penalty on the return, tacking on another 15 yards -- and meaning regulation would continue for one more play.

Novak came through this time, sneaking the ball inside the right upright. With his arms up, Novak ran about 50 yards back downfield, and several of his teammates piled on top of him, led by Vincent.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20061105028

We Want Dallas! We Want Dallas! Absolutely the pinnacle in my memory. I bet many "old-timers" recall this like I do...chanting at home along with the fans at the game. I'll bet there wasn't a single outside location in the DC Metro area where you couldn't hear this chant coming from the apartments, houses, bus terminals, department stores, etc. I will never forget that moment!

HTTR

Other: Ken Houston stopping Dorsett on the 2 yd line to win the game.

This is definitely my favorite single play against the Cowboys, but I wouldnt expect most of you kids on this board to remember that play.

Just to let you know, it was Walt Garrison on the 1 yard line not Tony Dorsett on the 2... and this was the last play of the game.. and Walt Garrison was one of the better RB's in the league at the time... and Kenny Houston pulled him down from behind AT THE 1 YARD LINE.

If you put this in your poll, I would be interested to see the results.

Good thread but you should limit the choices to one play...for example, to me the second Moss TD would be a good choice. And you forgot to mention perhaps the most memorable play of them all. Does this look familiar to anyone?

0131_large.jpg

Yess!! My first football memories were of that season. Unbelievable!

:dallasuck

Not only were Santana's 2 TD catches the best ever plays against the cowboys, they rank #1 in my sports experiences, because me and my two buds were "Looking Live" and in person at Texas Stadium (WHAT A DUMP!!!), that night!

By far and away the best walk out of a stadium I have ever taken!

A close second would be the chaotic final minutes and field goal winner by Novak!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I'm going with We Want Dallas. The Moss thing was great, but it's overrated on this forum. We didn't even really go anywhere that year...it was just cool and all. WWD is a fanbase all on the same wavelength.

I've witnessed every single play being discussed on this forum, with the exception of the George Allen era moments (I was too young to remember these plays, but I guarentee I was sitting with my Dad watching them!). The Moss play is most definitely NOT overrated! That was one of the truly greatest events in the history of this rivalry!

We didn't really go anywhere that year? Were you even watching the team that year? We were 1 play (and 1 key injury) away from the NFC Championship Game in the 2nd year of Joe Gibbs v 2 tenure!

Archived