Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

cowboy redskins game moved to 4?

MIghtySKINS

How this isn't obvious is really beyond me. Just because some might not have any conflicts doesn't mean no one does.

For me personally, I'd like a 4pm game because I have friends out of town visiting, and I want to tailgate but I'm taking them to the airport in the AM. So there's just one example. I'd like to know asap just so I can plan accordingly with my friends.

Hm other people have different issues from you (general you, not the quoted person). Shocker.

And I'm sure some people have plans scheduled for that Sunday afternoon as well. The point is, no matter what the time is, there are going to be at least some fans that get "screwed over." So what time the game will be played at really doesn't matter.

It makes a difference for the people who are going to the game and have other family functions planned for this weekend.
How this isn't obvious is really beyond me. Just because some might not have any conflicts doesn't mean no one does.

For me personally, I'd like a 4pm game because I have friends out of town visiting, and I want to tailgate but I'm taking them to the airport in the AM. So there's just one example. I'd like to know asap just so I can plan accordingly with my friends.

Hm other people have different issues from you (general you, not the quoted person). Shocker.

NO, it was not obvious. I thought it was pretty well KNOWN that games later in the year MIGHT be changed. Seems like those who buy tickets would keep that in mind.

Since I have to fly in when I come to games........one way or another doesnt matter to me.

Yes, I saw that too. Didn't say "game moved to 4 EST", but when they listed the first and second set of games the Redskins/Cowboys was listed as a later game.

Yep, I think it said something about the doubleheader, showed the 1 pm games and then had the Skins/Boys game listed under the 4 pm games.

NO, it was not obvious. I thought it was pretty well KNOWN that games later in the year MIGHT be changed. Seems like those who buy tickets would keep that in mind.

Since I have to fly in when I come to games........one way or another doesnt matter to me.

Matters to me. I have to pick up my wife at Balt/Wash airport Sunday, choice was 11am or 5:30 pm. Arrangements HAD to be made yesterday so we went with the info we had at the time and booked the later flight. "Keeping it in mind" doesn't go very far when your only sure choice is to pass up the game.

If you are a Redskins fan and watch most of the games, you should damn well know by now that just about every single season the second Redskins/Dallas game almost ALWAYS gets moved to 4pm....even when it doesn't have playoff implications. It is the biggest rivalry in the NFL(if not sports) and there is almost always SOMETHING about the game that gives it reason to be put on national tv.

EDIT: Looks like the 49ers are on the road in Cleveland at 1pm Eastern time next week...COOL so the game should be on TV here!!!

Exactly! But these are the internets - it's all about ME ME ME ME!!!!! :laugh:

I'd like to know so my Dad can plan his weekend around either staying home or coming down to my place to watch the game. If our game's at 1, he's stuck watching the Panthers/Bucs unless he comes down to watch it with me, since he doesn't have the Sunday Ticket. If it's at 4, he's good to go.

Makes a difference, indeed. How anyone could question WHY some of us would want to know what time the game is so we can plan accordingly is what's so difficult to understand.

That's cool that it doesn't matter to you. Yes I agree it should be well known that games later in the year MIGHT be changed. That's not the point. The point is people do have things they have to do at times outside of football on Sundays. That is why the time is of interest to people. There are more than a few posts in this thread indicating that they don't care what time the game is, and some expressing confusion about why anyone cares. I was clarifying what I thought was obvious, that some people obviously do care and they'd like to know if anyone knows anything about it.

The point's not worth belaboring, but since you bothered to reply to me, I figured I'd bother to reply to you.

Matters to me. I have to pick up my wife at Balt/Wash airport Sunday, choice was 11am or 5:30 pm. Arrangements HAD to be made yesterday so we went with the info we had at the time and booked the later flight. "Keeping it in mind" doesn't go very far when your only sure choice is to pass up the game.

Ouch dude, sorry to hear that. I wish they had done a better job of announcing this; pretty irritating, even though it helps me a bit (either way I was definitely going to make the game, the question was just the tailgate).

Can you change the reservation for a fee or something?

And I'm sure some people have plans scheduled for that Sunday afternoon as well. The point is, no matter what the time is, there are going to be at least some fans that get "screwed over." So what time the game will be played at really doesn't matter.

To whom? It obviously matters to anyone who could miss the game one way or another. People want to know as soon as possible so they can plan accordingly, period. Not everyone can just alot a Sunday to football, and some plans are unchangable (plenty of posts to reflect this). Really, this shouldn't be such a crazy thing.

And anyway, you basically say the time matters to some people, but since at either time there is a set of people probably getting messed up (agreed), it doesn't really matter. That makes no sense since the people getting messed up obviously care and would like to know asap. This is on the level of obvious that I'm really confused that I have to type this.

Let 'em take a cab..... ;)

You know, I said I'd actually consider doing that to the Skins fan I go to the games with, to which he said you're a terrible friend. He was probably joking for the most part, but he was right. Now with the game at 4 noone's the wiser to my inconsiderate musings anyway.:cool:

Archived