Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this wrong?

Zguy28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

WRONG!!! I am tired of all this bs that we cant celebrate just christmas in school and you have to say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas to accomodate everyone. Christmas is celebrated by the majority of people and it has been around forever. Why change it because some people are offended? I say bring the cupcakes with xmas trees and stockings who cares!

It's one of them issues that can go either way. It really depends how the teacher felt about christmas. You can look at it as good thing. Maybe she didnt want the kids to be brainwashed about christmas. Especially since no one in the bible celebrated it. The word christmas isnt in the bible at all anyway.

Poll updated in the nick of time for angry partisanship.

Yay!!!!!

Here to serve. Title fix-ed.

I didn't read the OP, or any of the posts, but I'm willing to bet this is about the same thing, and a reaction to maybe, the Christmas tree thread and now I will see if I'm right.

Thanks gentlemen.

And no, its a real thing. It happened to a friend of mine in Northern Virginia.

I doubt this particular teacher is the one writing the school regulations. How can we know if this teacher was right or wrong without knowing what their rules are?

I should clarify. If this was the local school regulation, then the regulation is wrong from a legal standpoint. If this was her own idea, then she is wrong in her interpretation of the regulation. Either way, it's wrong.

I should clarify. If this was the local school regulation, then the regulation is wrong from a legal standpoint. If this was her own idea, then she is wrong in her interpretation of the regulation. Either way, it's wrong.

I'm not sure school boards care about it's constitutional implications so much as they care about their students. Despite the fact that this teacher cited SOCAS, the school board might believe in 'separation' as a principle for providing a welcoming environment for all students.

fail
Thanks gentlemen.

And no, its a real thing. It happened to a friend of mine in Northern Virginia.

I think since it's the holiday season, I'll give myself a wash on the call. ;)

I had the right instinct about the nature of topic without reading more than the poll choices. :)

And you should be more charitable, sizzlehead. You can't get 'em right even when you have all the info and time to consider.

:silly::D

Merry Christmas sizzlehead :cheers:

I'd have eaten the cupcakes btw.

Here to serve. Title fix-ed.

I didn't read the OP, or any of the posts, but I'm willing to bet this is about the same thing, and a reaction to maybe, the Christmas tree thread and now I will see if I'm right.

fail
I think since it's the holiday season, I'll give myself a wash on the call. ;)

I had the right instinct about the nature of topic without reading more than the poll choices. :)

And you should be more charitable, sizzlehead. You can't get 'em right even when you have all the info and time to consider.

Jumbo was right.*

Archived