Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Christmas Day Snowstorm?

Ji

a big storm is going to affect the midwest this weekend with a low passing well to our west. What this means is that we will be warm this weekend while places like Chicago and Milwaukee could get snow. However by Christmas Eve, a strong cold front should push through(We could see thunderstorms possibly(unusual for this time of year). Once the cold front passes, it will get cold for Christmas day. There will be some energy left back that could try to formulate a storm for late Christmas night or the 26th that we will have to keep an eye on.

Once the NAO goes negative, its pretty obvious to me that based on the current pattern of lots of storminess, we will get a memorable east coast event(My guess is early Jan(Jan 5-10).

I will keep you updated on a potential storm for Dec 26. The models have it but the ensembles do not at this point so we will see

reviewing the latest modeling...there appears to be a decent chance for an event on Christmas day/Christmas night. Not going to hype this one yet but alot of the operations models are making noise including the usually reliable European.

Im not buying in to this just yet. Ill wait til the 23rd or so to decide for myself.

nothing to get excited about yet but there is some noise in the pattern. Alot will depend on what the midwest storm does

Some models have a storm and some have nothing. At least last week most of the models were in agreement that some type of storm was coming. it did track west and we got the warm side of it. So much would have to go right for this Christmas Storm to happen. Although it looks good for snow lovers in January i think. Should be getting colder.

a big storm is going to affect the midwest this weekend with a low passing well to our west. What this means is that we will be warm this weekend while places like Chicago and Milwaukee could get snow. However by Christmas Eve, a strong cold front should push through(We could see thunderstorms possibly(unusual for this time of year). Once the cold front passes, it will get cold for Christmas day. There will be some energy left back that could try to formulate a storm for late Christmas night or the 26th that we will have to keep an eye on.

Once the NAO goes negative, its pretty obvious to me that based on the current pattern of lots of storminess, we will get a memorable east coast event(My guess is early Jan(Jan 5-10).

I will keep you updated on a potential storm for Dec 26. The models have it but the ensembles do not at this point so we will see

To view where Ji's "guesses/opinions" come from go here...

http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?showforum=15

We will probably see precipitation on the 26th. But again there is a question for it being cold enough. A cold front will move in the same day, and hopefully it will pack just enough punch to give us some wet snow. The mix line will be in question right up until the storm hits us. But this sure does look like a lot of moisture headed our way. By this time next week, we will more than likely be seeing rain/sleet/snow. Will the snow stick? Well, even if it all does, you won't need a yardstick to measure it. But you may break out the ruler a few times.

I have seen my snow for the year when I was in Pittsburgh on Thanksgiving.

I will be in the Shenandoah valley on x-mas, if this is my chance to see double of what I would have this year, that is awesome :D

****ing norfolk :laugh:

Ji, can you conjure up some snow for December 30th? Enough to pour down on FedEx Field during the game so that the Brokeback Boys get chilly toes and no hot chocolate? That would be sweet. I wanna throw snow up in the air as we crush Dallass and soar into the paloffs.

Christmas snow would be nice, too. Hook a brother up, will ya? ;)

Archived